ZTE Iceberg is the first smartphone with two notches

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
GSM Arena

11.png

The Verge

2.png

I like the dual stereo speakers in the notches. That's a neat touch I think!
After getting a v10 I can understand why notches are a thing.

I looked at the phone. I think it's fine. Whatever. It's a phone people, buy it or don't. Either way it's not going to change anyone's life.
I get that people get emotional over their responses over things (especially, apparently, their possessions and brand loyalty), but this is getting ridiculous.

I thought notches and filed-off corners on screens were bad enough, but then they had to go and put glass protrusions on all four corners - the areas of the phone likely to get smashed in during a drop!

Apparently, they made the frame of the phone itself glass instead of metal, because today's glass sandwiches still weren't glassy enough.

This is everything wrong with modern smartphone design in one device and then some, a perfect example of what NOT to do. I hope this just ends up staying a concept instead of becoming the latest in a long line of silly fashion trends that keep plaguing today's smartphones.

I can see how people don't like the iPhone X's notch as you can't work around it (although it never has bothered me personally).

But I don't get why people are complaining about it with Android phones when almost all of the phones with these notches have options where you can choose to essential "hide" the notch.

Back