Zotac Z68-ITX Wifi

Thx for the info, i hope this will remain the same with their upcoming z77 mobo.

I was looking at that, but I don't really get what benefit you see out of a z77 that you wouldn't have with a z68 with onboard usb3? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough :p

Had it a few weeks now and there's nothing really wrong with it if you're not planning on overclocking it significantly. If you're into low power builds, this board seems to let you undervolt when the CPU is being stressed. Currently using the Dec 22 BIOS and seems fine.

I did get seemingly random failures preventing booting. Eventually tracked it down to the underplate used by my heatsink, a Thermalright AXP-140. Wouldn't be an issue with normal ATX or mini-ATX boards but with this one, a number of chips on the back of the board near the CPU are raised enough that an underplate will press directly against them. Moving the computer around would lead to mysterious post failures. But once I realized this and added washers to prevent the underplate pressing directly against the M/B chips, it's been working perfectly.

OOps been away for couple weeks and this is the most interesting post since then. I'm having the exactly same setup as yours, and had the exactly same issue. I remember checking the back of my board after installing the HSF, but saw pretty big gap between underplate and those little solder spikes :(

I was looking at that, but I don't really get what benefit you see out of a z77 that you wouldn't have with a z68 with onboard usb3? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough :p
Apparently it will be more oc optimized (bios and hardware)...And it's compatible with Ivy Bridge, that's always a good thing.

Yeah, but it's a Zotac... :D
They are usually first out of the gate with new technology, but my enthusiasm for their products has dropped sharply these past few generations.

I usually wait for the second version (C-E) of their boards. They seem to work great.

anyone having issues with USB3 on their boards?

i just got a rev002 one and its USB3 ports is refusing any USB3 devices but it works with USB2 ones or a USB3 device via a USB2 cable. I'm pretty sure mine is a VIA chip, i'm wondering what chips your boards have and if you experience any issues with it.

also I cant get intel HD graphics to install saying it isnt detected and i cant get virtu to work

hi guys, anybody can help and send me a copy of Version 2K110809 bios. its not available anymore in zotac site. ill pm you my email add

thanks!

I have the GT430 wifi supreme and the Azurewave wifi module doesn't work reliably, even with updated drivers (anyone else have problems? It seems to have a pretty bad reputation). I just replaced it with a Intel 6230 mini-pci-E card. It works but I get this weird conflict with the USB - in windows every 30 seconds or so it will say something about the USB device malfunction. Sometimes it will freeze on post, or even freeze a few seconds after entering BIOS setup. Since I'm using a USB keyboard, I suspect the USB has something to do with it. If I remove the Intel wifi module or put the old Azurewave back, all these problems disappear.

If it was just a problem in Windows, then it could be an issue with drivers. Since this even happens in BIOS setup, I'm not sure where to fix the problem... any ideas?

*note I flashed the BIOS to the latest version

Last edited:
Back