Zuck: We’re going to get a ‘breakthrough’ in tech glasses this decade

as a glasses wearer, sounds good to me. I definitely agree with him, just a matter of time.

If you have not watched it. You should. ;)

1988They_Live_poster300.jpg

Eventually I will be diagnosed by society as 'anti-social' due to a lack of social media presence. Soon after I'll be locked up as an unpredictable element in the social tapestry. Gotta move into the woods ASAP.
Eventually? FFS, my inlaws and my distant family have outed me years ago for not having a social media account that I list all my info on.

I live in the woods. Highly recommend it. :D

Ignore all the positive BS hype he's spewing. You'll be totally Zucked because they'll have it's own build in 5G (6g? 7g??) data link so that it can use A R to inject ads into your view 24/7 with no way for you to block them.

Just like in Vernor Vinge's Rainbows End.

He's really going out on a limb with this precise and insightful prediction. I guess this is why he's known as the world's foremost technological visionary.

My predictions for the upcoming decade:
  • Computers will get faster
  • Display technologies will improve
  • Internet connections will get faster and more reliable
  • 100% of days on Earth will have a sunrise in the morning

I get a kick out of following the [H] forums. Quick to snap up the latest tech and know everything there is to know about it, while bad mouthing it at the same time. I enjoy the banter, continue please.

He's really going out on a limb with this precise and insightful prediction. I guess this is why he's known as the world's foremost technological visionary.

My predictions for the upcoming decade:
  • Computers will get faster
  • Display technologies will improve
  • Internet connections will get faster and more reliable
  • 100% of days on Earth will have a sunrise in the morning

The (ant)arctic would like to have a word with you about your last bullet point.

What people are waiting for really is to be able to conceal them from the police. After a few serious distracted driving mishaps, that will be that. But if the driver can play dumb, the cop may not notice.

There's already a contact lens going through human trials that is able to recharge itself right on your eyeball

I don't want Zuck making any kind of breakthroughs. Can't he just go back under his bridge?

He's mostly just helping to fund it though... oh and ensure its connected to fb/ads... but hey isn't it healthy competition? Maybe it'll take another company a little extra time to come up with a good alternative we all feel more comfortable with?

As for predictions, anyone can read kurzweil and declare those as if it was all your idea
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil

Back