Zune software v2.5 released- smart playlists return, gapless playback, and more...

Gizmodo's overview

A few highlights:
Xbox Live-ish icons on your Zune Card that are like achievements, awarding people who listen to an artist the most or passing a total number of song plays.
• Dynamic friends' list that shows what everyone's listening to. Find out about the band Tokyo Police Club from your buddies.
• Windows Live Messenger "now playing" integration
• Album reviews! Tell everyone what you think about so-and-so's latest album, because the world needs to know.

Auto Playlists (smart playlists) are back! They're not as powerful as they were before—or as iTunes is—but they're automatically updating playlists that you can have based on your criteria.
• Gapless playback. Finally.
• Easy drag-and-drop song metadata editing.

Available for download from the Zune site or Windows Update...

Yesterday I bought a H320 off of eBay. Nice timing. :D (Not sure if I'm going to keep my 80GB Zune yet or not.)

They also made a bunch of other improvements to the software, bringing back a number of the features from the v.1 software (converting files when syncing for example, so you can have a library of lossless files transferred as compressed files on your Zune), and the WMP11 way to update album information. It's really what Zune 2's software should've been - taking the parts that worked in the v.1 software, and making it prettier/seamless/not just a skinned WMP11. Still not perfect, but much improved. :D

Thanks for the info. I'll have to update this later. <3 my 30gig Zune
Zune FTW. Ipod FTL

Back