2405: DVI and Component/Svideo at the same time?

spotpuff

Gawd
I was wondering if it would be possible to run my 2405 through DVI and component or SVIDEO at the same time. I don't think either the monitor or my video card came with the cables, so I can't really test this. Anyone know?

I was wondering if it would be possible to run my 2405 through DVI and component or SVIDEO at the same time. I don't think either the monitor or my video card came with the cables, so I can't really test this. Anyone know?

It's just like a TV. You have to physically select the input you want to currently display and you can even do picture in picture.

the dell 2405 can do picture-in-picure and even side-by-side, unsure on the combination of from what inputs however.

IIRC, the only combination it cannot do is VGA+DVI in PIP or side-by-side-mode. But even then you can hook them up simultaneously and flip back and forth with the input selector.

Right it makes sense it can't do VGA + DVI because it probably uses the same hardware to process both signals, and different hardware for the other inputs.

Sorry my question is more regarding the video card than the monitor (although my initial question was worded so poorly it was impossible to tell); I guess I am asking if it's possible to do it with the same video card; my Nvidia 7900 GTO has dual DVI and also SVIDEO out and component (I think), so would it be possible to run one image from DVI and then ouput a 2nd desktop via component to the 2405 and run both at the same time via PIP or side-by-side?

It might be nice for me tohave a 2nd window with a maximized IM window so I can check IMs when gaming :)

I've never tried that, but you should be able to. I have run VGA and DVI off of the same card to my 2005FPW and can flip back and forth between them (I was trying to compare picture quality). SInce you can PIP using S-video, you should be able to do what you are suggesting.

Back