Official GTX 680 Owner's Thread

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
We should have them showing up soon so it's time to benchmark! I'll do some canned 3 580 vs 3 680 stuff here.

Looking forward to this one. Seems like the owners are always able to get more performance out of cards than the first published reviews.

They will be mine, add me to the list. Hopefully will be able to get next shipping for delivery on Friday!

I snagged an EVGA 680 this morning (for MSRP, how about that) just for shits and giggles to compare to SLi 580s. Well, they say "was $510", currently 6 680's on the egg with 5 of them being $500.

Looks like it will be interesting.

Last edited:
Future 4gb 680 owner. I am going to have a hell of a time holding out and not buying the 2gb 680 on release. Honestly not sure I have the will power. :(

Buy now, sell resell later?

I'm thinking to stick with NVIDIA, but man eBay and Paypal conspire to slow my purchasing ability by holding on to the money. Might be able to purchase next week, I suppose. Meh.

Either way, I'm just happy to have the cash to upgrade to something newer, cooler, more powerful. Hopefully now I'll be able to play GTA4. Lol.

Because OP bought 2 of them and some others did too when they were available? Not sure why OP was banned though.

Just got an email from Newegg saying they'll be instock today. Though the "today" seems kinda ambiguous seeing what time it is. I think they mean tomorrow, the 22nd.

Future 680 owner here, maybe two depending on how well the single card handle's Nvidia Surround resolutions.

-SR

I'm buying one tomorrow, EVGA all the way.

I just hope I don't have any problems running GuildWars2, WoW Mists of Pandaria, Diablo 3 all max settings at 1920x1200 resolution. (I run two 24" U2410 monitors)

I was selling my evga gtx 560ti but noticing that I paid 300 retail for it and I still have 45 days left on my stepup and this one only retailing for 500. I am hoping that it becomes available for step up in next few weeks or next 45 days, lol.

Anyone know what time 'tomorrow' is? Is it 12:01am eastern? I'm in central timezone and don't want to have them 'sold out' before I can order one.....

If these aren't ridiculously overpriced (The 7970 really should be $399) I'm probably gonna switch over for my main. Still rocking Two 5850's in CFX, and hoping for a single card to replace them, was gonna do the 7970, but it's WAY overpriced.

Tried to check out the toms hardware thread but it was removed it looks like.

How much of a performance hit am I taking if I go from 2X SLI'ed 580's (1.5GB) to a single 680? I run 1080p (120hz at maxed settings).

Normally I would never go from 2 high end cards to just one of the next gen cards but the fact that it supports 3 monitors on one card... I'm hoping I would not have to disable my 3rd monitor all the time since I like to run in single display performance mode but use 3 monitors for desktop work so I end up disabling a monitor several times a day and that gets old fast.

Also hoping for bitstreaming of the higher end audio codecs via hdmi like DTS master whatever its called

How quickly did the 7970 6GB versions come out? I'd guess at a similar timeframe (fairly quickly).

Holding my nose and will probably regret it since it is not GK 110, but future owner checking in.

The first 3GB GTX 580 was released in June 2011, 7 months after the original 1.5GB GTX 580.

I know for sure a single GTX 680 is not going to beat my 2 480's, so i will pass this gen of cards.

Just purchased 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 1006MHZ 2GB 6.0GBPS GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Video Card from NC*X.com for 499$ each. They are available now. I am coming from 2x Asus Radeon 7970, whatever everyone saying AMD driver are a nightmare from my personal experience. Can't wait to go back to Nvidia.

Just got two Gigabyte 680s as well. The Asus sold out before I could even click I Agree and Confirm, LOL. Christ, you guys are FAST!

I literally read the Anandtech review and then jumped to Newegg to F5 and only did it once and it came up. Added to cart and boom, sold out. So pumped! :D Now to ship off the 580 to the winning bidder on eBay.

*blinks* What the hell? These are actually out?

Why was OP banned?

Back