Zune organization

• Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

Hi, I was just wondering if there were an easy way to organize my music in the Zune software a certain way. For the most part it does it VERY well, however, it annoys the hell out of me that when I'm browsing artists on the device I see "Apocalypitca Feat. X" then right below that Apocalyptica Feat. Y" and so on.

I'm sure there is a way to make it all under Apocalyptica but I can't figure it out.

If I understand what you're saying you're trying to create subfolders to group albums together correct? I don't think that will work.

Make sure the ALBUMARTIST field is specified for that album. I recommend Mp3tag to do this, but you can probably do it in Zune. (been a while since I've last used it)

Make sure the ALBUMARTIST field is specified for that album. I recommend Mp3tag to do this, but you can probably do it in Zune. (been a while since I've last used it)

QFT. The Zune software bases everything it does on the ID3 tags so if you want things organized a certain way, change the tags not the directory hierarchy.

I use the Zune software a lot, and have never had the problem the OP is having, but like everybody has said, it's all about the ID3 tags. Compare the tags with songs you're having problems with and you'll more than likely see differences with the artist name, etc. When in the Zune Software you can right click a track and there's an "Edit" option to change track info. If you can select multiple tracks you can edit all of them at once.

Back