2 X RAID 0 SSD or 1 X SSD

I wouldn't bother with the grief of a RAID0 unless you have a very good reason to, you won't gain any real world performance to speak of.
While that's not entirely true, I know what you are trying to say. In games you almost certainly would not notice a difference, but in sequential file reads and writes you would notice a big difference.

While that's not entirely true, I know what you are trying to say. In games you almost certainly would not notice a difference, but in sequential file reads and writes you would notice a big difference.

Installing the games and loading them it absolutely helps. Not in-game as you said, although, in-game, with large texture loads, depending on the game, an SSD is better than a spinner, single or R0.

I'm listening in on this. I have 1 m4 128GB on my core2quad system right now. I have another m4 128gb sitting on my desk awaiting the arrival of my sandy bridge stuff so I can raid 0 them. my main use is photoshop/lightroom. I'm wondering if I should just add it as another disk and use as scratch or raid 0 and use a 4GB ramdisk as scratch. I have another raid 10 with spindles for storage.

Hey guys, thought i would give some updates. I actually went with 1 X 256gb SSD (Crucial M4, flashed to the latest firmware)!

Good discussion going on here, keeps the learning alive!

Back