zowie AM

SoFGR

[H]ard|Gawd
am_side.png

Features:
* Ambidextrous mouse developed by legendary CS-player Abdisamad ‘SpawN’ Mohamed
* Two thumb buttons on both sides to comfortably serve left- or right-handed users
* Easy to switch between left- and right-hand functionality, no drivers needed
* Optical encoder mouse wheel system for increased durability
* 450 / 1150 / 2300 DPI adjustment
* Adjustable USB report rate 125 / 500 / 1000 Hz
* ZOWIE custom-designed lens for a very low lift-off distance = 1.5 ~ 1.8mm
* Operating system: Win2000/XP/VISTA/7, Mac OS X v10.2 after

Specifications:
* DPI (Dots Per Inch): 450/1150/2300
* Connector: USB
* Buttons: 5
* Length of cable: 2m / 6.6 ft

Measurements:
Length: 125 mm / 4.92 in
Width: 60 mm / 2.36 in
Height: 39mm / 1.53 in
Weight: 88g (without cable)

Availability
The ZOWIE AM will be available for purchase in December:

Asia: Beginning of December
Europe: Beginning of December
North America: Middle of December

ZOWIE GEAR - Introducing ZOWIE AM - new ambidextrous mouse

WANT WANT WANT !!! :D :D

first review is up on fragbite.se , not very informative but still better than no review at all i suppose ....

For just over a year ago released HeatoN and Zowie GEAR a mouse-series called EC. The mice, EC1 and EC2, became extremely popular and now has Zowie released yet another mouse was developed in cooperation with the former NiP and SK player Abdisamad "SpawN" Mohamed. The mouse is known as Zowie AM and has not been released yet, but Fragbite have had the honor to test the new product. Scroll down and see what you can expect from Zowie AM!

Design and Ergonomics

Many of you have probably tried Steelseries Xai, Kinzu or Sensei. This mouse has a shape that is very similar to the mice. As an avid user of the Intellimouse 3.0, I was initially skeptical that this 1.1-like shape would be to my taste, but I was wrong. After having spent a few days to get used to the shape I must say that it is very comfortable. The mouse has a comfortable size and its shape is a perfect example of the phrase "less is more". No wacky curves where your fingers are meant to be, but it is very simple shaped so simply himself may choose how to keep your mouse, unlike many other mice that were released today.

Shapes and curves in all the glory, but an extremely important factor in a mouse's material. This mouse's surface is the same material as the EC-Series black mice, but this time the mouse is coated and not just the top. This means that the mouse sits glued to the hand, and the slightly rubber-like feeling help keep sweat away.

To end this small chapter with mouse look. At first, when I held the mouse in the air and inspected it, I thought it was extremely ugly compared with EC-series. However, I realized that there was really only the extremely red underside that bothered me in terms of color, and it's not visible when the mouse is on the table. Stylish!

Technology and functionality

The first thing I tested beyond the grip of course, was how the buttons and scroll felt. The scroll feels like in the old EC mice, very stable and durable. The buttons known as Mouse1 and Mouse2, ie buttons forefinger and middle finger is on, is large and comfortable to push force. Something interesting is that the buttons known as Mouse4 and Mouse5, that is, side buttons, found on both sides of the mouse. This is for Zowie AM's shape also allows for left-handers to use it. Identical on both sides, something that would be appreciated by players who Tixo, Hibbs and def!

Features:
Ambidextrous mouse developed by legendary CS-player Abdisamad 'SpawN' Mohamed
Two thumb buttons on Both Sides to Comfortably serve left-or right-handed users
Easy to switch between left-and right-hand functionality, No Drivers Needed
Optical encoder mouseWheel System for Increased Durability
450 / 1150 / 2300 DPI adjustment
Adjustable USB report rate 125 / 500 / 1000 Hz
Zowie custom-designed lens for a very low lift-off distance = 1.5 ~ 1.8mm
Operating System: Win2000/XP/VISTA/7, Mac OS X v10.2 juices

Specifications:
DPI (Dots Per Inch): 450/1150/2300
Connector: USB
Buttons: 5
Length of cable: 2 m / 6.6 ft.

Measurements:
Length: 125 mm / 4.92 in
Width: 60 mm / 2:36 into
Height: 39mm / 1:53 into
Weight: 88g (without cable)

Zowie AM, just as the EC-series, three different DPI modes. 450, 1150 and the 2300th Personally, I chose to play with the lowest setting when it just suits me best. This is a convenient way to change the DPI, and can certainly be useful in games like Battlefield 3 where some vehicles, such as a tank, often have much lower sensitivity than when you just interest around and Aimar. This advice on usability, I was actually by himself HeatoN when EC-series came out, so I will not take me the honor.

Zowie AM do not need, nor has, any software. This is so very convenient for the more lazy kind of person, like myself, who simply do not want to fuss with settings to get the mouse well. However, I can imagine it is incredibly negative if one feels that something with the mouse does not fall into one flavor. It always feels good to have software to fall into, although it may not be needed.

Pros:

Performance and accuracy
Simple, comfortable shape and grip
Stylish design
Works equally well for left-handers as right-handed
The buttons are nice and feels durable

Positive and negative:

No software needed, no software exists

Negative:

Cost some

Back