Awesome work my friend, I like it.

Wonderful work as always. I have been thinking of just glueing a custom case together with no rivets at all. Should work fine. Because, like you said, they now glue entire cars together.

What case was that origonally?

Sweet. I may have to build a NAS soon as this makes alot more sense to me as a functional computer/server, then just a dumb NAS. I may have to copy what you did.

Can't wait to see what you do for a new faceplate.

Looking absolutely wonderful so far! Keep it up! Kinda makes me want a smaller computer case now compared to my tower case.

how much ovber hand was there on the 5.25 bay and the sata card i just looked and wounderd if some of the plastic could of been cut off the array or if a diff card could be used
scrap that question just looked at pics has a rather large overhang

yeah i did not relise the other hand untill i looked at the side pic of the card and the array

i wounder if they do a pci slot adapter so the card could be made horizontal instead of vertical this may give Clarence for the array to fit an unmodified case

It's a mashie production, what more can be said? :D

Go mashie!

What is the timeline project spoken of? A mashie project I have never seen that, may never be finished? :(

Can't wait to see this finished! I just started building my WHS system and you're original Udat was an inspiration for the mods I need to make although mine is more like a 16 drive version. :D

Can't wait to see this finished! I just started building my WHS system and you're original Udat was an inspiration for the mods I need to make although mine is more like a 16 drive version. :D
Cool, will it be a cube or a tower?

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I have tried to source one of these over the past week but I can't find a company that A) have one, B) want to sell to a normal end user. I guess the shiny USB3.0 based backup solution I had in mind will have to be put on hold for the time being.

Not to bring this thread back from the ether, but how did you get the RAIDCore controller to recognize that drive? I had major issues achieving the same with both of my RAIDCore cards and three Samsung F3EG drives. While they all initialized at the BIOS, none would do the same in Windows.

i love the laptop dvd drive you managed to get in it. i build my own udat clone with some more powerfull hardware over a year ago. i was doing some googling to see if anyone had done any improvements to the design and i came across this thread. it started off with 2 power supplys but i eventualy managed to get a 500w micro atx psu mounted inside it. after looking at your dvd mod i am thinking of moving my usb ports and putting a dvd drive in there as i think the single problem with the origonal udat design was the lack of a dvd drive

it started out with -
Intel Atom 330 D945GCLF2
1gb ddr2
silicone image pci 3114 sata card

then upgraded to a

intel pentium E2180
Foxconn MCP73S01 DTX motherboard with PCIE 1x and 16x slots
2gb ddr2
9600gso

then to
phenom 9150e quad
4gb ddr2 sodimm
J&W MITX 780g motherboard
HD4850 graphics card
500w micro atx power supply

but it had overheating problems in a case so small so i changed that out to

Foxconn G41S-K G41 DTX motherboard
intel E6300 1.86ghz
2gb ddr2
9600gso
silicone image 3114A pci-e raid card

dq0qaa.jpg

ay440.jpg
[/IMG]

the cardboard has been replaced with a wooden front as it was the easiest material i can work with.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=105749

and thank you for coming up with such a brilliant design in the first place and you should google for "morex venus raid" you have been the inspiration for a few of these cases

Last edited:
*bows down in reverence* You, sir, are /amazing/, and truly deserving of that "Mod God" title.

If you would be so kind, I would be honored to have your feedback regarding a mod I'm doing... I'm a total n00b at this stuff, but I'm learning fast. My thread is here.

Took you long enough to wrap that puppy up, mashie ;)

Looks nice :)

Back