ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

my system shut down unexpectedly today when i was running prime and cpu load was at 80c . restarting system only gives me fans and no video signal . there is no beeps from speaker i just connected. tried clearing bios twice but nothing so far , so i guess i leave it alone till morning maybe it will work again

sigh

Jen
Aren't you the one running all the high end components (including the GTX260)? Maybe it's a PSU problem?

Last edited:
my system shut down unexpectedly today when i was running prime and cpu load was at 80c . restarting system only gives me fans and no video signal . there is no beeps from speaker i just connected. tried clearing bios twice but nothing so far , so i guess i leave it alone till morning maybe it will work again
Kinda like what I had (and posted about earlier, I think). Switching RAM stick slots around worked for whatever strange reason. But yeah, it can be for a number of reasons, and indeed hard to say what'll work without switch'n'try.

Take one of the Rams out of the Ramslot, start your system, then you will have to go into the bios - I think all your bios settings will be lost (if that does not work at first: put the RAM in the other Ramslot...). This has happend to me twice, another user of the hardwareluxx.de-forum had the same problem, he did what i said and it worked for him.

I do not know why the bios settings are lost after this procedure, i always thought this happens only when bios battery is empty or CMOS is cleared...i hope i could help you.

Cheers RoddY

Take one of the Rams out of the Ramslot, start your system, then you will have to go into the bios - I think all your bios settings will be lost (if that does not work at first: put the RAM in the other Ramslot...). This has happend to me twice, another user of the hardwareluxx.de-forum had the same problem, he did what i said and it worked for him.

I do not know why the bios settings are lost after this procedure, i always thought this happens only when bios battery is empty or CMOS is cleared...i hope i could help you.

Cheers RoddY

i let it sit overnight as zotac states to do to clear the CMOS and this morning attempted to start machine again. Still no beep or video signal and have tried different memory , powersupply . Only thing left it to take it out and table test it . It was a good system but this bios is a big problem that needs to be fixed

Jen

i let it sit overnight as zotac states to do to clear the CMOS and this morning attempted to start machine again. Still no beep or video signal and have tried different memory , powersupply . Only thing left it to take it out and table test it . It was a good system but this bios is a big problem that needs to be fixed

Jen

If you have a PCI-e vid card, I assume you've tried removing that and going back to the onboard graphics then trying all these things again?

If you have a PCI-e vid card, I assume you've tried removing that and going back to the onboard graphics then trying all these things again?

everything is disconnected from motherboard including video card . only items i did reconnect was powersupply , cpu fan and memory . and monitor connected to the onboard video . no beeps but fan does spin up

Jen

anyone getting frustrated or just don't want this mobo? i'll buy it from you if you want to get rid of it. otherwise, i'm going to buy from newegg in a few days.

anyone getting frustrated or just don't want this mobo? i'll buy it from you if you want to get rid of it. otherwise, i'm going to buy from newegg in a few days.

very frustrated with mine , it needs a RMA now as it wont post . a big waste of money for myself . if ever asus or any other companys make mini itx boards similar to this one i will consider trying thiers

Jen

very frustrated with mine , it needs a RMA now as it wont post . a big waste of money for myself . if ever asus or any other companys make mini itx boards similar to this one i will consider trying thiers

Jen

ASUS does, just newegg doesn't carry it.

Also, it has no WiFi, compared to the Zotac, but it is a shade cheaper.

I'd be curious as well, the only Asus (actually Pegatron) ITX I know of is called the IPX7A, and it's an Ion (Atom 330 + 9400) board with PCIe- it's not 775. I spent a long time deliberating whether or not to get the 9300ITX, and have been very reluctant between the BIOS issues and PCB revisions.

Long time lurker here, but never been a big poster on these boards.....

I've kept random tabs on this thread, but I don't know if anyone has really pushed this board on the CPU and integrated GPU fronts so I wanted to share my experiences. Hopefully others will share their experiences OCing this little board as well.

I'm currently running my board with 2.8Ghz E6300 CPU @ 3.6Ghz.
I believe the normal GPU frequencies are 450/12000 (Core/Shader) ... I have these OCed to 700Mhz & 1750Mhz Respectively.

Both the CPU are GPU are water-cooled and stay very cool even during load. I'm using the board as part of a Emu/Arcade Control Panel.

Anyone else care to share their highest clocks on this board? Here are some pics of the setup.

imag0279m.jpg

imag0313.jpg

shot2hw.jpg

Just got this board today, and damn.. I knew the specs beforehand, but I was still kinda surprised by how small m-ITX is, lol.

Now I just have to try not to twitch while waiting for the rest of my components to get in.

Confused... this thread is about the Zotac 9300... main features being PCI-E x 16 in a mini-itx format along with socket 775... along with the GF9300 which allows hardware GPU decoding of 1080p movies for home theaters setups...

That's an Ion board with a PCI Slot?

I've kept random tabs on this thread, but I don't know if anyone has really pushed this board on the CPU and integrated GPU fronts so I wanted to share my experiences. Hopefully others will share their experiences OCing this little board as well.

I believe the normal GPU frequencies are 450/12000 (Core/Shader) ... I have these OCed to 700Mhz & 1750Mhz Respectively.

Both the CPU are GPU are water-cooled and stay very cool even during load. I'm using the board as part of a Emu/Arcade Control Panel.

Anyone else care to share their highest clocks on this board? Here are some pics of the setup.

<snip>
Have you tried pushing your E6300 further than that? I have mine in my 9300-ITX setup running at 3.8 GHz fully Prime95 & IntelBurnTest stable no problem (just a +.1V bump to CPU voltage to accomplish this and NB voltage @ 1.2V), with the limitation almost certainly being the MB as in my testing with lower multipliers I couldn't really bring the FSB any higher than the 362.5 MHz CPU-Z says it is. :p

For reference, my CPU cooler is a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 (which fits fine in the Windy MC3 case I'm using) and I did lap the CPU, but I'd still think your CPU is running cooler at peak than my setup (which max's out at around 70C in IntelBurnTest). I can't really speak for the GPU side of things as I have not touched its settings (or cooling) at all since long-term I won't be using the integrated GPU. ;)

Last edited:
I thought the new version was coming out this month?! Is it worth waiting for? Will it have the same name as ZOTAC GF9300-D-E?

New one won't be out until November. Newegg has a new rebate for the D-E model and the rebate ends October 31.

The new revision will have the model number "GF9300-G-E".

I'm running my core/shader at 675 and 1425, my system was crashing at 700 & 1450 but judging by your number I may push the shader up a tad and see what happens. I'm running an e530 at 3 ghz. Ihave just one case fan and the intel stock fan, temps under no load are 38 for the cpu and 48 for the gpu, so the same as before overclocking.

Are there any other issues with the current GF9300-D-E being sold at Newegg besides the Wake on USB? Is the Wake on USB only an issue for those that have external hard drives connected to it? If my PC goes to sleep, can my USB mouse and keyboard still work?

I haven't bought my Zotac 9300 yet, but I am really itching to buy now. Is it worth waiting for?

It has the wake on USB problem, the DVI port is only single link and it has only two SATA connectors. May or may not be problems for you, but knowing that a replacement model is right around the corner I wouldn't buy the D-E.

went to turn the pc on today and no video no beeps no nothing. Havent used it in a while either. Tried taking out all the memory and used different memory but still nothing. Tried both video outs and even reset the bios. anyone have any guesses as to what to try next?

Picture of my build so far. Cooler Master Geminii S cooler on my Zotac 9300 mobo. This cooler clears the GPU heatsink and ram like it was made for this board :) I am building this in a Lian Li PC-Q7 case. The PicoPSU 150W helps out big time, because a full size ATX PS took up too much room inside of the case, which led to high cpu temps with the stock intel cooler. Now it is all open, and vents very well. :) Im still trying to decide if I should block-off the ATX hole in the back of the case, or leave it open for airflow/venting.

5456_147243033064_508523064_3236944_3092075_n.jpg

I'm working with the same case but wanted to use a normal PSU so I could power my own video card. Do you think that heatsink will fit in the case with a normal sized PSU? Do you have pics of your build?

Quick question for you guys... What exactly is Hybrid SLI? I assume it will "compliment" to the existing IGP, correct? If so, which card do you guys recommend to take advantage of the Hybrid SLI feature?

Quick question for you guys... What exactly is Hybrid SLI? I assume it will "compliment" to the existing IGP, correct? If so, which card do you guys recommend to take advantage of the Hybrid SLI feature?
Your assumption is correct. Hybrid SLI combines an IGP and a regular GPU in one of two modes: HybridPower or GeForce Boost.

HybridPower was only available with a couple of desktop IGP+GPU combos (the 9300i NOT being one of them), and it basically meant that, when activated, the video framebuffer was offloaded to the IGP, which would handle basic tasks (Aero and 2D workloads) while the GPU shut completely down, except for the output ports.

This feature died rather quickly on the desktop arena (it's still available on notebooks, though), most notably because even the big power guzzlers could be made to fit rather decent idle power envelopes. It did show a lot of promise, and I'd like something like that to be available for ANY IGP/GPU combo. Just look at the difference in power draw it would make if you have a Clarkdale CPU (integrated IGP, whether you want it or not) on your system and you can have your GPU completely shut down unless you're gaming... Or on high-end notebooks, for that matter...

GeForce Boost is basically SLI between an IGP and a GPU. Since the normal SLI limitations still apply (you have to be using very similar hardware), you can only get GeForce Boost with something like the 8400/8500, and possibly the 9400/9500 cards. Which add quite a lot of power, and gaming performance goes from yucky to slightly less yucky. It's a decent boost, but SLI doesn't scale beyond 100%, which would be needed for most games being playable at decent resolutions and quality settings.

What HybridSLI doesn't include is Hybrid PhysX. Nor does it have to. You can use any GPU and offload PhysX effects to the IGP (or another non-SLIable GPU) for quite a while. That technology is more recent, but more broad.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Miguel

Your assumption is correct. Hybrid SLI combines an IGP and a regular GPU in one of two modes: HybridPower or GeForce Boost.

HybridPower was only available with a couple of desktop IGP+GPU combos (the 9300i NOT being one of them), and it basically meant that, when activated, the video framebuffer was offloaded to the IGP, which would handle basic tasks (Aero and 2D workloads) while the GPU shut completely down, except for the output ports.

This feature died rather quickly on the desktop arena (it's still available on notebooks, though), most notably because even the big power guzzlers could be made to fit rather decent idle power envelopes. It did show a lot of promise, and I'd like something like that to be available for ANY IGP/GPU combo. Just look at the difference in power draw it would make if you have a Clarkdale CPU (integrated IGP, whether you want it or not) on your system and you can have your GPU completely shut down unless you're gaming... Or on high-end notebooks, for that matter...

GeForce Boost is basically SLI between an IGP and a GPU. Since the normal SLI limitations still apply (you have to be using very similar hardware), you can only get GeForce Boost with something like the 8400/8500, and possibly the 9400/9500 cards. Which add quite a lot of power, and gaming performance goes from yucky to slightly less yucky. It's a decent boost, but SLI doesn't scale beyond 100%, which would be needed for most games being playable at decent resolutions and quality settings.

What HybridSLI doesn't include is Hybrid PhysX. Nor does it have to. You can use any GPU and offload PhysX effects to the IGP (or another non-SLIable GPU) for quite a while. That technology is more recent, but more broad.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Miguel

Thanks for taking the time to write an informative post. I especially like the phrase, "gaming performance goes from yucky to slightly less yucky." Your post actually helped me out a lot. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to write an informative post. I especially like the phrase, "gaming performance goes from yucky to slightly less yucky." Your post actually helped me out a lot. Thanks.
You're welcome. Receiving this kind of feedback is great.

As for the "yucky" comment, well, gaming with an IGP was always frowned upon since IGPs exist. Even if the 9x00i is probably one of, if not THE best gaming IGP around, let's face it, you get nowhere slowly if you crank up the resolution and/or image quality. Same thing with the lowest-end 8000 and 9000 series GPUs, there's just not enough juice to run any recent game at a decent pace at decent resolutions and image settings.

Put both of them together and it scales about as well as regular SLI solutions, which means you're getting nowhere but slightly faster.

In my book, HybridSLI (and any multi-GPU solution, for that matter) would only make sense if you could add as much GPU power as you wanted and the system would spread data processing according to the GPU/IGP capabilities. That way even a lowly 9300i would lend a (small) hand to something more powerful, like a 9800GT.

Maybe that new company can handle that. Until then, SLI and CrossFire, Hybrid or not don't make much sense to me, unless you have very deep pockets and game at ultra high-def resolutions (my 4870 1GB can handle FullHD gaming at decent speeds with ANY game I throw at it; I just need to consider if I REALLY need all those extra effects that only distract me when I game...).

OK, I'm digressing. I'm going to stop now.

Cheers.

Miguel

Some gaming data on the overclocked GPU:

I find I can play COD4 at 1280x720 resolution without a hitch as long as I turn the AA down, the same has held true for most games, I'm not a big gamer but just wanted to see if this GPU could handle something. Although I have not tried Crysis I assume that will be less then impressive given that the new game of the moment - Need For Speed Shift - is simply not very playable on this GPU. It just looks like complete crap at 1280x720 with the settings set to low and that kills the enjoyment for me, while the game physics seem to be what really eat up the GPU. Luckily for me Test Drive unlimited runs like a charm at 1280x720, as does Fifa 2010.

From the benchmarks I saw an 8500 card will almost be double as fast with the 9300 and boost, so I'm not sure I agree with "yucky" to "slightly less yucky" comment.

8500GT != 9300, well, maybe memory speed... An OC'd 8400GS will get you further (because of the same core, but the 8400gs is a newer revision).

I had both cards, and I'd recommend NOT using the 8500gt as a 'boost' card. A 9500gt, for 50W, would get far further.

I have a 120w power supply so I am wary of using any card at all, but if I could find a card that boosts my graphics capabilities and pulls very little power then that is what I would go for.

Hey all :)

As usual, long time lurker, 1st time poster.
Got myself a 9300-D-E a couple weeks ago, it's nearly impossible to get in my country, so I'm glad I managed to get ahold of at least this model.
I'm trying to build myself a nice little gaming machine, already have a Q9550s in there @ ~3100mhz (got the CPU for like reeeaaally cheap ^^), 4 gigs of DDR2-1066 and awaiting a Radeon HD 5770 in a week or 2.

Here's what it looks like so far:

img1185d.jpg

Added the extra fan on there since I'm running the 9300 at 600/1500 @ 1.2V

Made a few little necessity-mods to the board, the PWM heatsinks actually helped a lot, almost completely eliminating that annoying little hiss that was coming from area under load:

PWM heatsinks for the 3 phases on the back, shortened HSF cable.
(The 4th phase on top of the board has its' own little heatsink too)
USB Header covers and a heatsink for the HDA chip.
Nice little silicone standoffs to eliminate the vibration for now.

The power supply I'm using for it all

Now, I've had two questions for you people out there, hoping you could help me out with some advice.

First of all, I need another SATA port on this board, and from what I've noticed - this PCB has the layout to include one. What do you think would happen if I just soldered another SATA header on it (except for the warranty getting void, ofcourse)? I have the tools and skills to do it, but it would be nice to know whether I'd be doing it for nothing or not.

Secondly, I still haven't decided on a case. I want it to be a nice little tidy gaming machine, but I don't want it to be the humongous luggable, which, putting this into a Silverstone SG05/06, would turn it into. I am more into the idea of a slim case with an option of plugging a full-sized videocard in at the time of need.
I was thinking about getting an Antec ISK 300-65, throwing out that puny 65W PSU out and sticking in the insides of the HEC 300FE-2RX instead, looks like it would fit perfectly, especially considering that this case has a pre-hole for a regular PSU cable jack on the back.

As for the videocard option, I'm thinking of dremelling (is there such a word? lol) the side off into a neat little door that would open up to fit in the full-sized videocard in times of need... not sure of the specifics yet, but it seems doable.

So what do you think? Any sort of suggestions/ideas/criticizm/flaming would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:
Soldering another SATA connector on the board will not work.The BIOS or windows doesn't detect another port which means it's disabled in the controller. I've never heard of anybody managing to modify a controller to enable more ports and soldering on a connector certainly won't automatically enable it.

First of all, I need another SATA port on this board, and from what I've noticed - this PCB has the layout to include one. What do you think would happen if I just soldered another SATA header on it (except for the warranty getting void, ofcourse)? I have the tools and skills to do it, but it would be nice to know whether I'd be doing it for nothing or not.

Do the SATA ports support port multiplying? I remember somebody asking about this, but I don't recall what the answer was. If they DO, then could get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816111029

Or any kind of multi-port external enclosure that hooks up to your board via eSATA.

The easiest way would simply be to get a SATA controller card, but since you're going to be sticking a video card into the PCI-E slot, thats out of the question.

Back