Zotac REFURB - 1060 3GB - $98, 1060 6GB - $119, AMP - $126 + Tax/Ship

You might get those MIR. In six weeks time.

Meanwhile, you're out 90 dollars (and had to pay tax on your order. Best-case, you pay $145 for each card. Worst-case (MIR lost/rejected), you pay $175 for each card.

Each Zotac card only charges $20 shipping (no tax), so you pay $120 for each card.

Is a better warranty worth the extra $20? Certainly. But for $50? I'm not so sure.

If that AMD card didn't require mass MIR dancing, I would have bought it already.

I wasn't aware that the MIR's on AMD cards were considered super high-risk/flaky, that sucks. I agree that without the $30 MIR, the value is significantly reduced. Hopefully it goes through smoothly.

Your numbers are wrong though; with the MIR it is $135 per card, without MIR it is $165 per card.

I specifically ship my Newegg orders to an NY address even though I live in NJ to avoid taxes, so that aspect is a non-factor for me.

Yes, $180 is close to $160. I've seen a couple BF deals this week for $180-$190 after rebate. Granted taxes would be added to that depending on where you live, and you'd have to count on the rebate actually showing up, but when we're talking a $160 vs a $200 investment I think it's worth it to get peace of mind with a decent warranty.

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=GTX+1060&searcharea=deals&searchin=first

just sayin' - the taxes and shipping kind of destroy the value of this deal considering it's refurb with 90 day warranty.

Ok, I guess it depends on what you're looking for and at what price.

For me the Zotac 1060 6G AMP with the full length twin fan cooler at $125 + $20 shipping is a much better choice than
the EVGA 1060 6G compact size at $180-$190 after rebate (maybe more with shipping).

I believe the Zotac card will be faster and run cooler than the EVGA compact card. I can beat on the card for 90 days
to see if it will fail. It should be fine, I've had good luck with Zotac cards.

This is for a secondary system where it's not really that important to have a fast gaming card. I was just trying to get a
decent best bang for the buck kind of deal.

Besides, I hate rebates. :)

Anyone else who ordered getting anxious? I actually ordered my card Tuesday (11/20) and it's now been 8 days and my order is still "processing". I had pie in the sky dreams that since I ordered Tuesday I would have it for Thanksgiving weekend but didn't expect that but what I did expect is to have it by the following weekend but now, since it's coming from California and hasn't shipped yet, that ain't gonna happen. I know I'm impatient and I take that into consideration when waiting for something to ship but come on Zotac! :ROFLMAO:

I emailed them and they said they got swamped with orders.
I'm guessing it may be a fairly small office with only a few people shipping hundreds of orders.

Hopefully we start getting some reports of shipments next week.

they raised their prices after getting swamped with orders realizing they could make more $$ :(

It's been 8 days since I ordered, no ship notice yet.
I ordered on Thanksgiving so I'm really only counting from Monday the 26th, so 4 business days.

Hopefully we'll all see some shipping notices soon.

And...... nothing.

If I log into my Zotac account, it still shows my order is "processing". However, my Fedex account sent me a text that I have a package coming from California that should be in tomorrow and unless I did the "don't drink and Prime" thing, I can only assume that it'd be the 1060 I ordered. We'll know tomorrow and if it is, I'll update here when it arrives. Keep 'em crossed, guys!

Yep, mine still shows "processing" too.

That would be cool if they are better getting them shipped out than notifying us. :)

Yep, we got the De-lux super surprise shipping.
The mystery of it costs extra. :p

I paid for the no frills shipping. figured it would take about a week.

I's officially two weeks tomorrow. Do these things even exist?

Mine just shipped out last night monday the 3rd, i had emailed them last week and yesterday and they did a 2 day shipping should have it wednesday, they did fedex 2 day with direct sig required just a heads up not sure if it was just for me. Mine was also on the 1070 refurb they had

What probably happened is they got overwhelmed with orders over a low staffed holiday period. But it would be nice if their system was capable of sending out mea culpa emails.

I meant to update this thread last night but forgot. Sorry.

I ordered the 1060 6GB AMP! Mine shipped FedEx last week and got here yesterday. It was literally just a card in a plain black box that said ZOTAC and nothing else. No manuals, accessories, anything (not that I care). Works perfectly fine though, played a little Project CARS and Dark Souls Remastered in 4K on my HTPC and no issues at all. Condition of the board was clean as well, for a refurb I was pleased.

I can confirm this was not a scam. :)

Yeah, I got the shipping text this morning, so I should have a new toy when I get back.

I'll be updating when I get home shortly, mine is waiting for me at home on the kitchen counter. It shows that it shipped Saturday December 1st and arrived today on the 4th so I'm betting they didn't ship standard since normally a package doesn't travel from Cali to Illinois in my rural city in a couple days.

Good news, I got my card and it's installed and seems to be working just fine. I'll fire up a few games soon and see how it does compared to my 3gb 280X but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy. Packaging was, as others have said, in a plain box but well packed with peanuts surrounding a box with the card securely enclosed in foam; no accessories, no frills, etc which is fine by me. My card even still had some clear rip off tape coating on some of the shiny parts, a nice surprise for a refurb card. If it doesn't die, I'll be very happy with this purchase. Enjoy a few pics, some are a comparison of size etc vs my previous R9 280x (aren't the best, cell phone in a hurry and all).

20181204-165452.jpg
20181204-170802.jpg

20181204-170820.jpg
20181204-171021.jpg

20181204-171024.jpg
20181204-171505.jpg

I love 1060 6gb cards. It's the perfect card for many of us. It's what I have in my laptop, albeit a maxq.

I got my 1060 Amp installed eventually . Second time was a charm (first time I made an error and my PSU detected the short and wouldn't power-on)

I somehow killed an old surge protector in the process (probably just stressed out the cables too much). But the card works fine :D

Cards look exactly the same as a retail card. It's just built like a brick, so it's a bit ungainly for it's size.

Last edited:
Finally got my 1060 AMP today after ordering on Thanksgiving.

Card seems to work fine so far.

Solid deal if it comes up again closer to Christmas.

(but maybe a long wait on shipment)

Back