Zynga layoffs

eloj

2[H]4U
Zynga timed the layoff of 100 people with the Apple live announcements to bury it in the newsfeeds. Stay classy Zynga.

"Zynga just laid off 100+ employees (incl. my friends) in its Austin office during the Apple Event. Gave them 2 hours to vacate. RT please." -- https://twitter.com/303/status/260801024732827649

"Gamasutra has received first-hand confirmation that Zynga has laid off 100+ people from its Austin development studio, many of whom had been employed for over two years."

Well I was just reading an article that their games were actually valued at a negative value. Book value of assets(physical and cash, not IP/games) came out to like $2.41 a share and current price of stock at around $2.35. When the article was written. May have been a week or two ago.

Hmm. Looks like Iwata was right.
Theres no way Zygna was going to sustain themselves for any period of time. This is all management fault, and nothing else.

I'm never happy about layoffs but Zynga needs to go away permanently.

Sucks that people lost their jobs.

But Zynga makes some of the crappiest games I have ever seen.

Most are blatant rip offs of more popular games.

So no shocker here.

FarmvilleFishBowlManagerVille2: The Monetization Continues! wasn't a smashing success?!?!?! :confused:

I need Zynga to continue to exist so when I make a popular Facebook game they can overpay for it. Damn you people and your hatred of a cash cow!

Why the hell did they ever decide to go public?

Because there's a sucker born every minute. Plenty of folks out there have more money than brains and bought at the peak at the IPO.

The problem with Zynga is their games have a very low retention rate. I personally have played some of their games for a few levels like Farmville, cityville (yeah don't hate me) and Farmville 2. The only reason why I play them is because I love city building games. Once the new Sim City comes out i'm done with Zynga games.

Note: I have never paid for virtual goods on any Zynga game which makes me even a worse customer for them.

Back