Zotac Z68-ITX Wifi

It is forced to believe that there is coming more that 4,2GHz. Maybe when mobo going to be broken need to buy something better or believe that Zotac improve BIOS settings.

Zotac has pulled the PUBLIC BETA BIOS!!!

It's not listed on there website at all! Intresting huh! Currently in a live chat and for you softies i am being nice as the MD of my workplace is here with me!

Nice. Have you anymore Zotac board that you may get that bios and try how it is working?

Okay the results of the live chat was, BETA has been pulled. Reasons couldn't be given but they offered to ether inform where i bought the mobo personly to issue ether a refund or replacment due to the issues. I asked was this BIOS related, he couldn't say yes but implied towards it!

Nothing about the REV version still.

He said he will get onto an enginer asap and ask them to contact me with the list BIOS options.

There is a new Intel BIOS ROM being tested he said in a new BIOS.

Faster SATA III (6GB/s) speeds with the new rom (about time)

Fuck. I hate this zotac... Now it freezing if i have some clocks. It that ASrock Z68M-ITX any better? And also hate that if i want to install something my system waiting and wating etc and maybe start something program. Also that lan-speed is not so good. Its always bouncing 50-100Mb/s.

Last edited:
Well, try the AsRock.

It get lower max clock due to overheating of mofset. However, if you can cool the mofset, then you should be able to get close to 4.5.

I am thinking that i should go to mATX. MAXIMUS-IV-GENE-Z and Arc Mini or define.

Maybe i need to wait to that new BIOS and see if that help. If not i need think settings again.

Last edited:
Did i not tell you it'll die! 19 i've killed! My work has dropped the product along with everything and anything Zotac. Saturday i took pleasure in kick the boxes of it all on to a lorry, all £30K worth of stock. Im hoping the lorry then burns!

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

Well...this post at the very least

new bios, this time for the a-e version of the board!! :) :) :)

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=1347&Itemid=100032

Version 2K110809 (Beta)
Code:
.Added intel XMP memory support
.Added CPU Vcore control
.Added deep S3 control
.Modified Turbo Boost mode - CPU Core Ratio / Multiplier

Version 2K110809
.Added XMP Memory Profile support
.Added CPU Vcore control
.Added Deep S3 control
.Changed CPU Turbo Boost / Overclock Multiplier Ratio, related to number of active cores
(Aug / 2011)

No longer listed as BETA...!!!!

I mean that bios. How that is difference bios after removing that BETA on the end? Same old shit bios?

More refinded, problems worked out, fixes, working, non killing, offical realsease nopt a BETA or PUBLIC BETA.

No, you failed in buying anythiing Z68 or for Sandybridge as there is sweet fa thats worth while

What do you mean??, anyways I use the Xeon 1230, so no oc party xD, waiting for ivy

No current platform for the Z68 in ITX offers everythinbg the Z68 does or what it should!

There is no decent SANDY BRIDGE ITX platform at all what so ever right now!

Your using X1230, thats got no place here! This is Zotac, Z68 and SB, in short

Zotac - sucks
SB - has so much to give but nothing out there allowing it
ITX market needs the big names to get on the case asap with the SB & Z68 combo. IE ASUS, Gigabyte hint hint

Well it depends on what you're looking for. The Asus 1155 H67 models for iTX are pretty solid. If you're looking for straight up microATX performance with overclocking. Then no, there isn't a good option yet. If you're not into overclocking. the H67 models are solid...

Hi,

Now i am happy. Got my Asus Gene-Z mobo and TJ08-E case. Now i have small and powerfull computer what i can overclock. Now i need get somebody buy my Zotac mobo etc.

Hi,

Now i am happy. Got my Asus Gene-Z mobo and TJ08-E case. Now i have small and powerfull computer what i can overclock. Now i need get somebody buy my Zotac mobo etc.

Asus Gene is very very nice congratulations. You can't retrurn the Zotac?

Guys I just finished building my Zotac z68 machine but so far i have no problems. I havent tried overclocking yet but everything is stable cool and powerful!

Guys I want to overclock my 2600K to only 4.0. Do I have to change my vcore temperature or anything? I have a stock intel cooler

Wow, that was a long review that has already been summarized in this thread. I'm not sure why the gave the board high points on features found in most other mini-ix boards these days. They also seemed to gloss over the fact that their first sample board burned out (including the CPU) during one of the max overclocking sessions. :confused:

They gave it high points because they want Zotac to provide them with hardware in the future. It's like engadget or anandtech reviewing Apple products, they never have anything bad to say because they don't want to piss Apple off. Very few review sites give honest in depth reviews. Notice how none of the reviews for the Asrock and Zotac mitx mentioned the that these boards throttle under load. How could they not notice? Some didn't even bother overclocking in their reviews wtf.

NEW BIOS IS OUT

Version 2K111011
.Added Low Voltage Memory (1.35V) support
.Updated CPU Microcode

Updated to brand new bios from within Windows 7 X64. Upon following the instructions and shutting down the computer after bios update, after turning the system back on, there was no post. I waited for about 30 seconds or so, and when I realized nothing was happening, I pushed the reset button on my tower and then it posted without issue. I'm good to go, and it appears to be working fine.

One thing I have noticed immediately is that speedstepping appears to be working more as it should.

Last edited:
Back