ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

I had issues with the adapter loosing connection when left active for a long time - I seemed to have slightly better luck with the wireless driver from VIAs website but the conenction was still flakey.

Same for me. Thing is, I have now installed Ubuntu 9.10 with this board: the VT6656 is not supported out of the box, but VIA has released the source for the driver (32-bit version) so it's fairly easy to compile and install. And it seems to be working better than the Windows version. Go figure. Now the Linux 64-bit driver is another problem altogether...

Anyone know of, or can link to, a comparison between the G45/9300 from a power consumption/heat output perspective?

hi guys. in these days I'm trying to do a bit of overclock with my 9300 G-E, but I have a problem. I disable C1E ,set the multiplier from bios and give +0,1 vcore, but when windows star (7 64bit) the vcore hasn't chang. perhaps there is another setting?

hi guys. in these days I'm trying to do a bit of overclock with my 9300 G-E, but I have a problem. I disable C1E ,set the multiplier from bios and give +0,1 vcore, but when windows star (7 64bit) the vcore hasn't chang. perhaps there is another setting?

Are you using cpuz to monitor it?

I have the same board. changing the voltage up or down doesn't seem to change anything for me either. When you turn off C1E, does it actually work?

Well it seems to me that the number reported by cpuz doesn't change (I remember noticing it too) but the voltage DOES change. I plugged in a Kill-A-Watt and I ran mprime (Prime95 for Linux) with 2 different voltage settings in the BIOS and power used was significantly different. Has anyone else tried this in Windows?

You can go with an H50 if you have a place to mount a 120mm radiator.

I don't have a place unfortunately, the cords would be too short of the H50. Anyone got another suggestion?

Can anyone tell me how to check if the RAID drivers are installed, if they aren't I've downloaded them from Zotac's site, how do you install them. cheers

kinda new here but i figured id share my build with you guys. its a NES PC case mod. nothing new by any means but still fun to look at.

150watt Pico power supply. i added the heat sinks... well cuz im crazy. :rolleyes:

3fd33ca1.jpg

Xbox 360 power adapter (175watt version)

a1898b14.jpg

50mm fan wired for 5v

fc3b402d.jpg

shortening the wire length on the stock Intel cooler

131f8c60.jpg

adding shrinkwrap

23fa729d.jpg

46b6d2a5.jpg

much cleaner looking now. :)

b8894c2a.jpg

wiring up the front panel buttons

2e1cfee2.jpg

i just had to and the blue LED :rolleyes:

d26a2c2b.jpg

shrink wrapped the power wires coming from the Pico PS for a cleaner look

a1343d83.jpg

24430461.jpg

changing out the stock controller ports for this 4 port USB thingy i made. (this way it can support 4 controllers for multi player games. :wacko:

8c66707f.jpg

soldiering up a super Nintendo controller to a USB cord

815efbd3.jpg

d73b7f01.jpg

gutting the insides for a MAJOR hardware upgrade. :dremel:

f2d79b35.jpg

grinding down all the unneeded posts and adding the I/O plate.

67037b8c.jpg

reused the original plastic posts as the standoffs for the mobo. added the 50mm fan (its a exhaust fan) this way air will draw in from the slits on the top part of this picture over when the HDD is going and also the air will come in through the slits in the top of the case, which is right where the CPU cooler will sit.

0ef2f085.jpg

fcaf8825.jpg

used double sided tape to mount the HDD and keep some wires from showing them selves on the "pretty" side of the build.

1febd68f.jpg

aab3b74f.jpg

3510f30b.jpg

all together! :)

ffe1a17f.jpg

8d286b68.jpg

53f33cba.jpg

i love the way the USB ports look. :)

3a17bc74.jpg

backside.

99e3c1b2.jpg

nice modding skills...my old nes pc (RIP) was nowhere as well done, pretty pretty nice congrats!

thanks guys! :)

@ updawg

i have a similar set up performance wise. (Asus 1201n) the Atom330/ION is a very nice low power solution with a nice kick to it.

speaking of low power....

has anyone noticed any difference in temps when lowering the voltages in the bios? i have everything as low as it can go and it didn't seem to affect my temps at all. i know i don't exactly have the a ton of air moving thru the NES but i was hope for better undervolting experience.

i have the 9300-I-E model if that makes any difference.

so what about cpuz and vcore on over/under clocking? it's a bug of the software, or voltages doesn't really change?

I say the voltages do change, cos my CPU crashes when I undervolt and overclock on this board, but is totally stable when I put the voltage back to stock, technically it should produce less heat also with undervolt.

I am now 100% sure that voltage does change. I have run 1h of OCCT for 4 different voltage settings (-0.1, -0.05, default, +0.1) and both power usage at the wall socket and temperature of the cores have been affected. For each 0.05V, it adds a 2-3W and a couple of degrees celsius to the temperature ON LOAD (I have a E5300). All the while cpuz has reported the same voltage value.

At idle, I can't seem to notice any difference. Maybe power usage is so low to start with that impact is minimal (it's 0.05V out of ~1.25V more or less 4%. If your CPU idle near 15W, that's hard to notice, and well within the margin of errors of the Kill-A-Watt).

Last thing, and I feel it's an important one: on my other machine (E5300 on G33M-DS2R), the cpuz field is clearly labeled Core Voltage. On the Zotac 9300, it's clearly labeled VID, which is something entirely different and which shoudn't change (it's the standard voltage to run the CPU). My guess is that cpuz has no access to the Core Voltage on the Zotac, and it only reports VID. So in short cpuz ISN'T WRONG, but it is useless for overclocking on this board.

edit: between the -0.1V and +0.1V settings I observed a difference of 4-5W idle at the wall.

Last edited:
@ NichoTL

thanks for looking into that and giving pretty solid proof on your findings.

i guess it makes sense that we wont really see much of a difference in temps @ idle or small load with such small voltage increment decrease.

hmmm i might have to add a second fan to my case or get a 45nm CPU... :(

Can anyone tell me how to check if the RAID drivers are installed, if they aren't I've downloaded them from Zotac's site, how do you install them. cheers

Can someone please help me with this? I wanting to setup RAID 0 on Windows 7, but I don't want to have to re-install?

just download the latest nForce driver from NVidia's web site and install it. Then you can manage the RAID from the NVIDIA control panel after you enable RAID on the BIOS.

So guys I need some info on this mobo as im looking to up/downgrade to an ITX platform for my 775 rig.

The main thing i need to know is the Hybrid SLi that's avail on the board, what generation of Geforce will that work with? Im gonna get myself a Lian Li PC-Q07B so the only choices i can see are single slot 8800GT's but I wonder that as its an older card would the Hybrid SLi work with it? or would i need a newer card?

The dilemma im seeing is that all the current gen Nvidia cards are all double slot which the PC-Q07 will have issues with. i would like to have a gfx card thats capable playing the Source games only at decent rez with no issues however all the current stuff from Nvidia look pants.

If worse comes to worse I may have to keep my Sapphire 4870 and rehouse the HDD in a different slot.

So Hybrid SLi would it be worth it or not?

So guys I need some info on this mobo as im looking to up/downgrade to an ITX platform for my 775 rig.

The main thing i need to know is the Hybrid SLi that's avail on the board, what generation of Geforce will that work with? Im gonna get myself a Lian Li PC-Q07B so the only choices i can see are single slot 8800GT's but I wonder that as its an older card would the Hybrid SLi work with it? or would i need a newer card?

The dilemma im seeing is that all the current gen Nvidia cards are all double slot which the PC-Q07 will have issues with. i would like to have a gfx card thats capable playing the Source games only at decent rez with no issues however all the current stuff from Nvidia look pants.

If worse comes to worse I may have to keep my Sapphire 4870 and rehouse the HDD in a different slot.

So Hybrid SLi would it be worth it or not?

As far as I can tell, Hybrid SLI no longer works unless you use a very old driver, and even then only with cards like the 8400GS, and 8500GT.

Hybrid Power seems to still work though, which would drop your power consumption when not playing games, and you can use the on-board GPU for PhysX. I believe said feature works with all nVidia cards.

I don't own the board though, and am purely going on what I've read from users, so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm fairly sure that Hybrid Power is not supported. And I thought that Hybrid-SLI was. Anyway that's a moot point because SLI-ing the 9300 with a 8800GT is not worth it. The performance gain would be very tiny compared to a 8800GT alone (if gain there is). But people sometimes choose to use the 9300 for PhysX.

Ok you guys have a point, however is Hybrid Power still supported for the older cards? like the 8800GT?

Or am i wasting my time and just buy a discreet gfx card with the system.

It's only possible to link with an 8400gt or 8500 iirc

Just buy an ATI 5770 or similar

just download the latest nForce driver from NVidia's web site and install it. Then you can manage the RAID from the NVIDIA control panel after you enable RAID on the BIOS.

When I run the latest nforce drive 15.49 I only get the following options SMU Driver, Away mode driver and Ethernet driver. I doesn't give me graphics because I have an ATI card installed but why wouldn't it give me Storage Controller. I can see the RAID drivers in the extracted Nvidia directory. But why doesn't it give me any option to install? If I set to RAID mode in Bios with or without a RAID setup I get a blue screen.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

When I run the latest nforce drive 15.49 I only get the following options SMU Driver, Away mode driver and Ethernet driver. I doesn't give me graphics because I have an ATI card installed but why wouldn't it give me Storage Controller. I can see the RAID drivers in the extracted Nvidia directory. But why doesn't it give me any option to install? If I set to RAID mode in Bios with or without a RAID setup I get a blue screen.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Wild guess: you might need to re-install Windows with the BIOS set to RAID and provide Windows (during installation) with nVidia RAID drivers...
Maybe it's possible to switch from non-RAID to RAID after installation, but I'm not sure. Maybe force the installation of the RAID drivers (if it's possible) and then switch to RAID in the BIOS. Wild guesses, really.

What aftermarket coolers are people using? I noticed that the distance between the chipset HS and the CPU HSF is very close, well at least with a stock Intel HSF.

Was thinking of this enzotech cooler:
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556068426.html
It has provisions for a fan, comes wiht three different mounting rings, and AS Ceramique. I meant to measure the distance between the stock cooler pins but forgot to before I assembled.

Power supplies; was thinking of going pico, but now thinking a low end modular ATX unit. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? I hear many PSUs are very inefficient when not being loaded.

I'm looking to replace the stock intel cooler on my board.
My setup:

Zotac 9300-ITX (old version with 2 SATA and DDR2)
Pentium Dual-core E5300 @2.6GHz
2x 1gb DDR2 kingston hyperX
8800GT 512mb
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite.

What coolers fit the board? I only have around 100mm clearance above.

I was thinking off:
Zalman CNPS7000C-Cu
Thermaltake Blue Orb II
Scythe Shuriken Rev. B

Will one of these fit?

Does the Shuriken stick out from any side of the board? Because at the "top" of the board I dont have any clearance.

I don't think it does. I know that the Big Shuriken does stick, but not by much so the normal SHuriken should be ok... (not 100% sure).

Back