ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

The MI-100 case I have only has vents on one side. Im thinking about getting a meorb but cant find anything about how well they work. Im using the noctua fans to bring air in through the vent and the evercool slot fan to draw it out. For the little amount of gaming I do Ill just leave the 9300 alone.

Thanks a lot for the help

The MeOrb cools very well, but it won't fit in the Apex case with the included PSU or the MPU heatsink. I've got some pictures of my setup a few pages back.

Hi there!

New to this place, already installed my Zotac 9300ITX Wifi setup a few days back, and since I'm here in the Philippines, it's freaking hot!!!

Anyway, my setup goes like this:

Intel Q9550
Zotac 9300 ITX
2x2GB Team Xtreem Dark 1066 CL6
1TB Western Digital Green Power
Zotac 8600GT (No stock for the 4770, sheesh)
Silverstone SG-05

So anyway, I can see your OC's here are pretty good. I'm stuck at DDR2-933, linked or unlinked. Upgraded the chipset HSF and it went a few degrees down, but still my oc didn't change. Anything else you guys can help me with to increase the oc?

Also, is there anyone with a Scythe Big Shuriken with a Silverstone SG-05 case here? I'm going to get my stock next week but I'm not quite sure if it'll fit. The Thermaltake Blue Orb 2 didn't fit my case, so I removed the case's cover and currently running it bare. :(

Thanks a lot!!!

H50 as in corsair watercooling? GeminII ftw I'n my opinion, but his processor has a higher TDP

@seanclayton: The H50 would've been great, but the 3.5 enclosure is in the way for the Rad.

@fr500: I was considering that too, but as you said, my processor has a higher TPD.

The reason I was really opting for the big shuriken is because it cools the chipset and the rams too. But the SG-05 is a really limited case in terms of cooling. The Scythe Shuriken isn't a performer and fails miserably. The Zalman 8700NT is out of stock here in our country and I might order thru ebay instead. The Blue Orb 2 is too big for the case. Any other inputs? :)

Hello Everyone!

Have you tried using a MIC with our Zotac board? I'm currently giving it a try so I can practice my karaoke skills, unfortunately my voice seems to be delayed as it gets out of the speakers. Weird. Wonderin' if anyone is also experiencing anything like this.

...but you might want to try a 1st-gen XBox 360 PSU, which outputs something like 203W of peak power...

Thanks Miguel, looks like the problem is in the brick. I hooked up a 100w power supply (without the video card) and it starts fine. I'll try the Xbox PSU next.

Thanks Miguel, looks like the problem is in the brick. I hooked up a 100w power supply (without the video card) and it starts fine. I'll try the Xbox PSU next.

No prob. Glad to help. Do try to get the 16.5A@12V version, the 360 has had like three or four different power bricks over time...

Also, and I didn't read properly the first time I answered your original post, it should be expected that setup didn't work with a dedicated GPU... That thing pulls about 50W by itself, most of it, if not all, from the 12V. Considering a low-power system based off that board (using a much more power-friendly 45nm CPU) idles around 45W, my guess is spin-up will trip any fuse, and even idling won't help much...

Just to be a meanie, try running the system without the 6-pin GPU connector on. NVIDIA GPUs enter "ultra-low-power mode" when they're run without the power plug connected (at least the 6600GT I had did that), with a tiny power draw. Until you get a more suitable brick, it might help (though I don't know if a 9600GT at those reduced settings would be better than the 9300mGPU... lol)

@Cookie: Audio lag from mic to speakers is just about a given in probably 95% of regular consumer situations. I, for one, have never been able to get "direct" mic-to-speaker sound in ANY of my computers to date... You need an ASIO-ready sound card (last ones I knew of were the Soundblaster Audigy and X-Fi series, both in the high-end variants). That will usually net you sub-2ms lag times, which I'd say are pretty decent.

Cheers.

Miguel

Last edited:
In my experience, the newer video cards will scream at you in a very high pitched squeal until you shut it off. I would be interested to know if that's not the case on the mid range cards.

Oh it worked for about 2 hours or so with the 9600GT Low Power Low Profile card. Specs were as follows and you could see a big increase in performance. Max power draw during testing was 145W and no squealing, just fan noise from the GPU cooler. The 9600 GT LPLP doesn't have a 6 pin connector tho.

Results:
Watts
IGP - 35/80w
9600GT (idle/load) - 50/145w

3DMark06
IGP - 1866
9600GT - 10071

3DMark Vantage
IGP - E3966
9600GT E19085/P5006

In my experience, the newer video cards will scream at you in a very high pitched squeal until you shut it off. I would be interested to know if that's not the case on the mid range cards.
I was referring to semi low-power models, not high-end ones. I wouldn't dream of trying that with anything higher than the modern equivalent of the 6600GT (mine was the AGP version, btw).

Though it would be a blast having a 4870X2, or other such beast, trying to sip under 75W (the max a PCIe slot can supply, if memory serves me right)... lol

Oh it worked for about 2 hours or so with the 9600GT Low Power Low Profile card.
In that case, it probably forced the brick for too much time. It might have happened something like what happens with CPUs when you put too much voltage through them (partially loosing the ability to OC because of electromigration). Not the very same thing, but overstressing components can decrease its normal working conditions...

Max power draw during testing was 145W and no squealing, just fan noise from the GPU cooler. The 9600 GT LPLP doesn't have a 6 pin connector tho.
That 145W max power draw is too much for just about any brick on the market I know of... That's more than a 12A normal current draw requirement (145W might happen frequently, and for more than 30'' at a time, while taxing the system, so a 12A+ peak power brick would not be a very good idea). Only the elusive Dell 200W brick and the 1st-gen XBOX 360 can handle that without breaking too much of a sweat...

Also, if space is not at a premium, I'd recomend an SFX/uATX PSU. They're actually rather small, and do appear in 80mm fan variants, not only those whining 40mm ones, and can put out as much as 350 to 400W.

Cheers.

Miguel

In that case, it probably forced the brick for too much time. It might have happened something like what happens with CPUs when you put too much voltage through them (partially loosing the ability to OC because of electromigration). Not the very same thing, but overstressing components can decrease its normal working conditions...

Could be, other users have reported a problem with the Dell DA-2 brick and DC-DC PW-200-(V or M). The DA-2 (12V 18A 220W) is the one that I am using.

Space is the primary reason that I'm using the brick instead of SFF PSU. I'm trying to cram it into a found case mod so I've got to sort it with a brick. Hopefully the Xbox 360 (203W) w/ a PW-200 will work.

@__Miguel_

Do you think a "Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 External " would eliminate the sound lag? I can't use PCI or PCIe sound cards since our Zotac board doesn't have an extra one.

I bought this mobo 2 weeks ago and I like it, but I have a little problem. I don't know how can I OC my cpu in this board.
I've zotac 9300 itx
Intel q8200
2x2 gb geil black dragon ddr2 800 mhz cl4.
Can somebody tell me what setting I need to use to OC the cpu?

thanks a lot ( and sorry of my english:rolleyes:)

You need to increase the FSB...but you should read more about overclocking first

Could be, other users have reported a problem with the Dell DA-2 brick and DC-DC PW-200-(V or M). The DA-2 (12V 18A 220W) is the one that I am using.
Hmmm, for some reason I thought you were using a smaller brick, not the Dell one. But if can't handle that load, then it's WAAAAY over-rated...

Space is the primary reason that I'm using the brick instead of SFF PSU. I'm trying to cram it into a found case mod so I've got to sort it with a brick. Hopefully the Xbox 360 (203W) w/ a PW-200 will work.
Good luck. I haven't tried it myself, mind you. But considering the power hog the original X360 was, you might be in the clear... lol

Just be carefull on how you wire that thing, and make your cable from the connector to the DC-DC board is thick enough, 200W running through a tiny wire can literally cause a meltdown...

@__Miguel_

Do you think a "Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 External " would eliminate the sound lag? I can't use PCI or PCIe sound cards since our Zotac board doesn't have an extra one.
I never heard about that card (I just saw it right now on the Creative website), so I can't really help you there. Sorry. :(

Try searching the manual (or forums) for ASIO support on that particular card.

Do keep in mind, though, that external and low-end models tend not to support all the functions high-end internal models have, and are often re-badged older models (if memory serves me right, the low-end X-Fi came from the Audigy era, it's not really a SPU like the regular X-Fi).

Cheers.

Miguel

my settings.
BIOS- ADVANCED CHIPSETT FEATURES-SPREAD SPECTRUM CONTROLL

to find right palce :)

from top.

enabled
triangular......
triangular.......
disabled

hope this work :)

I really want to do 8GIGS,but 8 is 4 times the price of 4 gb, when u only have 2 mem slots.....

tried this settings but no luck,it will not post with memory in both slots,but when it does post with both memory on the slots (very rarely) after about 15 minutes the screen start to get fuzzy and coloured lines appear to, till i need to restart ,but it will not post unless i remove the memory in slot 2.HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

Hey, reposting my post from avsforum because the pics might help people in their builds

Here are some photos of my mi-008 build.. I'm using the silverstone nt07 cooler and I decided to put the hard drive in the 5 1/4" drive bay using 3.5 to 5.25 adapter plates. you can see how little space there is behind the drive.. right angled cables would have helped here

Hi, bad news here. I don't know if that has been clarified before, but I sent an email to Zotak, asking whether underclocking / undervolting might be implemented in one of the future BIOS updates.

Have just received a reply. They said that "this feature will not be supported as it may cause the system to become unstable."
I think that is a lame excuse because underclocking / undervolting can be done easily, like on many other motherboards.

I currently run a P43 board with an e8400. Am I going to be giving up any significant performance with this board? I plan to use the SG05 and keep my dual slot video card.

Also can someone point out the suggested slot load dvd burner for use with the SG05? Is the adapter included with the case all I would need for that?

No probs there unless you did heavy OC with the P43 (whatever that is, I've always used evga boards)

You can probably OC up to 3.8-4Ghz with these board. Of course you mileage may vary, and is a good overall performer.

P43 is the chipset. The board is an ASUS P5QL-E that I bought from a member here. Not too worried about overclocking really though I did get to 3.6 stable just buy bumping FSB to 400 with no other changes. I'm content with the CPU at stock speed if need be. Does everything I need it to plenty quick.

Any suggestion on the burner? And do I need to order additional adapters?

I find it pretty quick considering the price and the size.

I have 2 PCs, the Sugo one is an [email protected] with a GTS250, my main rig is an e8500 watercooled @ 4.2GHz with two 8800GTX in SLI and 8GB of Corsair Dominators.

How do they compare? well the big one is unbeliavably smooth after playing on the small one, but framerates are pretty similar except in GTA or prototype where extra CPU power really shines, on CPU bound apps the lil box struggles a little. otherwise it's fine and pretty mighty for the size.

As for the optical, I went for the silverstone SOD01 which includes the slim sata power wire required, on another build I made for a customer I went for the silverstone TOB02 likewise includes all the required cables.

What cooler are you going to use?

Probably just the stock cooler at stock speed. If I replace the cooler it will be for silence, not performance.

Was hoping I didn't have to spend 90 bucks on a dvd burner.

Not much choice, the case includes a slimline IDE converter but the zotac board doesnt feature IDE ports anymore, maybe you can get an adapter though.

I use GeminII, can't go quieter than that (my setup is passive)

Bit of advice guys.
About to pull the trigger on some RAM for this board, does anyone see any problems with Corsair XMS2 (TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX)?

what slim drive is everyone using that fits well into the sg05 case, cant seem to find the silverstone drive on newegg

what slim drive is everyone using that fits well into the sg05 case, cant seem to find the silverstone drive on newegg

Here it is, Or the Bluray one here

Bit of advice guys.
About to pull the trigger on some RAM for this board, does anyone see any problems with Corsair XMS2 (TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX)?

I have those, it'll do

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
using OCZ TECHNOLOGY OCZ2B10664GK 4GB DDR2 2x2gb kit and it's rock solid. the heatsinks are so high it slightly blocks cables for the 3.5" bay

slim drive: I'm using the Samsung SN S082D. Didn't know that you need an adapter for that though, but works perfectly.

Has anybody tried the BIOS update 2K090602? Any problems updating from the 2K090422 Version?

I've tried it, after update and restart, computer hanged up on full screen zotac logo, after reset it booted properly. When I've rebooted computer, hang up happened again but turning of a full screen zotac logo was a solution. But now, when full screen zotac logo is disabled, every time i boot up my system there is annoying Memory Test ;_ ;
Anybody have some solution?

Can't believe how they completely ignored all the calls for undervolting and the like. This BIOS merely fixes a single bug and it took them like 2 months? :(

Q9650
4GB Ram DDR2 800mhz
Zotac 9300-ITX Wifi
WD 1TB Black Edition
Nvidia GTS250 1GB
DVD ROM
1x120mm fan

Would the SG06's 300W psu be able to run this?

Thanks for your help guys :D

Q9650
4GB Ram DDR2 800mhz
Zotac 9300-ITX Wifi
WD 1TB Black Edition
Nvidia GTS250 1GB
DVD ROM
1x120mm fan

Would the SG06's 300W psu be able to run this?

Thanks for your help guys :D

You should have no problems at all. I had the same rig but with a GTX260.

Back