Zotac Z68-ITX Wifi

I got mine setup today. Problems

It drops the multi down so the cpu never is running at stock speeds. It sits in windows at 1.6 i think

Also what settings to get 4.5Ghz should i change?

I have 2 OCZ Agility 3's on SATA 6 and when i ran SSD Benchmark (AS mark i think) it showed 350mb for the read and 150mb write!

First , it drops to 1,6 because Intel speed step is activated its normal.
Second, if you disable intel speedstep, it also disables turbo mode, wich sadly is the only way to overclock with the current bios.

biosperformance.png

http://imageshack.us/f/840/biosperformance.png/
If you look at this picture you will see:
Increase the Core Ratio limit to 45,
if you get problems, you need to adjust up the voltages, and the watts for turbo until you reach stability.

Edit: Also the values i put in, is what i have tested, YOU have to test what you feel is safe, and keep a look at your cpu and MB temps, good luck:)

It's actually the opposite.

Sandy Bridge will apply the max turbo multiplier (I think it's still +4 over the normal multiplier) even if all cores active while there is enough thermal budget available. Once it reaches it's thermal limit it will stop using the higher multiplier. So if less cores are loaded turbo will be more agressive

Generally speaking, turbo applies +1 on 4 cores active, +2 on 3 cores active, +3 on 2 active cores and +4 on 1 active core. Even on non K parts you can tweak the turbo multiplier on some motherboards to allow +4 (base multiplier) and a fixed + 4 turbo multiplier on any load if there is enough thermal headroom.

I'd say the "problem" the OP is having is not really a problem but a misunderstanding on how turbo works.

Hello, this is interesting reading, this is new for me i just assumed overclocking this board would be similar to my other rig (Asus MaxIV and 2600k). This have no problem maintaining my set multiplier under maximum load.
However the maximusIV does have a h** of lot more options availeble in Bios.

But if what you mentioned above is the real case, that certainly would explain the "problems" we have discussed earlier:)

if it's not the heat on motherboard components such as vrms maybe is some kind of useless power protection: when a certain amount of watt is exceeded multiplier goes down... just a theory based on what i heard from some owner of other z68 boards :D
however the gpu thing is soo strange and makes no sense... unfortunately i can't do any test since i'm waiting my board from a rma (i rmad it because of an high pitch noise due to a defective capacitator/vrm)... should we write to zotac? maybe a topic in their forums

Hello, take a look at what FR500 wrote a bit down, new to me but makes sence i think.
I also will RMA my board tomorrow due to the dead DDR slot, i cant live with only one ram slot.
Hopefully by the time we get new boards, there is a new bios availeble :rolleyes:

Think i might of gotten 5GHZ! Need to do some test's.

I can't seam to find a prime that will run more than one. Anyone able to hit me up on what to use to stress my system fully please

Think i might of gotten 5GHZ! Need to do some test's.

I can't seam to find a prime that will run more than one. Anyone able to hit me up on what to use to stress my system fully please

prime 95 run 4 threads alas stressing all 4 cores
occt also stress 100% cpu on all 4 cores
Intel burn test, also stress 100% cpu on all 4 cores

1stgo.jpg

This was set with Multi @ 45X in BIOS!

Im really not happy with this product. The BIOS is so spars, bland for what the lable on there says!

Zotac need to change
How we OC it
Non of the speed step rubbish full power all the time

Ive called it a night as im that fed up already! Post a link to the DL and i'll do it in the morning and see what happens.

Hello, this is interesting reading, this is new for me i just assumed overclocking this board would be similar to my other rig (Asus MaxIV and 2600k). This have no problem maintaining my set multiplier under maximum load.
However the maximusIV does have a h** of lot more options availeble in Bios.

But if what you mentioned above is the real case, that certainly would explain the "problems" we have discussed earlier:)

Well if you set the normal non-turbo multi to 45x it should be 4.5Ghz non turbo and +4 (400Mhz) while there is thermal headroom. But it's not gonna happen on a mini itx I guess, space is at a premium and power delivery circuits need space. I think it might be the board protecting itself or something alike.

Could you try prime95 with 45x multiplier and turbo disabled, sadly I'm kinda broke now so can't afford a board to test myself. Let me know what does CPU-Z read for multiplier in that scenario. Also try tmonitor (from the CPU-Z makers) it'll let you know if you're running turbo for 1 2 3 or 4 cores.

Ive called it a night as im that fed up already! Post a link to the DL and i'll do it in the morning and see what happens.

You're aware that OC is not 100% reliable, safe or guarranteed in any way right?

Speedstep is a good feature. It allows conscious users to save power. Also it's not a Zotac feature, it's an Intel feature. Second, It's a mini-itx board, you don't have 24 phases or anything alike you can't expect it to OC as a full size board. As far as I see it's doing very well.

Do you also have a dead ramslot?, mine was DOA slot 2, when putting ram in it , i would get error code 58 in post led, and no boot and display..

Board is RMAed now.

Do you also have a dead ramslot?, mine was DOA slot 2, when putting ram in it , i would get error code 58 in post led, and no boot and display..

Board is RMAed now.

Yarp! On my 4th board personly as work is now stocking them. We had 30 in stock, sold 5 so far, non of them been back yet! I've test 10 of them today 3 DOA with 2nd DIM SLOT giving debug error and BSOD. So personly i've had 3 that are faulty. Also out of the 10 i been able to test today after the 1st 2 i did a deep cmos clear as i fitted cpu, hsf, ram, hd, power and they boot much happier. It's a really shocking product to be honest.

Good news though!

I did get this mail!

Dear Sir,

The Z68ITX-A provided a high overclock rang, but the final result depends on the CPU too. Follow the third party review, 50% of the 2600K processor could be over clocked to 4.4~4.5GHz (Turbo boost speed), and only 10% of the 2600K could reach 4.8~5GHz speed. This is similar as our experience (attached). We are still working for the over clock improvement, but I expect only partial users could obtain higher then 4.5GHz speed.

B.rgds
Peter Tang

Z68ITX_2600K_44GHz.jpg

I sent him the screen shots of my CPU in proper boards and what it's able to do showing it's a golden job. Have asked what the setttings in bios mean, why it flips about so much. I have no idea why there CPUZ is not showing properly, what ever that intel cpu image is or why a photo of the screen is taken as to a screen shot.

I've offered to test for them if i get some proper meaning of the controls in BIOS. I also have today informed them of the issues with todays bord in work. Monday i will test the others but i have feeling there going to be pulled!

There's nothing worse than a board that throttles for unknown reasons. I went through this with my Gigabyte AM3 mitx board and the only solution I found was to use software such as Phenommsrtweaker which actually works very good in my case.

For someone using the GT430 version of this board, how loud is the fan on the GPU? I'm planning on going water with this board and was hoping that it will be quiet enough, or have a possible waterblock or aftermarket heatsink available.

Do you know if the Xeon E3-1275 works on this motherboard, it's the best 1155 CPU you can get ATM. Unlocked multi, HD3000 graphics, VT-d and TXT support. It's a blend of 2600k and 2600

Has anyone started testing heatsinks for compatibility with this board yet?
I managed to install the Thermalright AXP-140 with its backplate, using the O-rings present in the mounting system.:cool:
I'll post detailed pics very soon, I promise.:p

I have not seen it stated that the Xeon E3-1275 has an unlocked multiplier, but if it does that would rock. Newegg has it on sale for $350

Got this MB recently, yes the AXP-140 fits with a gpu, and in the Lian-LI PC Q07, Mine was faulty RAM slot too... whats with the high number of faulty RAM slots, otherwise, I'd be really happy with this board, my 2500k Idles at 32, in passive cooling, whole system is cooled by the PSU fan alone with no heating problems. RMAing mine.

Dont know if anyone has seen this vid but Zotac put it up on Youtube. Ran across it yesterday while surfing around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUrsvsDlKxs

System specs
ZOTAC H67-ITX WiFi
Intel Core i5 2500
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti
2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB
Silverstone SG05-450
Silverstone TOB01 Blu-ray drive
Scythe Big Shuriken Rev. B
Xigamtek 120mm Orange LED fan

I'm having a friend get me this mobo for a SG07 build...though i wanted to ask the people who have dealt with it in advance.

want to get the Z68 itx version(not the GT430 vers)

How good is this mobo? will i have issues with ram as I'm seeing as most posters?

Avoid it! On my 9th from stock @ work, the one i bought directrly from a UK shop is being refused warranty! Have the ASrock on the way, possibly delivery tomorrow or Monday. Hoping it's better.

Zotac RAM fault is a user error sadly. When fitting i notice i was bending the 2nd slot. I can only think it's breaking conections

Nice job Mousemagician. If an AXP-140 isn't enough for a mITX build like that, I don't know what would be. :cool: Any pictures of a card actually installed? I'm wondering about problems with chips on the back of the card.

Then again, if this mobo is constantly out of stock and suffering problems with ram slots and mosfets... On the other hand the ASrock seems like a step down in the components they used to build the board. Fewer phases, no VRM heatsinks, tiny PCH heatsink. :(

Who's arm do we have to twist at a tier one motherboard maker to get something in the channel? Anyone have Asus's address?:p

Nice job Mousemagician. If an AXP-140 isn't enough for a mITX build like that, I don't know what would be. :cool: Any pictures of a card actually installed? I'm wondering about problems with chips on the back of the card.

Then again, if this mobo is constantly out of stock and suffering problems with ram slots and mosfets... On the other hand the ASrock seems like a step down in the components they used to build the board. Fewer phases, no VRM heatsinks, tiny PCH heatsink. :(

Who's arm do we have to twist at a tier one motherboard maker to get something in the channel? Anyone have Asus's address?:p
Good question!:(
I hope ECS will come out with their version of Z68 ITX, as they said (here) that are interested in this platform.

new bios, this time for the a-e version of the board!! :) :) :)

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=1347&Itemid=100032

Version 2K110809 (Beta)
Code:
.Added intel XMP memory support
.Added CPU Vcore control
.Added deep S3 control
.Modified Turbo Boost mode - CPU Core Ratio / Multiplier

Someone should comment. I hope it fixes the overclocking issues.

Cheers lads, just woken up to this! Looks Like Zotach might be sweating a little then. My work has ditched every Zotac product going due to the ITX issues! I'll flash the BIOS now and let you know

Okay i went ahead and did this before i started playing with my 7 mile omni directional wifi i build yesterday.

PDF doc was very good, it made it clear what to do. I flashed in windows. Yes i know it's high risk but these board are anyway!

Before.......

Stockoutthebox.jpg

After BETA flash....

After1stBIOSupdate.jpg

BIOS VERSION NUMBER STAYS THE SAME WTF!!!!! BUILD DATE IS DIFFERENT THOUGH

I had a quick flick through the BIOS as i had to reset my setting for RAID. Some new options!

1T & 2T - Shocking as this should of be done out the box but least it's done!

Voltage options - like Asus etc some proper options!

XMP - seams i was already running this anyway

I'll have a proper go through inabit. I'll swap HSF from stock to Artic Cooling rev 2 and see whats doing what!

I'm looking forward to your results. I'm on the fence for this board.

I'd jump the fence if i was you!

Bios flashed once more to be safe and sure. Dirty windows install as been doing lots of network tweaks and streaming etc.

Bios reset via jumper, CMOS battery removed, cuppa tea and a fag

Boot up RAID for my R0 SSD setup, ram 1600mhz, multi to 45x thats it.

I ran Super pi 32 5 times, 9 mins something each.

STOCK COOLER!!!!

I need to sit down proper.

Zotac still need to add a proper OC function to this so we can have full power all the time!

Ugh, this mobo is kinda expensive, but there aren't any other boards available, yet. Wth are Asus and Gigabyte doing?

Last edited:
Ugh, this mobo is kinda expensive, but there aren't any other boards available, yet. Wth are Asus and Gigabyte doing?

Asus god only knows

Gigabyte said yes sorta but not till it's too late but that might change (someone need to make a topic for them to see the deman)!

ASrock is out, it's in the UK which is hard to belive and i think mine is at the post office awaiting collection as was in work on Sat when they tried to deliver it.

The bord is cheap (Zotac) both in terms of build, bits used and rrp £130 delivered GBP. If i get a better working board i will be shifiting this one fast!

What memory voltages are available? The manual didn't really say much, just mentioned that the board had 1.5 volt slots. What about low voltage memory in the 1.35 volt range?

Please let us know if these bios updates fixes stuff guys... IE: the buzzing issue.

DOES ANYONE know of any US seller that has these in stock right now?

Back