ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Edition $239.99

Scam

"Arrives between Feb. 2 - Mar. 3."

Note how all of the low offers are for sellers with 1 or 2 feedback and ridiculous ship times. Amazon does a terrible job certifying vendors. These sellers are trying to get your money and then vanish. Sometimes you will get a fake tracking number that never goes anywhere.

^

Absolutely all scams, and can be quite difficult to get your money back, too, since these scammers all seem to be from China.

I see. I had my hopes up for a second but not surprised since scammers will go to great lengths to screw you over. I appreciate the quick responses!

The "legit" lowest prices for GTX 1080s I ever saw were usually via Jet.com coupons, occasionally really good deals in the For Sale/Trade thread here, open box @ Micro Center, or during some of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Also occasionally on Ebay.

Those are fake. There's a listing for each major gpu/cpu/mb on amazon.

Amazon does a terrible job certifying vendors.

Not quite. US based vendors are required to jump thru hoops. Foreign vendors barely have to do shit so we will get a lot of this scam stuff and knock off stuff.

I guess common sense is lost with the newer generations..............

I make a six figure salary so I could give less shits about a few bucks, especially since Amazon will just refund me after filing a A-to-Z claim. So, yeah, worth a shot I guess? But most likely a scam, just like the hyper 212's last week.

If you make the 6 figure salary and care so little, you'd just go buy the real cards and have them tomorrow.

"~MUST-CONTACT BEFORE ORDER!! ^^SALES*(-AT*) US-GIFTS**.COM*!! "

Seriously fake. If people are dumb enough to fall for these gimmicks, then send me the money. After a few hours at the bar drinking your money up, I'll promise to send you a 1080 AMP! card and you should receive it by Valetines day :p

I wonder if they send an empty box so slow that by the time anything arrives yer well outside Amazon's return window/protection system.

Refund = Net loss of $0. So the worst case scenario is you get a refund. Best case scenario is you actually get your product. Why wouldn't someone take the chance? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder.

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO TROLLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Refund = Net loss of $0. So the worst case scenario is you get a refund. Best case scenario is you actually get your product. Why wouldn't someone take the chance? lol

Seller account: Just launched
Shipping information: Ships from Azerbaijan/Hong Kong/Karachi....
If you really believe you might get a new, $700 part for $200 from a brand new seller with zero feedback from halfway around the world, I have a bridge to sell you in Charleston. Cost $960,000,000 to build about 20 years ago, but it can be yours for the low price of $20,000. I can even send you pictures of me standing on the bridge. Interested? Why wouldn't someone take the chance?

It is a waste of time chasing what is so obviously a scam. You will have to contact Amazon to file a claim and follow up to make sure your payment was refunded. Amazon loses money every time they have to settle a scammer's claim which drives up prices, and if you file too many claims they may even close your account.

Seller account: Just launched
Shipping information: Ships from Azerbaijan/Hong Kong/Karachi....
If you really believe you might get a new, $700 part for $200 from a brand new seller with zero feedback from halfway around the world, I have a bridge to sell you in Charleston. Cost $960,000,000 to build about 20 years ago, but it can be yours for the low price of $20,000. I can even send you pictures of me standing on the bridge. Interested? Why wouldn't someone take the chance?

It is a waste of time chasing what is so obviously a scam. You will have to contact Amazon to file a claim and follow up to make sure your payment was refunded. Amazon loses money every time they have to settle a scammer's claim which drives up prices, and if you file too many claims they may even close your account.

Amazon should lose money for incompetent screening of sellers. Why should the customer be at fault?

Amazon should lose money for incompetent screening of sellers. Why should the customer be at fault?

Amazon will not hold you at fault. But if you go after too many scam baits and file too many claims, they may ban your account. It's not a perfect world.

But you missed the point I was trying to make. While we do sometimes get a deal that looks too good to be true, most of the "deals" you see on amazon from just launched third party sellers are obvious scams and not worth chasing.

Amazon will not hold you at fault. But if you go after too many scam baits and file too many claims, they may ban your account. It's not a perfect world.

But you missed the point I was trying to make. While we do sometimes get a deal that looks too good to be true, most of the "deals" you see on amazon from just launched third party sellers are obvious scams and not worth chasing.

I understand where you're coming from.

I received a shady phone call from a 1888 spoofed number claiming to be HP tech support then they hung up after I said I don't own an HP. My bet is these scammers on Amazon are using your information to scam you. They know they won't be getting the money.

I received a shady phone call from a 1888 spoofed number claiming to be HP tech support then they hung up after I said I don't own an HP. My bet is these scammers on Amazon are using your information to scam you. They know they won't be getting the money.
You're missing out on some fantastic fun. Whenever I get those calls I panic wildly given the emergency I've been told I need to address. Like any other computer illiterate user, since that's apparently what I am, I can barely figure out how to turn it on, don't know where to click on basic UI elements, can't quite understand the prompts that keep popping up because "virus?!", and that's all compounded by the fact I can't figure out my phone so I have to shout from across the room. You'll know you're getting the playbook down when *they* hand up on *you* :D

Back