27" Acer Predator XB270HU bprz $684.19 at Amazon

Agreed, sounds like G-sync wasn't working correctly on your setup. Faulty module perhaps also.

As far as limiting FPS, you can easily do that through Rivatuner.

Umm... it sounds to me like you just had some issues on your overall setup, probably software side. Because none of your experience is normal. I don't know about this monitor, but my RoG Swift definitely wasn't like that. And I doubt this one is just so awful that this stuff would be normal with it.

Furthermore, why are you even trying to use it at 60fps? With G-Sync, it'll adjust the refresh rate according to your fps. I always leave mine at 144Hz regardless of what I can actually run the game at. For instance, FC4 with absolutely everything jacked up won't play beyond probably like 30-40FPS, but it still looks fine.

Finally, make sure you turn off V-Sync when using G-Sync, and vice versa when using ULMB.

I mean it should kind of be common sense to look for things that are wrong with your setup when your sentiments are so far away from almost everyone that has tried the same product.
As I said, some games dont work right when going over 60 fps. The problem is that some games also have no way of adjusting the refresh rate and would default to 144 even if I had the desktop at 60. And when you select gsync it defaults to vsync on in the cp. I had to set to application controlled as the vsync from the cp caused hitching when panning around in some games.

Agreed, sounds like G-sync wasn't working correctly on your setup. Faulty module perhaps also.

As far as limiting FPS, you can easily do that through Rivatuner.
I have been using Afterburner for many years and some games dont play nice with rivatuner running.It can impact the smoothness of the game, cause performance loss and even crash a game.

As I said, some games dont work right when going over 60 fps. The problem is that some games also have no way of adjusting the refresh rate and would default to 144 even if I had the desktop at 60. And when you select gsync it defaults to vsync on in the cp. I had to set to application controlled as the vsync from the cp caused hitching when panning around in some games.

What? Well if you had v-sync on at the same time as G-sync, that's kind of your problem, either way.

As for games, I think they tend to default to the same refresh rate your monitor is running at. The RoG Swift has a button that adjusts its refresh rate setting on the fly. I think that Acer probably has something similar. Try changing the setting on the monitor to see if that lowers it in game.

You have got some really funky stuff going on...

What? Well if you had v-sync on at the same time as G-sync, that's kind of your problem, either way.

As for games, I think they tend to default to the same refresh rate your monitor is running at. The RoG Swift has a button that adjusts its refresh rate setting on the fly. I think that Acer probably has something similar. Try changing the setting on the monitor to see if that lowers it in game.

You have got some really funky stuff going on...
AGAIN it defaults to having vsync on with gsync and that is supposed to be for when you exceed the max refresh rate. Turning it off makes no difference as I was not exceeding 144 fps in any game at the settings I was using. And again one problem was I could not always control the refresh rate in some games and some games even ran at 144 even if I had it set to 60 hz on the desktop or even the game menu. I have already packed it back up as I spent several days fooling with it and it was too many issues and little to no improvement in my games.

I have the TN panel, a friend of mine has the IPS version.. aside from standing 5" from the monitor and looking from the extreme top or sides, i notice no difference.

I bought the TN because i couldnt justify an additional $250 (at the time) for IPS over TN. I use my monitor for gaming purposes only and color representation (that i can see no difference in) means nothing to me when im doing 100+ frames per second first person shooter gaming.

Also for anyone considering this monitor.. it truly is as good as everyone says. Its a 'see to believe' type purchase, but you wont regret it! :)

I have been using Afterburner for many years and some games dont play nice with rivatuner running.It can impact the smoothness of the game, cause performance loss and even crash a game.

I've found the same thing. I don't even install rivatuner anymore.

Back