ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

Is it possible to have dedicated physx using the onboard gf9300 while running an ati graphics card?

Technically possible using the same driver-hack as for any other GeForce, but the IGP is too slow to be of any real use IMO.

Hybrid Power is not supported in this chipset at all, it was very short-lived and only implemented in AMD's 750a/780a/980a chipset. After that, nVidia felt that its idle power consumption on graphics cards was low enough that they could discontinue the feature. Hybrid SLI is still supported, but is only for low-end cards like the 8400GS.

I hear ya, actually turning on Physx slows down some games for me if I try and use the 9300.

Well I can verify myself.

Yes the Shuriken Rev B fits on the old version of the 9300-ITX-WiFi.
You have enough clearance on all sides, and it does not stick out at the top. I even had room to remove and install the DDR2 modules(standard sized Kingston HyperX).

My complete set-up:
Intel e5400 @ 2.6GHz.
Kingston HyperX 2x 1gb
XFX 8800GT 512mb
OCZ StealthXstream 500w

Scythe Shuriken Rev B on the cpu.
ThermalTake DuOrb on the gpu
Stock heatsink on the Chipset.

In a Thermaltake Lanbox Lite.

Temps:
cpu:
idle(windows desktop):30
Load(POV-Ray benchmark & WinRar benchmark): 38

gpu:
idle: 49
Load(Bioshock 1 & Video playback, avi file): 70

Im having problems getting audio via an ati 5570, in control panel theres no option for this. only realtec something.

anny ideas?

I guess you mean Audio thru HDMI right? The ATI drivers is all you need. I have a similar setup with a DFI board.

I guess you mean Audio thru HDMI right? The ATI drivers is all you need. I have a similar setup with a DFI board.

Yepp, hdmi. but its a no go. got one hd 5770 and it works. but with the zotac board an 5570 its a no go, was wondering if it was some conflict with the zotac.

i went back inside to do some more cooling mods after the summer heat kicked in. it was just running too hot for my taste.

i modded a Zalman fan speed controller (not pictured here), one more 60mm exhaust fan and a 40mm intake fan.

aeb5666d.jpg

d9233c0d.jpg

55b35732.jpg

i also changed the power cord to something more... well better. i found a random black plastic tube stuck the wired connector in the middle and then just filled it with epoxy.

4f70a0dc.jpg

c7c140e3.jpg

after it was all said and done the temps dropped a few deg. but the best part is now its almost silent.

i forgot the original build pics are in this thread here:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035624614&postcount=1576

i didn't see a reason to start my own for this.

anyway, in my attempt to further drop temps i took a rubber hammer and pounded the copper slug in the middle of the stock Intel HSF flush with the aluminum part. then i wet sanded it down to 2000grit paper. after that i baked it and let it cool 2 times. it gave me about 2-3c improvement and now the mobo doesn't bend so badly.

i also down clocked the CPU down to 1.5Ghz and it made a huge difference! took about 10c off idle and almost 20c off load temps. now i can run it full load and be within thermal spec at a room temp of 80f and still keep my fans turned down to almost silent. :D

since im only using this for a backup PC/emulators i don't need it to run @ full speed.

heres one more pic of the inside after its all finished:

abdd48d2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there! Anyone has a grey heatsink to sell (mine is 2nd revision)? One of memory mosfets fried and i had cut the HS so i can't RMA my mobo. PM me please!

Installed a Hauppage WinTV-HVR-2250, works like a charm with the Zotac board. Here is an odd thing, I have the first board revision that had the wake on USB feature not working right. As a result I never tried it, well I put in a USB keyboard and wake on USB works like a charm!

I realize I'm probably reviving a dead thread but I have acquired a Zotac 9300 ITX Wifi G-E and a Q6600 and am having some issues. I'm having troubles with installing Linux. I get Kernel panics while booting. I'm also having issues with disabling speedstep. I would like to check my bios version and possibly upgrade if necessary. I have found the Zotac website to be confusing and can't verify my board's PCB version with the 9300-G bios. Any help would be appreciated.

Check the back of the motherboard. It will have a number on that back that identifies which PCB version.
There was the old initial version, the new G version with dual link DVI, an overclocked version with a black heatsink (laptop version of the northbridge chip?), and a version with DDR3 memory support, which I think has yellow memory slots or something like that.
I have used the B, G, and the overclock version (whichever letter it is) and I have not had any real problems with linux on it, at least with a newer version core 2 quads. (I have a Q9650 in this machine)
On some of these zotac 9300 boards I have had issues upgrading linux though, it fails every time. I know it fails on the mATX version, not sure about the ITXs though.

Helllllo???

Anybody using this board anymore? How about the new ZOTAC GF9300-K-E model? Any overclocking results?

Hi, I changed to Intel DH67CF B3 & Intel i5 2500K.
Not using my GeForce 9300-ITX & Intel Q5500 currently.

Any remarks on your previous setup before I go and buy this board? Did you just wanna upgrade to the Sandy Bridge?

Any remarks on your previous setup before I go and buy this board? Did you just wanna upgrade to the Sandy Bridge?
Hi, I've got the first version of the Zotac board which only has two SATA II ports instead of four / six.
On the new system I noticed an increase in graphics performance (HD3000), it has 8Gb instead of 4 installed and (according to AIDA64) the 32nm CPU runs considerable cooler than the 45nm one.

Old setup was allright, but I'm happier with the new system.

Hi, I've got the first version of the Zotac board which only has two SATA II ports instead of four / six.
On the new system I noticed an increase in graphics performance (HD3000), it has 8Gb instead of 4 installed and (according to AIDA64) the 32nm CPU runs considerable cooler than the 45nm one.

Old setup was allright, but I'm happier with the new system.

Good! Yeah, the GF9300-K-E has 3 SATA ports, so that is plenty for what I need it for. And I will be using a dedicated PCIe for graphics, instead of the built in, so that is ok.

I'm hoping the GF9300-K-E will be an improvement over the older revisions, being DDR3 (1333mhz) and with the better BIOS.

Do have any report on the overclocking potential of the board?

Thanks!!

Your wasting your time trying to OC on these boards, especially with a quad core.
Not to mention RAM is too expensive on these.
You should grab Zotac's newer Z68 board (the one for overclocking), a 2500k, and 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

On these ITX 9300 boards you can probably only take say a 3 GHz quad up to 3.3GHz or so before the FSB can't handle the speed increase anymore.
On older chips like the Q6600, trying to overclock them further (say to around 3+GHz) can be dangerous due to the amount of current they will draw. Your 9300 mobo will probably catch on fire if you try a serious overclock.
On Zotac's new ITX you should be able to easily hit around 4.5 GHz OC with a 2500k without any real effort or tweaking I imagine.

Your wasting your time trying to OC on these boards, especially with a quad core.
Not to mention RAM is too expensive on these.
You should grab Zotac's newer Z68 board (the one for overclocking), a 2500k, and 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

On these ITX 9300 boards you can probably only take say a 3 GHz quad up to 3.3GHz or so before the FSB can't handle the speed increase anymore.
On older chips like the Q6600, trying to overclock them further (say to around 3+GHz) can be dangerous due to the amount of current they will draw. Your 9300 mobo will probably catch on fire if you try a serious overclock.
On Zotac's new ITX you should be able to easily hit around 4.5 GHz OC with a 2500k without any real effort or tweaking I imagine.
Not in the market to be making that big of an upgrade, twice.
I am going to go Ivy Bridge so I am pulling gear from my current ATX setup to be used in my media ITX machine. In the meantime, I am going to case mod my big case.
Going to use my Q9650 in the Zotac ITX and see how far I can get it overclocked.
Anddd the 9300 chipset is compatible with DDR3 freqs.
And TweakTown got a stable 375mhz on the FSB without much tweaking..and that was the first revision of the board. There has since been 3 others.
Also, I plan on custom watercooling.

But is there just a FSB wall at 375+? I hope not... If I fry it, I'll just RMA and do the resell swap hop..

Anyone still running this board? I have Q9550, 8GB ram, Geforce GT740, system runs great. I was wondering if I can remove the heatsink that sits on the board since I have an external GPU? Does this also cool some chipsets that still get used?

Man, I remember wanting this board something fierce, but I had a Phenom 9650 at the time.
Ended up getting a Zotac IONITX-A-U for a side computer.
Didn't run TF2 as well as I'd hoped.

Anyone still running this board? I have Q9550, 8GB ram, Geforce GT740, system runs great. I was wondering if I can remove the heatsink that sits on the board since I have an external GPU? Does this also cool some chipsets that still get used?
Why remove it?
Are you trying to do something and it's getting in the way?

Back