Zotac REFURB - 1060 3GB - $98, 1060 6GB - $119, AMP - $126 + Tax/Ship

This little thing looks interesting as... For $99
https://store.zotac.com/oi320-zbox-oi320-u-w2

ZBOX_OI320_3-std.jpg.jpg

ZBOX_OI320_9-std.jpg.jpg

I've run those Zboxes before (not the orb shaped one) and it works pretty well for what it is. My parents still run one as a HTPC and Skype with the grandkids.

only 90 day warranty for the video cards, not sure about the other parts. If I were to buy used/refurbs, I think I'd rather EVGA that gives you a 1 year warranty

only 90 day warranty for the video cards, not sure about the other parts. If I were to buy used/refurbs, I think I'd rather EVGA that gives you a 1 year warranty

I hate to point out the obvious, but an EVGA B-stock 1060 3GB mini card is $179 :p.

Rolling the dice on the mini 6GB card because I need something to replace my R9 285 in my HTPC. For that price it's worth the gamble. Thanks!

Is it worth going from a 3gb to a 6gb for such a little price? I'd like to replace one for my Matx build.

Is it worth going from a 3gb to a 6gb for such a little price? I'd like to replace one for my Matx build.
Depends on how much you can sell your 1060 3GB for. If it's an even swap, sure.

if you dont oc the gpu it should be fine.
edit: recommended is 750w

1.3Ghz Celeron and 16GB of RAM. Wow lol

Well, if all you're doing is youtube and whatnot.. it's not that bad... lol

They have a magnus 1060 on their closeout list..
That's kind of amazing...

They also tack $25 on for shipping for that GPU... I'm considering upgrading my daughter...

the 1070 is a steal. I looked for other cards before buying a 1060 a few moments ago and swear i didn't see it, ugh. Now to see if i can cancel.

I ordered one as i placed that forum post so they must have gone quick. I have my order number so hopefully i get one :)

yeah, i called to cancel the 1060 and apparently the only guy there who can cancel an order was at lunch. 1070 is gone now, so guess the kid will have to be happy with the 1060 amp lol.

I ordered one as i placed that forum post so they must have gone quick. I have my order number so hopefully i get one :)

I just clicked buy on a 1060 6gb AMP edition card and created an account but now I can't log in to verify purchase, I have no email from them, but I have a receipt from Paypal that my account has been charged. Hmm keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

I was excited about this at first, but i think the new RX570 4gb from newegg for $139 with 2 free good games is a better deal

It really depends on if you care about refurb and the game options. The 1060 6gb should be faster in most cases if speed is your main concern.

I bit on the AMP edition. hybrid idle plus small enough to fit in my Node 304 (if it lasts long enough to get bumped to my HTPC).

That's half the price of the retail model;. That's unheard of, for something n direct from the manufacturer.

And I'd rather take my chances with a certified refurb than roll the dice on used mining cards.

It's been years since I spent real money on anything during Black Friday week.

Just curious, has anyone's order shipped or is it still in the "Processing" stage? I ordered mine Wednesday and I know Thanksgiving, Black Friday, yada yada slows things down, though. I'm hoping to see shipped Monday :whistle:

Just curious, has anyone's order shipped or is it still in the "Processing" stage? I ordered mine Wednesday and I know Thanksgiving, Black Friday, yada yada slows things down, though. I'm hoping to see shipped Monday :whistle:

Their small print during the payment process: if you buy Thursday, it ships Monday (no orders processed Friday or the weekend).

You can pretty much assume out that the store takes Thanksgiving off, so you'll have to wait till Monday.

We are spoiled by Amazon :D

Their small print during the payment process: if you buy Thursday, it ships Monday (no orders processed Friday or the weekend).

You can pretty much assume out that the store takes Thanksgiving off, so you'll have to wait till Monday.

We are spoiled by Amazon :D

Ahh the fine print, gets you every time. But I will agree with you 100% that Amazon has spoiled me more than I'd like to admit :D

Taxes and Shipping and Handling killed this deal for me. That brings the total to close to $160 which is too close to retail price for a new card when they're on sale.

Taxes and Shipping and Handling killed this deal for me. That brings the total to close to $160 which is too close to retail price for a new card when they're on sale.

Really?

You've seen GTX 1060 6GB cards for close to $160?

Where is that?

Really?

You've seen GTX 1060 6GB cards for close to $160?

Where is that?

Yes, $180 is close to $160. I've seen a couple BF deals this week for $180-$190 after rebate. Granted taxes would be added to that depending on where you live, and you'd have to count on the rebate actually showing up, but when we're talking a $160 vs a $200 investment I think it's worth it to get peace of mind with a decent warranty.

https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBarV2&q=GTX+1060&searcharea=deals&searchin=first

just sayin' - the taxes and shipping kind of destroy the value of this deal considering it's refurb with 90 day warranty.

I was excited about this at first, but i think the new RX570 4gb from newegg for $139 with 2 free good games is a better deal

This one?

I agree, that seems like a better deal here. Cheapest shipping for the 1060 3GB Mini is $22 for me, bringing it to about $120. The 570 is a pretty comparable card and with it being new and coming with a couple games seems like a bit better value.

I bought like 3x RX 570 8GB's for $135 each after MIR... with the 2x free yet-to-be-released huge title games included per card, it's a no-brainer if you factor in selling the games. Comes out to like $50-$70 for the card depending on how much you can sell the games for.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137256

You already have any experience with this card? Most of the reviews are complaining about it being loud, so I'm contemplating this or the 4GB Powercolor version I linked to right above you for $140 with no MIR. This is for my son, who will be gaming on my old 1920x1200 monitor, so I don't think anything over 4GB will be utilized at that resolution, but I haven't stayed too current on modern games and their requirements either.

You already have any experience with this card? Most of the reviews are complaining about it being loud, so I'm contemplating this or the 4GB Powercolor version I linked to right above you for $140 with no MIR. This is for my son, who will be gaming on my old 1920x1200 monitor, so I don't think anything over 4GB will be utilized at that resolution, but I haven't stayed too current on modern games and their requirements either.

No, I don't have any experience with it. Honestly though, for the price-point and 8gb vs 4gb, I didn't find anything even remotely close to it in terms of value. If it's loud, it'll be a non-factor for me since I'm using these in builds for my parents and in-laws who don't game so I plan on just setting the fans to low or silent anyway. I've used MSI for warranty purposes before and feel comfortable with their service, so if I get a defective fan it's not the end of the world.

That said, it is hard to go wrong with any of the lower priced cards /w the 2x free game promotion. Main loss here versus the card you're looking at is 4gb vs 8gb. Idk if the Powercolor version is using higher tier memory though, so that may make up for it (some reviewers report their unit coming with lower tier Micron memory).

Reactions: T4rd
like this
No, I don't have any experience with it. Honestly though, for the price-point and 8gb vs 4gb, I didn't find anything even remotely close to it in terms of value. If it's loud, it'll be a non-factor for me since I'm using these in builds for my parents and in-laws who don't game so I plan on just setting the fans to low or silent anyway. I've used MSI for warranty purposes before and feel comfortable with their service, so if I get a defective fan it's not the end of the world.

That said, it is hard to go wrong with any of the lower priced cards /w the 2x free game promotion. Main loss here versus the card you're looking at is 4gb vs 8gb. Idk if the Powercolor version is using higher tier memory though, so that may make up for it (some reviewers report their unit coming with lower tier Micron memory).

Alrighty, well I just ordered your MSI 8GB card then. I think either card is a pretty good deal at this point, but thanks for posting that one for us!

I bought 3x RX 570 8GB's for $135 each after MIR... with the 2x free yet-to-be-released huge title games included per card, it's a no-brainer if you factor in selling the games. Comes out to like $50-$70 for the card depending on how much you can sell the games for.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137256

You might get those MIR. In six weeks time.

Meanwhile, you're out 90 dollars (and had to pay tax on your order. Best-case, you pay $145 for each card. Worst-case (MIR lost/rejected), you pay $175 for each card.

Each Zotac card only charges $20 shipping (no tax), so you pay $120 for each card.

Is a better warranty worth the extra $20? Certainly. But for $50? I'm not so sure.

If that AMD card didn't require mass MIR dancing, I would have bought it already.

Back