Zotac Z77 ITX Wifi

well from what i recall the z68 zotac was pretty shitty. i would consider it the last option compared to asus or asrock

Zotac motherboards have always been a horror show.

Posted from a Zotac G43ITX, worst board I have ever bough.

Zotac boards tend to be pretty feature packed and I like that they tend to have more SATA ports than other mITX boards.

However, Zotac support is shit. If it's anything like their previous boards, the shipping BIOS will be half broken and Zotac typically releases 1 or 2 (if you're lucky) updates that don't fix all the problems. Once they release a new board, they drop support for previous boards almost immediately.

To top it off, they tend to be the most expensive option.

Seriously, just stay away from Zotac products. They are the worst.

I had a Zotac and the BIOS update to fix some problems actually bricked the board. It was a common thing on this forum with that board. Never again.

Intel ITX boards seem to be the most power efficient... not sure who cares about that but me though :)

If you are wanting to OC, no reason not to look at the Asus or the Asrock board now. They have plenty of cooling features, and are probably less than the Zotac will be.

Zotac is hit-or-miss. I had a G45ITX, which (in spite of what support claims) never had working chipset-level RAID. Then again, my Z68ITX has been rock solid. I was torn between the Z77ITX and Asus' P8Z77-I, and ultimately went with the Asus just because of the Intel gigabit (not sure if both on the Zotac are Realtek, or 1+1) and the extra USB3 headers.

Back