560 Ti Refurb $89.99 at Microcenter (in store)

As far as I could tell it's straight Nvidia reference Ti's.

Still a good deal for the card. Can always throw their replacement plans on one or two and go to town Ocing,

The store by my house has 10+.

If you want me to pick one up for you, I probably could.

I noticed this deal the other day.

Is this a good value? It's been a while since I've been in the Nvidia world...

I think there are 2 in Chicago...

My current windows gaming pc has 6850 xfire.
I was thinking of picking one/two of these up for my phen2 940 linux box.

Denver is 100 miles from me. If I had enough people wanting these I would make the trip down and pick em up.

I would probably need 5 or so people before it would make it worth the trip.
Could probably do $100 shipped each if I had 5 people committed. ;)

I'm 6 miles away so I'll undercut you, $95, come one come all. Just kidding.

Has anyone used these? Is it just me or would the next best retail card be a 7850 for >50% more? Of course there's the 660ti.

Any high failure rates or issues?

I might take stinger up on his offer.

I have ~ 10% tax in chicago & a 1 hour round trip from my work...hmm...

Denver is 100 miles from me. If I had enough people wanting these I would make the trip down and pick em up.

I would probably need 5 or so people before it would make it worth the trip.
Could probably do $100 shipped each if I had 5 people committed. ;)

How does this make sense?

It has to be at least $8-10 to ship, and another $6-7 in tax, plus another $3 in paypal fees. You'd be at a loss.

I'm 6 miles away so I'll undercut you, $95, come one come all. Just kidding.

Has anyone used these? Is it just me or would the next best retail card be a 7850 for >50% more? Of course there's the 660ti.

Any high failure rates or issues?

How many are in stock where your at?

How does this make sense?

It has to be at least $8-10 to ship, and another $6-7 in tax, plus another $3 in paypal fees. You'd be at a loss.

Hmm, damn, you might have a point there Sirius! Didn't calculate the dang tax and paypal fees. :p

Not a bad deal, but I would personally take a 650 over this..Performance would be the same, or better, and it uses a lot less power..

Thanks OP I got one, just could not pass it up. I get a minor bump coming from a 6850 in my HTPC not bad for 97 after taxes. Just minor note looks like it has 2 dvi and a micro hdmi so keep that in mind.

I want one just to throw it with my existing one for sli. but the reality is I dont even play games on my pc anymore

I bought one at the St. Louis Park location, they are kept in the back so I don't know how many are left other than from the website.

This GPU (but different cooling) is now being benchmarked vs the AMD 7790 and the results are interesting if they were both $150, but for $89 this is a steal.

How much better is this card than my 465GTX?

You might get a 33% boost in performance according to several benchmarks, summarized. They are from 2011.

perfrel_1920.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_560_Ti/27.html

Any real world gaming benchmarks? Current games crysis 3, tomb raider, far cry ect..If its 5fps not worth it unless i can sell this card for at least 50 and buy the 560 for 89...

Hey Stinger did you ever end up buying any of those from the Denver Microcenter? Would have liked to get one but now they are OOS =/.

Any real world gaming benchmarks? Current games crysis 3, tomb raider, far cry ect..If its 5fps not worth it unless i can sell this card for at least 50 and buy the 560 for 89...

Yes, here is Crysis 3. The 560 Twin Frozr II is a 560 Ti from Gigabyte so it is a little better than reference but it's the same GPU.

http://techreport.com/review/24539/amd-radeon-hd-7790-graphics-card-reviewed/6

It also wins Tomb Raider
http://techreport.com/review/24539/amd-radeon-hd-7790-graphics-card-reviewed/5

Hey Stinger did you ever end up buying any of those from the Denver Microcenter? Would have liked to get one but now they are OOS =/.

No sir I never went down to Denver. Might later next week though.

Stinger: it's an Evga 465 Gtx. I still have the original packaging and box. How can I tell if it had black circuit board, just by looking on the bottom to see if it's black and not green or? Appreciate the links, can this be night online anywhere?

Stinger: it's an Evga 465 Gtx. I still have the original packaging and box. How can I tell if it had black circuit board, just by looking on the bottom to see if it's black and not green or? Appreciate the links, can this be night online anywhere?

A lot of the 465's that have the black circuit board also includes 10 memory modules. If it does have the 10 memory modules it is a chocked down GTX470 and can be flashed to a full 1250mb GTX470 which will run much quicker and bring a much better price.

All of the PNY GTX465's with the black circuit boards were unlockable to a GTX465!

Thanks stinger I will check it out when I get a chance! Is there any cheap place to get the ti card online?

Unless you can find another location selling refurbs it's doubtful the price will be close to this one :p

if they where close, id pick one up to replace my good ol water cooled and volt modded 8800gt. Being this cheap, would be fun to water cool, volt mod and oc it without worring about destroying an expensive card lol.. THen I would want to replace this e6700 for a better socket 775 chip and oc that to boost up performance a lil bit.

Last edited:
I haven't opened mine yet, I'm open to offers. Much has changed with $160 or less GPUs in the past week.

I haven't opened mine yet, I'm open to offers. Much has changed with $160 or less GPUs in the past week.

:D might shoot ya a pm on that. I was going to run to Denver tomorrow but it appears that Denver MC is out of stock. :(

I have a single 5870 1GB now, and I'm trying to decide if springing for two of these to SLI would be a worthwhile upgrade. I run 3x1600x1200 eyefinity now, and I'd want to keep doing that. I think that would require SLI with the 560Ti? I'm mainly playing LOTRO and Starcraft 2 right now, plus occasional Skyrim and Steam backlog. I have a [email protected] right now, so I think my CPU could handle it.

I can swing $160, but not much more than that. I have another computer I could put the 5870 in. Guess I'm trying to decide if 2 x 560Ti is better than one 660. Thanks for any comments.

Back