Zuckerberg Must Be Driving His Bankers Crazy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Zuckerberg thumbing his nose at the Wall Street process? Good for him I say! I think all of us would do the same thing if we were in his position.

Yet Mark Zuckerberg, 27, and standing atop the Internet world, has been quietly thumbing his multibillion dollar nose at the Wall Street process every step of the way -- and there's not a thing America's investment titans can do about it.

Begging everyone's pardon but Wall Street can go fuck themselves.

Begging everyone's pardon but Wall Street can go fuck themselves.

Agreed. I would probably do the same in his shoes, had I the business savvy. But I wouldn't be as much of a racist as he is. ;)

I dont particularly like Zuckerberg but think even less of Wall Street, so....yay?

So you don't have a retirement or pension plan then?

They can still go F themselves, but you know, please don't hurt my 401k. Not that they care about my measly 15 years of 401 contributions when there yearly bonuses are 10time what I have saved. Yeah they can still go have a private Fist party.

I would love to read the facebook's financial's, would like to know if they really worth the 100billion market cap that the analyst project.

I'm a little pissed about the JOBS act requiring a company with 500 or more private stockholders having to disclose and become public. Government again, intruding and interfering in the private sector again.

I would love to read the facebook's financial's, would like to know if they really worth the 100billion market cap that the analyst project.

I don't see how it isn't. It is easily the biggest potential marketing machine ever created. Deep information about what? 500 million people now? I would say it is worth even more. But I am no business grad or economist.

I don't see how it isn't. It is easily the biggest potential marketing machine ever created. Deep information about what? 500 million people now? I would say it is worth even more. But I am no business grad or economist.

on the other hand, I as a business guy would question the metric used to calculate profit per user account, given that a good number are alias, dormant, making far less than those of the developed world...

Then again, the Facebook ipo is ultimately meant for something more than a mere invitation to print money. Zuckerberg is at the heart of the social media bubble, so his IPO stands to set a precedence fire the entire financial sector, who now face there prospect of weaker lending ability due to Basil III's requirement for higher capital to debt ratio...

a thought is that if one can use social media's growth potential to show ROI, then investors can leverage and hedge social media establishments.

I'm a little pissed about the JOBS act requiring a company with 500 or more private stockholders having to disclose and become public. Government again, intruding and interfering in the private sector again.

Yea, because private companies should have the right to defraud investors unimpeded by government tyranny. It's the free market at work.

I just want to get in on the FB IPO day one and cash out with double at the end of the week (or two). Other than that Zuck and Wall street can ride a rocket to.....

I just want to get in on the FB IPO day one and cash out with double at the end of the week (or two). Other than that Zuck and Wall street can ride a rocket to.....

Forget about it. Wall Street has this lined up to line their own pockets with gold. Usually how IPOs work...the big companies get first shot at all the stock and then sell it for a profit after the share price has gone up substantially. The 1% is just making themselves richer by locking the 99% out of the ability to buy the stock at the initial price.

What? News to me. So if a company like Valve gets 500 investors, they would have to become public? That bodes bad for gaming, whether your a valve fanboy or not.

They can still go F themselves, but you know, please don't hurt my 401k. Not that they care about my measly 15 years of 401 contributions when there yearly bonuses are 10time what I have saved. Yeah they can still go have a private Fist party.

This is the largest misconception out there. Do you know how many people make those huge bonuses compared to all those that get paid barely enough to be middle class in the NY metro area? It's probably 5 out of 100 employees, or even closer to 2 out of 100. People throw around average income at places like Goldman Sachs all the time, but that's skewed because of the few people who make a disproportionate large amount. Median income would be a better measure.

Full disclosure, I worked for a large investment bank and one of the world's largest hedge funds for 5 years before leaving for what I was passionate about (medicine). I never made one of these massive bonuses everyone likes to talk about nor did anyone in my department, save for the ONE director that ran shit.

Zuckye is only 27, i can't hold it against him that he's a douche; if it were me at 27 with that kind of money, i'd be the world's biggest .

he's still got time to turn around and become a great person, if only because he's young enough to be an idealist.

What? News to me. So if a company like Valve gets 500 investors, they would have to become public? That bodes bad for gaming, whether your a valve fanboy or not.

Don't be mislead. The 500 investor rule has been in place since 1964. What it means is that once a company has been invested in by more than 500 separate entities (individuals, employees, VC firms, etc) and has more than $10 million in assets it must disclose financials to the SEC. The JOBS act changes this by raising the number of investors to 2,000 and excluding employees from that definition.

That's a bad thing. The rule was too lenient to begin with. Fiscal accountability is a good thing but apparently American business leaders believe their companies can't create jobs (as if that were even the goal) in a regulatory environment where honesty and transparency are required. Somewhere in Manhattan there's a 1%'er wearing a monocle and top hat, twirling his mustache in glee over the JOBS act. Yet, an obvious handout to the corporate lobby like this is still being attacked as "liberal big government tyranny" by the right. It's absolutely bizarre. Down is the new up.

Zuckye is only 27, i can't hold it against him that he's a douche; if it were me at 27 with that kind of money, i'd be the world's biggest .

he's still got time to turn around and become a great person, if only because he's young enough to be an idealist.

Idealism has its limits, too.

The irrational hatred for Wall Street is hilarious. You people are lemmings. There are millions of people who make their living in the financial sector. The term "Wall Street" does not just encompass the bonus grabbing thieves that you hate. Instead its millions of good Americans who go to work everyday and make an honest buck helping other people grow their assets.

The irrational hatred for Wall Street is hilarious. You people are lemmings. There are millions of people who make their living in the financial sector. The term "Wall Street" does not just encompass the bonus grabbing thieves that you hate. Instead its millions of good Americans who go to work everyday and make an honest buck helping other people grow their assets.

We're well aware of that. We're specifically referring to fraudulent bankers and lenders, greedy CEOs, and bonus grabbing thieves.

It's not irrational. Helping workers invest to secure their future is one thing. This is not what the financial services industry ultimately does though. It has become a vehicle for concentrating wealth into an ever shrinking circle of privilege. Every honest Joe walking into the office of his investment bank each morning is by association enabling a system that limits the potential quality of life for nearly everyone contributing to it.

Back