Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP (CHEAP) [SOLD}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling a Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP. I purchased 2 of these from a HardForum user a couple of month ago but have since decided I only need one. I tried to sell it on here earlier but had no bites. I went to eBay to sell the card and got a buyer who returned it to me with two broken fan blades (claiming it arrived that way). Tested the card when I got it back and can confirm that it still works fine.

So...TL;DR

Selling a brokenish Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP to someone who plans on watercooling, fixing a fan, or doesn't mind a DIY solution. Two of the fan blades are broken on the rear fan.

$600 - AND IT'S SOLD

https://imgur.com/a/zpRU8

Last edited:
Did you check to see if the card worked after it was returned from Ebay?

Shit i would give up my 1070 for that mofo! Awesome deal bumparooski!

Did you check the serial # to make sure he returned your and not his own (w/ broken fan)? Sketchy Ebayers is the reason I quit selling there. Anyway, great deal - bump for you :)

Yes I checked the serial number, it’s the same card I sent out. Unfortunately it’s not under warranty (I think it was originally a system pull). Regardless you can’t RMA it with a broken fan

while you may not be able to rma it, I would still give Zotac a call. They have the BEST rma process I've ever seen. Super considerate people also.

Chances are that the buyer has the same card as the one you were selling; the buyer's card had a fan with 2 broken blades. The buyer was also unable to RMA the card because of the broken fan blades. Therefore, the buyer purchased your card simply to replace the fan from it. Once the broken fan was replaced with the fan from your card, he sent your card back with the broken fan installed...and the rest is history. You made the mistake of accepting returns in your auction.....

Your auction should have included pictures of the card with two non-broken fans. Once you received the card with a broken fan, you should have refused to refund the buyer's payment. Any dispute would have been easily settled with pictures from your auction listing. Your auction listing was proof that the buyer tried to return the card in a condition that was otherwise shown and purchased from your auction....so confused why you accepted the card??

Contact Zotac to see if an RMA is even needed to replace the fan. Gigabyte recently sent me a replacement fan for a 970 free of charge without needing an RMA.

Last edited:
+1 to the above. I bet if you look at the mounting screws you'll see scratches

I’ve got two 1080ti amp that need new fans. Two of the fans crapped out and one I broken a fin off on accident. The one with two bad fans I just ziptied two 120mm on it and the one with a broken fin runs a little hotter.

The fans are apistek gaa8s2u. Been looking for awhile still can’t find any replacements and don’t want to deal with rma until I want to sell them.

Chances are that the buyer has the same card as the one you were selling; the buyer's card had a fan with 2 broken blades. The buyer was also unable to RMA the card because of the broken fan blades. Therefore, the buyer purchased your card simply to replace the fan from it. Once the broken fan was replaced with the fan from your card, he sent your card back with the broken fan installed...and the rest is history. You made the mistake of accepting returns in your auction.....

Your auction should have included pictures of the card with two non-broken fans. Once you received the card with a broken fan, you should have refused to refund the buyer's payment. Any dispute would have been easily settled with pictures from your auction listing. Your auction listing was proof that the buyer tried to return the card in a condition that was otherwise shown and purchased from your auction....so confused why you accepted the card??

Contact Zotac to see if an RMA is even needed to replace the fan. Gigabyte recently sent me a replacement fan for a 970 free of charge without needing an RMA.

This is the big problem with eBay at the moment. Even if you don’t “accept” returns on your auction all an unscrupulous buyer has to do is file an “eBay Money Back Guarantee” and you have to take the return regardless (with a corresponding hit to your seller record and a negative feedback). It’s honestly just better to accept the return than go down that route. He claimed the card was damaged when it arrived. Even if the card wasn’t damage when I shipped it out (which is all my photos prove) I can’t prove that I didn’t break the card while packing it nor that it wasn’t damaged during shipping. So, stuck between a rock and a hard place I either have to accept the return or risk a forced refund and a negative hit on my eBay account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back