Zotac Magnus EN1070K

shleepy

n00b
Has anyone tried a Zotac Magnus EN1070K (latest generation of the tiny barebones Zotac systems with a GTX1070) yet?

I'll be putting mine together shortly and wanted to get people's thoughts... Doing a search, I see no mention of the EN1070K at all, and some people don't recommend the earlier models, since they can get too hot with heavy gaming, and eventually break.

I plan on using it largely as an HTPC, with occasional gaming (and probably nothing TOO graphics-intensive or for prolonged periods of time), so it's probably a bit overkill for my purposes.

I have the EN1070 and use it as a 1080P home theater gaming machine. It runs well. Very quiet. I'll send you a PM with a review I did for it.

1070k is almost the same, just slightly faster CPU.

EDIT: Ooops. Looks like I can't send you a PM. My review is on YouTube under The Gamer Way. That said, I'll give a quick summary here...

As far as 1080 Gaming goes, the EN1070 can play any modern game at max settings at around 60FPS. I've super sampled older games like Ryse and Redout to 4k with no issue. Home Theater usage has been great with no problems running 4K video. Audio through HDMI has been fine.

The CPU stabilizes around 2.5GHZ on all 4 cores under heavy usage. It is socketed, so you can upgrade to a 6700T if you have the money and will power to void the warranty.

The system itself is extremely quiet. FF14 makes my 980TI sound like a hairdryer, but the EN1070 stays silent. In a home theater set up, you probably won't notice it.

Last edited:
Back