1.92TB KIOXIA CM6-R KCM6DRUL1T92 on Windows

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Hi, I was looking at this drive and seller is saying it will only work on Linux and not Windows. I tried to Google that, but didn’t find anything…would anyone know why that would be the case and if so, anyway to make it work on Windows? The seller did not have any other info.

Thank you!

Probably formatted in 520 sectors. What's the deal price per TB. There are other options usually in used gear. I've got pcie nvme in my win box that works great.

Probably formatted in 520 sectors. What's the deal price per TB. There are other options usually in used gear. I've got pcie nvme in my win box that works great.
$140 for 2TB. It sounds like the fix is to boot up Linux and use nvme tools to format. Would anyone have the commands to do that? I’m not familiar with Linux

$140 for 2TB. It sounds like the fix is to boot up Linux and use nvme tools to format. Would anyone have the commands to do that? I’m not familiar with Linux

That is a bit on the spendy side for used ent gear. I just paid $130 for 3TB nvme's. I'd suggest looking around for options and reading up on how to do the reformats along with other specific issues with used ent gear. 520 sectors is just one reason used gear may not work in windows, there are other reasons.

That is a bit on the spendy side for used ent gear. I just paid $130 for 3TB nvme's. I'd suggest looking around for options and reading up on how to do the reformats along with other specific issues with used ent gear. 520 sectors is just one reason used gear may not work in windows, there are other reasons.
Thanks for the suggestion. When you say don’t work with Windows, do you mean some devices will never work or do you mean I just need to jump through some hoops, like reformatting, to get it to work in windows?

Thanks for the suggestion. When you say don’t work with Windows, do you mean some devices will never work or do you mean I just need to jump through some hoops, like reformatting, to get it to work in windows?

usually, just hoops, mostly formating and custom bios issues. there is also connectors, like u.3, where you usually need adapters unless you are running a enterprise board as well. I had some drives a bit back that just refused to work, I think they had been separated from what should have been an integrated hardware controller.

Back