ZZF gave me the wrong X2 4400+...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I ditched work a couple hours early today to catch the Fedex dude....ripped open the box and was horrified to see "ADA4400CDBOX" on the sticker...looked at the proc itself and sure enough they gave me an ADA when I specifically ordered an ADV. Well, even though I was disappointed I opened it up and popped it in anyway...during my careful Zalman STG-1 application and hsf installation I forgot to reset the cmos on my mobo (a no no :eek: ) but what do you know? Yes...it fired right up to 2.6 and is now running perfectly at about the same temps as my Opty 148. The ADA (110w) and ADV are the same price so unless someone can give me a compelling reason to return this for the 89w I think I'll just keep it. :cool:

Well I don’t have any reason why you should return it. But seeing how you have opened and over clocked the CPU, I really believe you should keep it.

TGA said:
Well I don’t have any reason why you should return it. But seeing how you have opened and over clocked the CPU, I really believe you should keep it.
agreed

Normally I would agree (somewhat) with you guys but they did send me the wrong model processor. I'm just trying to get feedback on wether or not this is a bad thing..

joemama said:
Normally I would agree (somewhat) with you guys but they did send me the wrong model processor. I'm just trying to get feedback on wether or not this is a bad thing..
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there a lil window that shows the cpu with info of it's week code n stuff, also you state
and was horrified to see "ADA4400CDBOX" on the sticker...looked at the proc itself and sure enough they gave me an ADA when I specifically ordered an ADV
you openly admitted to being knowledgeable of what was shown on the box etc and regardless you opened + tested it + overclocked it

rox1co said:
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't there a lil window that shows the cpu with info of it's week code n stuff, also you stateyou openly admitted to being knowledgeable of what was shown on the box etc and regardless you opened + tested it + overclocked it

Yea thats what I was referring to, you saw it was the wrong processor but used it anyway. It would be quite lame to send it back now, if you didnt want it you shouldnt have even opened it and sent it back as you bought the other model. Between the 110 and 89w your not gonna see much of any difference OC wise so I wouldnt be bothered by it.

TGA said:
I feel the same opinion. I don't have any information on the differences but I find it odd that you noticed the item was wrong but continued to open, use it, "AND" will return it if you find a difference. Personally If I debated keeping it due to the mistake I would have done the research before opening the box instead of after.

lgestle said:
I feel the same opinion. I don't have any information on the differences but I find it odd that you noticed the item was wrong but continued to open, use it, "AND" will return it if you find a difference. Personally If I debated keeping it due to the mistake I would have done the research before opening the box instead of after.
I didn't order this to find the "right stepping" and test it for a monster oc....and then send it back for another if it doesn't meet my expectations. Plenty of people do that and I also think it's wrong. However it's also wrong to send someone the wrong item no matter how close they may be to being the same....if theres no difference why have 2 separate listings?

Btw guys the "OCP" in [H]ard|ocp stands for "overclockers page" maybe some of you should find a different forum? ;)

Wow. I didn't know being an overclocker and being honest were mutually exclusive. I also find it odd that the majority of the replies feel the opposite as you and you are telling us to find another forum?
You are correct that Zipzoomfly made a mistake. You would be in the right if you returned it at that time. The ISSUE was you opened it and used it "KNOWING" it was not what you ordered.
I'm not to sure if you sell stuff online but would you have an issue if you sold a brand new item to me and I:
1) Noticed it was incorrect when I received it.
2) I opened it anyway (breaking the seal and cannot be sold as new)
3) Overclocked it
4) Found out I could possibly get a larger overclock out of the other product and then returned it.
Just curious...
Edit:
I also own an opteron [email protected]. If I ended up getting something differerent, I would have returned it and not used it. That's the big difference.

joemama said:
Btw guys the "OCP" in [H]ard|ocp stands for "overclockers page" maybe some of you should find a different forum? ;)
go ahead n return it mr "hardness supreme", tell them that you didn't realize that it was the wrong cpu bc ur an idiot and have no character

rox1co said:
go ahead n return it mr "hardness supreme", tell them that you didn't realize that it was the wrong cpu bc ur an idiot and have no character

lol, I just dont understand the idea of knowing its the wrong processor but using it anyway then thinking its ok to return it. It just seems like immature thinking to me along with the whole boast about us being in the wrong forum, I think its the other way around (no offense of course to OP).

who cares about morals, amd makes enough $$$
personally, if it was the wrong week or whatever i would of never opened it
i would return a processor even if i oc'd it, but if it clocks good why bother?

ps to all those bashing him dont bother bashing me, i really dont give a shit

just pitchin in my .02$

lgestle said:
Wow. I didn't know being an overclocker and being honest were mutually exclusive. I also find it odd that the majority of the replies feel the opposite as you and you are telling us to find another forum?
You are correct that Zipzoomfly made a mistake. You would be in the right if you returned it at that time. The ISSUE was you opened it and used it "KNOWING" it was not what you ordered.
I'm not to sure if you sell stuff online but would you have an issue if you sold a brand new item to me and I:
1) Noticed it was incorrect when I received it.
2) I opened it anyway (breaking the seal and cannot be sold as new)
3) Overclocked it
4) Found out I could possibly get a larger overclock out of the other product and then returned it.
Just curious...
Edit:
I also own an opteron [email protected]. If I ended up getting something differerent, I would have returned it and not used it. That's the big difference.
You're right...I don't have an online store, I assume you do? If I did have one and sent the customer a wrong item then it's my mistake and if they open it and use it before returning it then I really couldn't say anything about it. Did you miss the part where I said I believe its wrong to shop for steppings and do endless return loops until you get what you want? I've never done that or had any notion to...I also wouldn't even be thinking about a return if they had sent me what I ordered. I didn't know what the difference between the ADA and ADV were before I ordered...several people in this forum were asking but nobody knew for sure. What I did know for sure is that the ADV is 89w vs 110w for the ADA and also has a higher max temp. I have decided to keep it and by doing so I have let ZZF off the hook for sending the wrong item when the item I did order is potentially more desireable. Can you process that or do I need to explain it again?

d94 said:
who cares about morals, amd makes enough $$$
personally, if it was the wrong week or whatever i would of never opened it
i would return a processor even if i oc'd it, but if it clocks good why bother?

ps to all those bashing him dont bother bashing me, i really dont give a shit

just pitchin in my .02$

and while you are at it lets rob a bank, steal a car and kill puppies and kittens, but wait I care about morals

rox1co said:
It really makes me smile inside when someone born during my freshman year of college calls me an "idiot" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back