Computer Predicts Seahawks Over Broncos

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Broncos fan, I have bad news for you. A computer simulation has predicted the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl. :eek:

Prediction Machine’s Predictalator ran a simulation of Sunday’s Super Bowl 50,000 times, and found that the most likely score has the Seahawks beating the Broncos, 24-21. Of the 50,000 simulations, the Seahawks won 54.8% of the time, and the Broncos 45.2% of the time.

But Madden went the other way! I don't know what program to trust!

Neither. Broncos in a rout. The old rules no longer apply, Offense > Defense. As a result, every simulation, which treats both equally, is flawed.

I like the idea that computers can be used to simulate big, hairy, sweaty fat guys that all chase after the "ball" and get into a big pile atop one another in an attempt to grab it. It's probably better if the computer constantly has the players touching each others' butts and making up the excuse that it's the only place the other guy can feel the affection than if its done in real life.

I don't really have any strong desire to see either team win.

Though I really do want to see Richard Sherman lose, preferably after suffering an injury.

I like the idea that computers can be used to simulate big, hairy, sweaty fat guys that all chase after the "ball" and get into a big pile atop one another in an attempt to grab it. It's probably better if the computer constantly has the players touching each others' butts and making up the excuse that it's the only place the other guy can feel the affection than if its done in real life.

...wtf...

Since this might be Manning's last year, I'm rooting for him.

I doubt it is his last year. Only thing keeping him away from future seasons would be due to medical reasons. Even being a Patriots fan myself, I think Peyton deserves another ring. I could have cared less who won really but agree with previous post about Richard Sherman, he needs to learn sportsmanship. Professional athletes are role models, have an ego, show how good you are in actions, don't taunt or talk down others. Kids have so much bullying cyber/verbal/physical going on, we don't need people like him undoing everything teachers and parents are working to raise their children. By taunting, trash talking, diminishing peers in sports or schools in general. NFL is turning into WWE, the NFL network seems to be supporting this behavior as healthy competitiveness.

Anyways. May the best team win.

Last time I checked computers weren't playing the game. Humans are. People are unpredictable,

So do people who watch the Superbowl actually enjoy football, or is it another hive mind activity.

I doubt it is his last year. Only thing keeping him away from future seasons would be due to medical reasons. Even being a Patriots fan myself, I think Peyton deserves another ring. I could have cared less who won really but agree with previous post about Richard Sherman, he needs to learn sportsmanship. Professional athletes are role models, have an ego, show how good you are in actions, don't taunt or talk down others. Kids have so much bullying cyber/verbal/physical going on, we don't need people like him undoing everything teachers and parents are working to raise their children. By taunting, trash talking, diminishing peers in sports or schools in general. NFL is turning into WWE, the NFL network seems to be supporting this behavior as healthy competitiveness.

Anyways. May the best team win.

Yeah if anything Denver needs to keep Peyton around just so they can quickly train their next QB, having all those weapons in the world won't do squat when you have a scrub throwing the ball. For every Andrew Luck that comes out of the draft you get 40 Matt Leinarts coming out. Not to mention the old way of studying under a great QB as backup for 3-6 years seems to be waning, Aaron Rodgers would not be the QB he is today if it wasn't for Brett Favre, neither would Steve Young.

And yeah, if it wasn't for Sherman's mouth I would be routing for the Seahawks all the way, I recognize he is the best cornerback without question in the NFL. But his mouth makes me hate him, wonder if he's going to go the direction of Terrell Owens as a result. Although seems Pete Carroll puts up with it more as long as he's winning.

...said the guy that never took a snap, made a block, catch, sack, or performed a perfect open field tackle to stop a touchdown.

I think you have the wrong idea about the game.

Sherman is actually a really nice guy. One bad incident vs. 50 good ones.

Not only this but dont look at his real background. He came from absolutely gang infested, broken down neighborhoods to graduate his High School with ABOVE a 4.0 GPA, and then graduated from Stanford. Football Player or not, Stanford places a higher emphasis on scholastic accomplishments when recruiting their athletes

I love all the Sherman haters. You guys have no clue. The dude's a total character, but I'd argue a class act as well. Just go on YouTube and watch some of his other videos. The one of him on Bourbon Street in NOLA last year is pretty hilarious. If your opinion of him is based on the one interview, then I don't know what to tell you, but even I found that to be hilarious.

I love all the Sherman haters. You guys have no clue. The dude's a total character, but I'd argue a class act as well. Just go on YouTube and watch some of his other videos. The one of him on Bourbon Street in NOLA last year is pretty hilarious. If your opinion of him is based on the one interview, then I don't know what to tell you, but even I found that to be hilarious.

Actually we do have a clue. I've seen him in plenty of interviews, when he did the NFL pregame show during their by week this year, and yeah he's a very well spoken man. However it's when he gets juiced up that his mindset goes elsewhere, yeah that one rant was fairly ranty, but it's hardly the first incident, remember the infamous Tom Brady "You mad bro?" disrespect? Fact of the matter is he talks a lot, he even said so himself in interviews, he has that attitude of urban basketball where you trash talk everyone when you make a good play and he's very good at that because he makes lots of good plays. Goes over to the 49ers qb after the last play and gives the "Choke" symbol... yeah it was just that one interview after the game.

Either way, the Seahawks are going to be an interesting team to watch to see how they handle the salary cap issues next year, Sherman is off his 3 year "rookie rate" and he is going to get paid well for being the best at his position. Earl Thomas also, maybe not as much as Sherman but those two are going to put a big hit to the salary cap. Then the year after with Russell Wilson, ooh boy.

My own highly complex algorithm running on my TI-81 says the NFL wins in the end. Got yo money...

I usually go with the better defensive team which is Seattle in this case but Denver has the edge in a high scoring shootout.

I loved watching football in the 70s-80's90's but now days the game is a joke of what it used to be. All the penalties and not allowed to do this; not allowed to hit like that blah blah blah. Next thing ya know they are going to have the quarterbacks with flags on the waist so you cant tackle and hurt them. Game is just a throwing game now for the most part and a complete bore to me sadly. RIP football you had some good years but your trash now because of greedy owners protecting huge investments in players not to get injured.

Yeah if anything Denver needs to keep Peyton around just so they can quickly train their next QB, having all those weapons in the world won't do squat when you have a scrub throwing the ball. For every Andrew Luck that comes out of the draft you get 40 Matt Leinarts coming out. Not to mention the old way of studying under a great QB as backup for 3-6 years seems to be waning, Aaron Rodgers would not be the QB he is today if it wasn't for Brett Favre, neither would Steve Young.

And yeah, if it wasn't for Sherman's mouth I would be routing for the Seahawks all the way, I recognize he is the best cornerback without question in the NFL. But his mouth makes me hate him, wonder if he's going to go the direction of Terrell Owens as a result. Although seems Pete Carroll puts up with it more as long as he's winning.

To be fair, the guy he was ranting about had shoved him in the face for no good reason at all just 2 minutes earlier. I think everyone here would be a bit pissed off too. He did go a bit far, but I still don't see how Sherman is getting so much crap for what he SAID while Crabtree is getting almost no crap for what he DID, which was clearly and objectively worse.

Yet Vegas has the Broncos as 2-point favorites. Also, if Wes Welker takes out the #1 CB again (Richard Sherman in this case), that gives the Broncos a big advantage. The weather is another factor and so far it's looking less doom and gloom and more decent winter football weather.

You must not have ever been forced to watch football with a friend or significant other. All that weird touching they do and they know they're on TV is scary and it'd be better to just simulate everything in computers.
I don't know if you're an uncle or how much you use Google, but you're doing a good job living up to the "creepy" part of your username. :eek:

Sherman is actually a really nice guy. One bad incident vs. 50 good ones.

this

yeah, he talks, 90%+ of it is in good fun and gives the sports radio jocks much needed material.

haters gonna hate

Actually we do have a clue. I've seen him in plenty of interviews, when he did the NFL pregame show during their by week this year, and yeah he's a very well spoken man. However it's when he gets juiced up that his mindset goes elsewhere, yeah that one rant was fairly ranty, but it's hardly the first incident, remember the infamous Tom Brady "You mad bro?" disrespect? Fact of the matter is he talks a lot, he even said so himself in interviews, he has that attitude of urban basketball where you trash talk everyone when you make a good play and he's very good at that because he makes lots of good plays. Goes over to the 49ers qb after the last play and gives the "Choke" symbol... yeah it was just that one interview after the game.

Either way, the Seahawks are going to be an interesting team to watch to see how they handle the salary cap issues next year, Sherman is off his 3 year "rookie rate" and he is going to get paid well for being the best at his position. Earl Thomas also, maybe not as much as Sherman but those two are going to put a big hit to the salary cap. Then the year after with Russell Wilson, ooh boy.

The only reason "You mad bro?" was a big deal was because by chance it was caught on camera and audio. It is widely acknowledged that Brady is a massive trash-talker so nobody should get in trouble for mild trash-talking to him. And objectively "You mad bro?" is really really really mild trash talk. Hardly worth mentioning really.

This isn't to defend the choke thing, which was clearly wrong. And his interview rant was also not a very good idea either. I am merely pointing out that Sherman is getting trashed for the sort of behavior that tons of other players get away with day in and day out simply because he does it a little more openly than most other players.

Also, both Thomas and Sherman are still on rookie contracts for this upcoming season. The Seahawk's will likely sign Thomas to a new contract this year anyway since that will let them soften his salary cap hit*. In fact the only "major" player the Hawks will likely have to give up on offense next year is Sidney Rice. The only major players on defense they will likely lose are Red Bryant and Chris Clemons. Overall it should be very much the same team, perhaps a tad softer against the run, but with a more explosive offense to make up for it.

seahawks have road wins this season against panthers, texans, cardinals, rams, falcons, and giants. those teams' respective records were 12-4, 2-14, 10-6, 7-9, 4-12, and 7-9. (3 of the 5 had losing seasons) they lost at 49ers and colts, whose records were 12-4 and 11-5 (both winning seasons).

going to a neutral field without the 12th man, my pick is broncos.

seahawks have road wins this season against panthers, texans, cardinals, rams, falcons, and giants. those teams' respective records were 12-4, 2-14, 10-6, 7-9, 4-12, and 7-9. (3 of the 5 had losing seasons) they lost at 49ers and colts, whose records were 12-4 and 11-5 (both winning seasons).

going to a neutral field without the 12th man, my pick is broncos.
I wonder what the weather was in these simulations. Weather in NJ will be about 40 deg. as the high and probably still above freezing as the game ends. There might be precipitation, but if there is, most likely rain, not snow. The better the weather, the more favorable for the Broncos. I think the weather factor supersedes any 12th man (or lack thereof) factor.

You must not have ever been forced to watch football with a friend or significant other. All that weird touching they do and they know they're on TV is scary and it'd be better to just simulate everything in computers.

clockwork_big.jpg

I wonder what the weather was in these simulations. Weather in NJ will be about 40 deg. as the high and probably still above freezing as the game ends. There might be precipitation, but if there is, most likely rain, not snow. The better the weather, the more favorable for the Broncos. I think the weather factor supersedes any 12th man (or lack thereof) factor.

the seattle noise vs effective offenses has been effective :p

A computer simulation predicts the Seahawks you say???

*cough*PaulAllenco-founderofMicrosoftandOwneroftheSeahawks*cough*

Luck and Manning both had dads that played in the NFL, and both got extra work most of the other guys never did. (though Luck played soccer up until highschool, hence the footwork and mobility and ability to keep track of more than your average qb)
Coaching plays a big part in hoe your qb develops as well.
As a Browns fan, I've studied EVERYTHING that makes a qb just to realize we've had none of it.

The Predictalator was wrong last year, picking SF to win 28-21 (Ravens won 34-31) but was correct the past two before that.. in 2011 by picking Green Bay over Pittsburgh (predicted score was 22-19; actual score was 31-25) .. and correct in 2012 picking the Giants over the Pats by a score of 30-28 (actual score was 21-17).

What we really need is "Princess the Camel" who correctly predicted the winners of the past two Super Bowls (and several others in the past), but she was euthanized on Jan. 14. Her last prediction was Denver over San Diego which was played on Jan.12.

Lol at people getting emotionally invested in strangers throwing a ball around.

Lol at people getting emotionally invested in strangers throwing a ball around.
This. Except it's no longer funny when you're surrounded by it 24/7 and can't have a 5-minute for half the year that doesn't devolve into that subject.

Back