17 inch gaming laptops?

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
Dell seems to have stopped making decent gaming laptops. My e1705 is getting a little long in the tooth and I'm looking for something that will be a decent upgrade to it. Stats are in sig. I paid about 1500 for that machine between stock laptop and upgrades.

Does anyone know where I can find a 17 inch machine (or a 15 with 19x12) for around 1500 with a 8700 or higher graphics card?

I should mention the games .. WoW and Supreme Commander are all I play.

If you don't want to spend a bundle, look at Gateway P-78xx series, they now make a quad (7808) even.
If you want to spend a bit more there is a new MSI with 4850 on board.
and still more and you can get the Asus with 4870.
and still more... Sager, Hypersonic, Alienware etc.
I have the Gateway P7805u with WUXGA screen and I love it ! Paid $1150 out the door for it, right when it came out in December 2008. I love it.

If you want the best gaming laptop go for Clevo's
Are battery life & heat important? (don't want it to get hot)
You don't want a 15" with 1920x1080/1200 because that will make the font incredibly hard to read *and I mean it) maybe on a 18+inch it'll be fine but nothing less than 17"

I would definitely look into the Asus G series. If you are looking to spend a fancy amount on something powerful, get the G71V or G71G : http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=m6FktlxnTmUJwrMm
I've sold a couple of these to customers already and damn I'm ready to spend my tax return on one.
If WoW and Supreme Commander is all you want to play these G series will only laugh at them.
Battery life isn't great if you're gaming on it however.

If you're not looking to spend a whole lot, some of the Asus M-Series (I used one for 2 weeks when I went on vacation and it ran COD 4/W@W and WoW maxed out no problem.
http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup1.aspx?PG_ID=1quIC6RvvlvcvNbn

DELL 7805-u FX Edition is what I run and I absolutely love it. I used to play WoW hardcore on here and the laptop never missed a beat and always displayed the game in some really beautiful graphics.

Back