Zynga Sacks 364 Employees

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Zynga took a bold restructuring step this week to get the social gaming company back on track and refocusing toward fewer gaming categories. As a result of this goal, Zynga has drastically cut its staff, saving an estimated one Million dollars annually.

Founder Mark Pincus laid out his plans for restructuring the social gaming company. First order of business: layoffs.

Time to jump ship remaining Zynga employees, the writing is on the wall.

$1 million annually for letting 364 employees go seems hilariously low. Even when you consider the costs of letting employees go, and conversely the costs of keeping them onboard, it seems like I'd rather keep them on. There could have been more substantial savings by cutting coffee, donuts, travel/expenses, turning the climate controls down, or having people work remotely if they haven't already. Maybe they mean $1 million bi-weekly.

How many Poker Dealers do they need?

Seriously though, screw a company that posts record profits and then thanks everyone that got them those profits with a pink slip.

This kind of shit is why the american dream is dead.,

$1 million annually for letting 364 employees go seems hilariously low. Even when you consider the costs of letting employees go, and conversely the costs of keeping them onboard, it seems like I'd rather keep them on. There could have been more substantial savings by cutting coffee, donuts, travel/expenses, turning the climate controls down, or having people work remotely if they haven't already. Maybe they mean $1 million bi-weekly.

Yeah, 1 million annually divided between 364 employees is 2,747.25 per employee.

I certainly wouldn't be working there for $10.56 a day assuming a 5 day work week.

Welcome to the games industry, where they pay you in donuts and in return you can tell you friends you work in the game industry. Seriously WTF kind of packages are these employees getting that sacking 364 of them only equates to $1 million? Or maybe this takes into account that Zynga won't be maintaining or making new software without these employees which means they will be losing $46 million in new revenue, but it would have been $47 million.

[H] screwed up. The article states that they will save $100 million, not $1 million. This means those employees are each paid an average of $274,725 annually. O_O

[H] screwed up. The article states that they will save $100 million, not $1 million. This means those employees are each paid an average of $274,725 annually. O_O

They will factor in benefits, software licensing etc... Actual wages would be lower.

Also have to subtract from that $274,725 per person the amount each individual contributes to the companies success.

Also have to subtract from that $274,725 per person the amount each individual contributes to the companies success.

Possibly but most companies just expect the remaining employees to pick up the slack.

No, they are most likely from projects that weren't making any money. Perhaps theyre trying to slim down and streamline their focus to a few good products.

I played a bit of these types of games with my daughter.
I never put money in them, here is why: its too expensive.
I don't understand why is so expensive.
Say I put 10 bucks for coins/gems/whatever.. I can do the math in my head, its not going to last me anytime.. maybe an hour of playtime? maybe a bunch some moves, and a new 'pet' or whatever?
I makes no sense, if I put 10-20$ in it I expect it to last a very long time of play, I mean a month or more and lots of things, I mean tons.
I had 15$ credit in Google play buy me piles of decent software, how is it that 15$ in a game goes such a short way (its not that hard to tell)

No, they are most likely from projects that weren't making any money. Perhaps theyre trying to slim down and streamline their focus to a few good products.

Yeah, they should be making a lot of money as a company.. I don't think they know their users.

Back