ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

Ha, I actually don't have a 30' monitor but I do want the support for it, especially since it is really a no cost feature. Also, according to the users manual on zotac's website, the revision 3 board has 3 sata ports also. More than the 2560x1600 I want the last sata port.

-darkmatter08

I talked to zotac today and they said that the PCB V.3 has shipped to Newegg and Amazon. I placed my order on Amazon.com. Zotac said they would be willing to exchange the board in case I got the older versions. I am very excited about the order - I also ordered the Lian Li m-Itx PC-Q07 case with a combo deal on the ~420w Lian Li PSU.

-darkmatter08

Hi!

I´m the new guy :) First of all, excuse my english, maybe it´s not that good.

@darkmatter08: Could you please post a picture of the PCB-Version when you received your Board? - Only when it´s the 03-Version.

This is because:

Today Zotac-Germany told an user of the www.hardwareluxx.de -forum, that there is only a Boardrevision 1, Revision 2 should follow in late autumn. If the Zotac-Germany statement is right, then i think we austrians and germans get the leftovers...

Cheers, Roddy

Last edited:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Unfortunately, we do not guarantee revision numbers unless it is specifically noted on the item's description listed on our website. We do not have a way to physically get our hands on an item and tell you in advance what revision we currently have and should ship to you. However, our stock moves so fast that we usually have the latest version or revision of everything.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

How did I do today?

Eggcellent!

Poorly

Thank you,

Max Vaziri

Newegg.com

Once you know, you Newegg.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This communication is only for the person(s) named above. Unless otherwise indicated,
it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the person(s) named above, or responsible for
delivering it to that person(s), be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of this communication is strictly PROHIBITED. If you have received this
communication in error, or are uncertain as to its proper handling, please immediately
notify us by telephone and mail the original to us at the above address.

--- Original Message ---
Received: 7/29/09 3:28:44 PM PDT
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Newegg.com - >(Mail #290720092774608)*

Newegg.com - >(Mail #290720092774608)*

Email Address: [email protected]
Name: Joseph
Business/Agency/Institution:

Item#:ZOTAC GF9300-D-E

Message: Which version of the "ZOTAC GF9300-D-E" itx mother is available. I read on a forum the the "PCB V.3" has shipped to newegg & amazon. Here is the link: "http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1384187&page=49" Post #963 Thanks

Requested Mail Copy: No

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
Newegg.com Contact Us Automatic Email System.
ID:29072009 E4WEB004/E3SSL09
ClientIP :66.208.49.131
UserAgent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#215504-279947#>>

I decided to order through newegg instead because of a $20 MIR. The order should be coming in tomorrow and I will update everyone on the status.

-darkmatter08

I've got 3 questions here:

I have what I suspect (don't have the board with me right now) is a revision 1 mobo with a Q9650, 4 GB dual channel DDR2 1066, and a highly overclocked GTX 275. (runs crysis maxed out at 1080p/wuxga, hehe)

Has anyone asked zotac if there is a way we can exchange our mobos for a newer revision (maybe with an upgrade fee). I knew before I bought it that USB wake wouldn't work but was under the impression that dual link DVI would work. (even if it needed a BIOS update first)
At some point I definitely want to get a newer version with USB wake, Dual link DVI, and maybe more sata ports if we are lucky.

My other question is after seeing the posts about the board being able to go over 400 FSB as long as the northbridge stays cool, has anybody gotten a quad running at over 380 stable? (or ram running at 1066 stable or higher?)

The highest I ever got that would run through 3dmark 06 was running the quad at 3.375 GHz and the GPU around 735 core (stock 633) and something around 2550+ mem. (its a EVGA GTX 275 FTW thats already highly OCed)
This nets over 18,000 3dmarks.
However I need to back it down under 3.3 GHz to run stable calculating pi on all 4 cores simultaneously.
I can probably OC the gpu higher if I get enough airflow to it, but haven't done too much testing on it yet.

If its possible to crank this thing higher with better cooling I might replace the stock northbridge heatsink and put a super turbo fan on it. (my custom case is limited to about 60 mm height total though)

My 3rd question is has anybody gotten HDMI audio to work on XP64? I haven't messed with it in a while but I can enable both codecs in the BIOS, and install the driver (shows up in device manager) but the sound device is completely missing. When I get a chance maybe this weekend I'll get Win 7 64bit installed and test that, and maybe XP32 as well.

Edit: Also just so you guys know I have had no issues using this bootable USB dvd burner so I can keep the SATA ports free.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827190020
It has sata slim drive connections inside so possibly you can upgrade it to blu ray later but I haven't tested that.
I'm about to replace the dual usb connection with a dual usb mobo header connection.

I also installed the serial port right above the HDMI port after cutting a hole out. I find that extremely amusing.

Last edited:
I have not tried a quad, but I'm stuck at 370fsb on my e8400, was thinking it would have been better to get a lower clocked but higher multi processor as an e5400, but clock for clock mine is faster.

I've been told I can get better results by disabling the onboard GPU, are you doing that?

I've not tried to push it more since resetting BIOS on the SG05 is pretty painful

I chatted with Zotac customer support yesterday and they said that the REV 3 isn't shipping to the USA yet and there's no ETA available.

:(

I got a revision 1 board. I am going to call Zotac later this afternoon and see what they will do. But damn, this board is small!

@BertFTA, that is strange. I was told by 2 people at Zotac that I could buy the new revision immediately.

I got a revision 1 board. I am going to call Zotac later this afternoon and see what they will do. But damn, this board is small!

@BertFTA, that is strange. I was told by 2 people at Zotac that I could buy the new revision immediately.

Maybe my customer service rep didn't get the memo?

I'd like to order one but it kills me to buy it without the wake-on-USB working correctly. Of course, the Antec MultiMedia Basic module will turn it on--I bought one at Fry's for $19.95. On the other hand, if I upgrade to a DeNovo bluetooth keyboard, then I'll be S.O.L. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Yesterday I wrote an Email to Zotac-Germany if if there is a way to exchange the mobo for a newer revision (maybe with an upgrade fee).

Answer: This is not possible, especially as they don´t know when the new revision is hitting the market... :-(

Yesterday I wrote an Email to Zotac-Germany if if there is a way to exchange the mobo for a newer revision (maybe with an upgrade fee).

Answer: This is not possible, especially as they don´t know when the new revision is hitting the market... :-(

I wonder how much old inventory is still out there? That explains the rebate program -- trying to clear it out. I bet they drop the price to the distributor soon so that you'll be able to get an old rev at a discount and with a rebate. Price will go back up to list price once Rev3 hits the market. :(

Just as I suspected this supports RAID5 if you use the Esata as port 3.
I am just now hooking up 3 of those new seagate momentus 7200.4 500 GB laptop drives that took about 2 months to ship.
Right now I'm installing XP64 in RAID5 then I'll run HD tach, then I'll do it in RAID0. :D
This should be interesting. My 500GB momentus 5400.6 loads crysis a little slow all by itself.:p

Edit: Here is a benchmark of a single one of those drives through Esata in another computer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/BillFleming/seagate_500GB_7200rpm_laptop_drive1.png

Last edited:
"Wake on USB" and Dual-Link DVI Support - the third SATA port can be there but it seems this was a misprint in the manual of the MoBo.

With the right cables and adapters you can use the Esata-Port as SATA, this means: 1 internal DVD and 2 internal HDDs (1*3,5" + 1* 2,5").

From earlier in this thread, the Xbox 360 power supply is working with PW-200V but with a bit of a wrinkle. I have 2 Xbox 203w power supply bricks that I'm using. The first is 3 prong rev 00 with no fan and the second is a 2 prong rev 004 with a fan. The Rev 0 won't work. When trying to switch on the MB it shows a red fault light on startup. The Rev 4 starts up without a problem.

Here it is on the bench pulling between 35 and 45 watts. Next is to stress test with a video card.
027.JPG

Edit: Just for giggles, I tried a new Xbox 360 PSU (175W) rev 1, it works also. The Del DA-2 fails with the PW-200V but I may have blown a fuse in the last trial.

Last edited:
Are there any cases for ITX that accomodate dual slot cards? I was thinking about just building my own out of wood.

Are there any cases for ITX that accomodate dual slot cards? I was thinking about just building my own out of wood.

Silverstone Sugo SG05. It's technically a DTX case, but a popular choice for ITX builds. Loads of other threads about it, too.

I have had my eyes on this board + SG05 for a while now, after some research I decided on the following so far:

FYI: I am not planning on gaming on this system and will be used for trading, going to add a video card for 4 video outputs later.

- E5200 ( I was initially considering Q9550, but the thermal issues are going to restrict overclocking, plus E5200 has more room for overclocking. Not to forget it's much cheaper)

- ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

... Can the board handle 2 video outputs and will they work along with another Nvidia card with a total of 4 outputs ?

.... I came across the supported resolution and I remember they were different across the ports, does anybody have the exact specifications ?

- SG05

- Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800

- Cooler Master GeminII S + Yate Loon 120x120x20mm ( Medium Speed ) ... I will be using the fan which comes with the GeminII for front intake. The fan on the heat sink will throw air into the PSU.

I was also wondering if it's possible to use my old Dell Inspiron 1520 Notebook's DVD drive in the new build, the model number is (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T11N).

I don't want to spend the extra bucks on a slim drive. What is the cheapest slim drive I can find? And if I use it, I will only have one additional SATA port available for hard drive (which is discouraging) correct ?

Appreciate your feedback, Thanks.

There is a cheap (relatively) quadro card built for driving multiple outs, not sure on the model number though.

The yate loon may be too tall, you need an slimmer fan I think, mine is passive so not 100%

The dvd drive could work IF its a SATA unit, not otherwise

It looks like the DVD burner in my notebook is an IDE model, so I guess that's out of the window.

Anyone here interested in selling a used Zotac Geforce 9300 + SG05 combo and if available any of the things mentioned in my previous post ?

It looks like the DVD burner in my notebook is an IDE model, so I guess that's out of the window.

Anyone here interested in selling a used Zotac Geforce 9300 + SG05 combo and if available any of the things mentioned in my previous post ?

YHPM

danishfk, The board can handle dual video output by itself and you can boot from a USB dvd slim burner to save the SATA ports for hard drives. (my slim burner had an internal sata connection too)

At the moment with the newer (dual link enabled) revision, you could run for example, 1920x1200 on the HDMI and 2560x1600 on the dual link DVI at the same time, plus whatever the add on card can do.
I've tested quad digital HD output already using the board and a GTX 275 hooked up. (no issues)
You can probably run 2048×1536 on the VGA but I haven't tested it yet. (I could this weekend)

I'd personally recommend that you pick up some 1066 speed ram because you can run it at at least 1000 MHz stable instead of 800.

From earlier in this thread, the Xbox 360 power supply is working with PW-200V but with a bit of a wrinkle. I have 2 Xbox 203w power supply bricks that I'm using. The first is 3 prong rev 00 with no fan and the second is a 2 prong rev 004 with a fan. The Rev 0 won't work. When trying to switch on the MB it shows a red fault light on startup. The Rev 4 starts up without a problem.

Here it is on the bench pulling between 35 and 45 watts. Next is to stress test with a video card.

Edit: Just for giggles, I tried a new Xbox 360 PSU (175W) rev 1, it works also. The Del DA-2 fails with the PW-200V but I may have blown a fuse in the last trial.

instead of using a PW-200V, would using the picoPSU-150-XT with the xbox power brick work? do you know which revision of these power bricks work and which doesn't with the 150-XT?

This motherboard has a 8-pin removable PDIP bios chip:

zotac9300geforcebioschip.jpg

Has anybody tried to hot-flash this chip on a Shuttle board or viceversa?

instead of using a PW-200V, would using the picoPSU-150-XT with the xbox power brick work? do you know which revision of these power bricks work and which doesn't with the 150-XT?

Yes it works with an PicoPSU 150 also. Again the 203 Rev 00 did not work but the 175W newer supply did. YMMV.

Very interesting, I am running the Dual Core ATOM board as my main rig currently and I love it. :D

Back