Another Giveaway! i7 2600k & more!

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
DeFex and I have been pondering on something to do. Pimp hats just didn't work out, so we decided to just buy some hardware and give it away!

First I must say that this is made possible by DeFex and his generosity to the [H]orde. I am merely a facilitator, parts shopper, and shipper.

That said, what all are we going to give away? I'm glad you asked!

An i7 2600k, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3, and 2x2GB of RAM to give you enough memory to run -bigadv!
I should also add that these are all brand new parts!

Here are the rules:

-Ask questions in this thread
-Post ONCE in the registration thread with your badge. (How to get your badge)
-Registration will be closed at the end of MAY
-You must then fold for the month of JUNE and be active when we do the drawing at the end of that month.
-You must also average 4k PPD though out that time for team 33. (that is a midrage CPU folding SMP or a low end graphics card folding)
-Winner will be chosen by random by post number
-Rules are subject to modification by myself and DeFex

Notes:
Shipping: We will pay to ship to you in the USA. If you are from overseas, and you win, helping with shipping and or tax papers might/will be required.

Not sure how to fold? it is easier than ever! http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1550668

I'm glad too announce the Winner of this giveaway!

Rebel44

Let us all give our congrats!

Your boxen bits will be on it's way tomorrow!

Last edited:
I hope the person who wins will use it for the [H]orde, but there is no rule about that, you can just win it and then piss off like the last guy

/guilt trip

good luck everyone!

go to the other thread to register, this one is just for telling kendrak and I how awesome we are :)

I hope the person who wins will use it for the [H]orde, but there is no rule about that, you can just win it and then piss off like the last guy

/guilt trip

good luck everyone!

I didn't realize that the last hex core winner did that. A shame really as you can't win a westmere based hex core from any other team out there. Only HardOCP is hardcore enough to offer such a giveaway...........

Thanks for your contributions to this giveaway!

Well, it's your contest, so you could always make a rule. That's what I'd do. Drawing people to the team is one thing, but it's usually pretty easy to tell whether a person is planning on sticking with it or just coming in for the contest based on their history.

that f**king blows, its not the first time either, and I had predicted that would happen(its the pessimist in me)...

:mad:

If I won ..that's all this gear would do is fold for the [Horde] .. getting mowed over every other day and nothing I can do about it ...AAaaaaaaaAAArrrrgh!! ah well .. GO TEAM!

Just wondering: Does the winner get all parts or will there be 3 winners ?

go to the other thread to register, this one is just for telling kendrak and I how awesome we are :)

Good work and thanks for doing this for the team...oh, and you and Kendrak are crazy awesome for doing this.

It's impressive how much you guys provide for the cause. Not just the two main men starting this giveaway but Team 33 as a whole. I'm continually amazed.

Again with the awesomeness. How can anyone NOT fold for the [H]orde. Evga bucks bs program has nothing on this.

Dang... now all I have to do is remember how I did that badge thingy....

Simple tip, find someone else badge, and click on it. It will pull open a new window and in the search, put your name in, find yourself and on the bottom of the page is your badge! :)

Thanks for supporting the team, but here is hopping that I win. I am doing as much as I can to fold for the cure but a 2600 would help more!

Defex
Defex
He's the man
if he can't do it no one can!

You guys rock like you might have been born on the red planet... ;)
Bummer about the last contest, but he did give us points for the contes months, right?
On the other hand, I will give all the D for the [H], and even keep it away from the game / farting around rig, promise!
Oh- how hardcore are you going to be on the 4k? I'm @ 4 to 5 right now, but I should improve when I get my 6950 back (Folding@RMA) :(

You guys rock like you might have been born on the red planet... ;)
Bummer about the last contest, but he did give us points for the contes months, right?
On the other hand, I will give all the D for the [H], and even keep it away from the game / farting around rig, promise!
Oh- how hardcore are you going to be on the 4k? I'm @ 4 to 5 right now, but I should improve when I get my 6950 back (Folding@RMA) :(

I'm going to look at the month of June and see if the points made in the month come out to 4k ppd and that there are no (multi) week gaps in activity.

So not very. I just want to prevent someone from turning the uni client on a spare old system to win a 2600k and other goodies.

I'm going to look at the month of June and see if the points made in the month come out to 4k ppd and that there are no (multi) week gaps in activity.

So not very. I just want to prevent someone from turning the uni client on a spare old system to win a 2600k and other goodies.

I'm giving it all she's got (well almost)!

I think my peak PPD on my laptop is about... 2k if even that (running SMP + GPU clients and nothing else)

Here's my entry!!!

(jk)

seriously, many thank yous for putting this together fellas, especially defex.

Ah- thank you for the clarification- I'm OK on PPD, running a couple of Uni's and an SMP (all old and cheap)...

Well, it's your contest, so you could always make a rule. That's what I'd do. Drawing people to the team is one thing, but it's usually pretty easy to tell whether a person is planning on sticking with it or just coming in for the contest based on their history.

how would you test for that? once the person has the items its not like you can ask for it back. They can do what the hell they want to with it, but they were in to folding to get in in the first place they might get the bug.

how would you test for that? once the person has the items its not like you can ask for it back. They can do what the hell they want to with it, but they were in to folding to get in in the first place they might get the bug.
What I mean is if you see a guy who registered the day the contest was opened, has no posts other than the one to register for the contest, has never folded before, and only puts up the bare minimum of points required to qualify, it's a pretty safe bet that if he wins, he's going to cut and run.

yea but if you want' 34 pieces of flair, don't say the minimum 8.

seriously, there is nothing you can do to filter people like that out. They follow the rules, they are eligible. Just like for this one, I don't know if I will make eligibility this time. in early may I'll shut down my big rig, pack up and move. I won't get my rig back until late June, and may not make 4000 PPD for June. Sure I have several years of history, but If I don't make eligibility requirements, should I be allowed to win? You have to draw a line somewhere.

Question about the rules. So are we suppose to be folding continuously from NOW until the END of June? OR starting in the month of June? Thanks.

Question about the rules. So are we suppose to be folding continuously from NOW until the END of June? OR starting in the month of June? Thanks.

Just fold, don't split hairs. If you can't fold for more than a few weeks, don't enter.

yea but if you want' 34 pieces of flair, don't say the minimum 8.

seriously, there is nothing you can do to filter people like that out. They follow the rules, they are eligible.
You certainly can filter those people out. You can't always tell with 100% certainty, but like I said, it's often easy to tell who's really committed to folding and who's in it for a free ride. It's Kendrak's and DeFex's contest, and they make the rules. It's up to them if they want to try. I'm just saying what I would do. I don't think it's right to allow people to enter the contest when they're only in it to get a free machine while giving nothing in return once it's over. The point of the contest isn't to give away a free computer, it's to put a new folding rig in the hands of someone who wants to contribute more to the team. It defeats the purpose completely if the winner runs away with it.
Just like for this one, I don't know if I will make eligibility this time. in early may I'll shut down my big rig, pack up and move. I won't get my rig back until late June, and may not make 4000 PPD for June. Sure I have several years of history, but If I don't make eligibility requirements, should I be allowed to win? You have to draw a line somewhere.
Well, that's too bad, but if you can't meet the requirements, then that's that. If I was in your position, I wouldn't ask for any special treatment.

Back