Zuckerberg Has The Most Followers On Google+

HardOCP News

[H] News
Come on, you have to admit this is comical. The article says 21,000 followers but that number has grown to almost 35k as of this morning.

As of July 4 -- six days after Google+ launched -- the Facebook founder has more than 21,000 followers -- which is almost one and a half times as many as Google CEO Larry Page.

Maybe they want to video chat with him in G+ because it works and doesnt use skype :)

I dont follow him, but i didnt use facebook either.

Isn't that the kid from Juno? Seriously, though, I really don't give two shits about Zuckerberg. I'm awaiting the news that G+ has surpassed Facebook. I use Facebook for communication between myself and several companies and friends. Other than that, nothing. Any alternative would be much better!

Why does Zuckerberg even have a G+ account? No faith in his own company?

Crush him! I personally find Sergey Brin and Larry Page to be FAR more innovative than Zuckerberg. There should be no reason to even bother following him. The only reason you would follow him on facebook was to know when he planned to make another attempt to sell off your personal information for more cash through privacy policy changes.

Nothing wrong with keeping tab on the competition.

True, but you would think he could find a way to keep tabs on them without validating them as a competitor by becoming a user on their system. Of course maybe he's trying to play nice after the big sleazeball media thing Facebook pulled against Google.

Zuck is just doing some reconnaissance for Facebook and the Chinese to see how it compares to FB's Skype implementation

mark-zuckerberg-joins-google.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Isn't that the kid from Juno? Seriously, though, I really don't give two shits about Zuckerberg. I'm awaiting the news that G+ has surpassed Facebook. I use Facebook for communication between myself and several companies and friends. Other than that, nothing. Any alternative would be much better!

No, your thinking of the kid from Zombieland...I didn't even watch the facebook movie.

Maybe Zuckerberg wants to see how strong Google+ security is, before his account gets hacked like on his own product?

Crush him! I personally find Sergey Brin and Larry Page to be FAR more innovative than Zuckerberg. There should be no reason to even bother following him. The only reason you would follow him on facebook was to know when he planned to make another attempt to sell off your personal information for more cash through privacy policy changes.

Seriously? I suggest you do some reading about Larry Page and his comments regarding Google's stances on personal privacy. He's easily just as bad as Fuckerburg.

Seriously? I suggest you do some reading about Larry Page and his comments regarding Google's stances on personal privacy. He's easily just as bad as Fuckerburg.

Sorry, I was thinking about Schmidt (who is still the Executive Chairman). Either way, Google has a similar very stance on privacy as Facebook.

I find it strange that Mark Zuckerburg is on Google+.

But anyways, Facebook does need some competition, and I wonder if Google+ will crush Facebook like Facebook crushed MySpace, but seriously, I find this social networking is overrated and bullshit, don't even use Facebook anymore.

Sorry, I was thinking about Schmidt (who is still the Executive Chairman). Either way, Google has a similar very stance on privacy as Facebook.

Yeah, uh, no, they don't. Facebook defaults to making everything public and resets your privacy settings all the time. Google defaults to making everything private and afaik has never reset privacy settings. Google has had their share of privacy mistakes (such as buzz), but they actually treat it like a problem and fix it. Facebook calls it a features. Those are *VERY* different stances on privacy.

Yeah, uh, no, they don't. Facebook defaults to making everything public and resets your privacy settings all the time. Google defaults to making everything private and afaik has never reset privacy settings. Google has had their share of privacy mistakes (such as buzz), but they actually treat it like a problem and fix it. Facebook calls it a features. Those are *VERY* different stances on privacy.

Sure thing, except when it comes to people's WiFi. Snooping that data they have no qualms about while driving around ;D

Whos to say its even really Zuckerberg who created the account?

When google+ opened there were prolly 100's if not 1000's of people trying to make an account with that name.

When you edit your profile in Google+, each individual item has a very straightforward privacy setting. It is right there for you to change. However, you must share your name and gender with the world...there is no changing that.

I'm already happier with Google's privacy implementation in the beta than I ever was with Facebook.

Sure thing, except when it comes to people's WiFi. Snooping that data they have no qualms about while driving around ;D

If you're not joking, that's been explained a bajillion times and has perfectly reasonable explanations. Moreover, they weren't even caught doing it - they came out and said they made a mistake before anyone noticed. The only reason the data still exists is because every government in the world started salivating and immediately decided that deleting the data was "destroying evidence".

If you are joking, lol :rolleyes:

Even though it may or may not be Zuckerberg. I assume that he wants a large number of followers friends because. Well let's face it, that guy just wants to be cool.

I suspect his MySpace account will be discovered during the week, and I suspect that he'll have more followers then Tom...

Back