ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

is that the newest BIOS update with the fixes and such? I cant tell what version is from what date as its just a jumble of letters and numbers it seems. I am hesitant to try it though as i cant be sending it back for a new one if it doesnt work.

is that the newest BIOS update with the fixes and such? I cant tell what version is from what date as its just a jumble of letters and numbers it seems. I am hesitant to try it though as i cant be sending it back for a new one if it doesnt work.

Look at the date, it's most likely not the newest. If your board is running, I would leave it like it is.

I contacted Zotac on Twitter and directed them to this thread (the page where we ask for undervolting and thermal management).

Answer:
will pass on the information to our product manager and update everyone later.

Just to keep you up to date.

You guys know you get a lifetime warranty with this board if you register? Pretty cool...

Hopefully they update/fix the BIOS though, that seems to be the only thing holding it back.

Just bug them politely to show that some features would be really appreciated. Community feedback is valuable for them aswell, so it might be a win-win situation.

@Blazestorm

Can you register the board even if you bought it a couple of months ago already? Bought mine from Amazon.

i read they are still working on a BIOS, the one that is on there is just fixed for all the people that were bricking their boards, its still the same one from before

I'd probably wait until the final revision/most stable BIOS is released. I flashed my board with the 410 version of the BIOS and everything is working fine.

BTW, my MCP temp. is around 65c, how about you guys and gals?

My MCP temp swings between 32@idle and 44max@stress, i've changed thermal compound to arctic ceramique before I connected everything to my 9300-itx.

i just changed out mine today with good thermal paste and mine holds right around 36 c, and just installed the geminII S along with it and seems to be doing a good job so far. That thing is massive haha. Still havent decided if i want to go with (1) 120 mm fan or (2) 92 mm fans and direct them toward the northbridge to help with cooling

Your Temps are quite low compared to my 65c, what case and set up are you using with your 9300 itx?

I already tried to apply Zalman Thermal grease but I still get the same temp.

My case right now is SG05 btw.

@Blazestorm

Can you register the board even if you bought it a couple of months ago already? Bought mine from Amazon.

No idea, I registered it and sent out for a rebate at the same time.

I didn't know it had a lifetime till I looked at the manual or something and it was saying lifetime warranty for USA if you register... maybe its' within 30 days maybe it's whenever you register (as long as you're the first owner) I don't know for sure though.

Your Temps are quite low compared to my 65c, what case and set up are you using with your 9300 itx?

I already tried to apply Zalman Thermal grease but I still get the same temp.

My case right now is SG05 btw.

I'm out of case at the moment, but i will make a video tape recorder case mod soon :p
I have e5200 with its low profile cooler which is cooling a chipset radiator a bit.

My NB idles at about +20C over ambient, and loads at ~40C above. This translates to ~45C idle, 65C load. This is with direct airflow from a 120x20mm fan.

Without any airflow at all, idle temps were at 75C, and full 3D load caused throttling at >90C. This is all with the stock thermal paste.

While the NB can take quite a bit of heat, I would certainly try to get some airflow if you are idling at 65C, depending on your ambient temps and case fan setup.

My idle temps is 65c, after 2 hrs of Crysis and 1hr of Fall Out 3 it rarely reaches 70c, my MCP temp usually sits around 67c during load. My CPU btw is water cooled and the only air flow that reaches the MCP HS is the one coming from the 120mm fan located in front of the SG05 (I suspect this as the reason why I have such high idle temp)

I'll try to put a 40mm fan on top of the MCP HS and see if it makes a difference.

BTW: Has anyone tried DeepCool NB 2 chipset cooler? Try to google it, it looks like it could do the job of cooling our zotac 9300 itx's MCP :)

Manufactured thermal paste is a piece of ****, what is more, they apply too much of it what makes temperatures higher.

70C under full load is no problem. It is a bit curious that your idle and load delta is so narrow, though.

In reference to the cooler you mentioned, I have not tried it, but I have doubts that it would be any better than the stock cooler, if you could even mount it. From what others have reported, replacing the stock TIM is good for a solid drop in temps, and if you did mount a 40mm fan, it would drop temps by at least another 5-10C.

I ordered one of these http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=54_197&products_id=22611 .

It should fit. I measure 2.5" between mouning holes which should fall right in there for the biggest mounting ring for the heatsink....or possibly just a little oblonging of the hol to fit.\. If you watercool, I think the EK universal #5 NB block will probably fit

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=59_241&products_id=23638

Gonna try making my own single CPU/NB waterblock, although I expect it to probably not work out well since I have no milling experince and getting my coper stock to make flat contact with both the CPU and NB will be tricky for me.. Still should be fun to try.

Please report your temps with stock and enzotech heatsink when you get it.

Gonna try making my own single CPU/NB waterblock, although I expect it to probably not work out well since I have no milling experince and getting my coper stock to make flat contact with both the CPU and NB will be tricky for me.. Still should be fun to try.

Good luck with that... or maybe you should give that idea a second thought? ;)

I used the following:
zotac 9300 itx/wifi
q9450 @2.96
8800gt
sg05
1tb wd
g.skill 4-4-4-12 ddr800 (for some reason this board won't run it at 4-4-4-12)
geminII cpu cooler (the monster one that barly fits)

Initial problems: the cpu ran really hot (stock) and I had to stop it after 2 min of prime95 because core1 was hitting the upper 60s, and the system would not boot with 4-4-4-12 ram timings.

So... I lapped the cpu and heatsink, removed the fan filter, and added a fan over the back right blowing in. This dropped the temps by about 10 degrees at full load and allowed me to get 370x8 = 2960, although this motherboard seems to hit a wall for fsb in the 370s (crashed at 375). This is all on default vcore, so the heat difference was not really dfferent from stock to oc'd settings.

For it's size this thing is quick. Also, it has no problem streaming blu-ray's or other HD stuff over a gigabit network.

stablem.png

I stuck a 40mm fan over my MCP but it only slightly made my temp better,now my idle is @ 63c & my load 66. I'm also wondering why my idle & load temp delta is too narrow. I might need a stronger 40mm fan since I barely feel any air from my current one.

I used the following:
zotac 9300 itx/wifi

How did you get the bios settings to stick? Everytime I try to overclock it just fails. half the time I try to boot-up it will just run the fan's at full speed and display no video, then if you hit the reset it works fine.

I'm 99% sure this is just the BIOS... but any other thoughts... did you ever update your BIOS?

I stuck a 40mm fan over my MCP but it only slightly made my temp better,now my idle is @ 63c & my load 66. I'm also wondering why my idle & load temp delta is too narrow. I might need a stronger 40mm fan since I barely feel any air from my current one.

Is the sink itself hot? If not, perhaps it needs to be reseated, possibly with better thermal 'grease'.

Is the sink itself hot? If not, perhaps it needs to be reseated, possibly with better thermal 'grease'.

this is ttha whole issue :) ive been really bugged out by crazy chipsett temps, their not supposed to be that high with the BIG heatsink and the good airflow.

so i remowed it, thermal paset looked alot like AS5, and just by chance i noticed that theres no contact. there is a some rubber foam under the heatsink building it up to make it more steady, but this is to thick, and thus no contact between chipsett and heatsink.

So if many of u are having to high temps u probably have the same issue, temps are down 30-40 celcius :D

i have been looking at cases for this and looking for something that has room for the geminII s, its going to be for a car pc so not looking for a huge case. I've looked at the SG05 and the lian li, both seem nice are there any others i should consider? Will the geminii s fit well in both? looks like the lian li is a bit taller.

If anyone cares, I'll be selling off my SG05, Zotac 9300, Geminii and Geminii S pretty soon... last 2 are unused...

Decided to go another route... just gonna build me a nice big I7 ;) only used them for testing so far, except the heatsinks.

My MCP temps is now better! Thanks for all the advice. I removed the rubber thingy under the MCP heatsink and then re-applied STG1 and viola! My MCP temp @ idle is still high but its now 60c and my load temp is now 62c. I'll give the STG1 a couple of days to settle in and hope that my MCP temps still drops :)

My temps @ idle are the following:
MCP = 60c
Core 1 = 35c
Core 2 = 37c
Core 3 = 37c
Core 4 = 35c
GPU = 50c
HDD = 35c

BTW: has anyone made any succesful attempt in undervolting zotac 9300 itx? Could you share how you've done it please. I've been looking around the net for sometime now to now avail.

Last edited:
no undervolting options are possible, we are waiting for a bios that hopefully cointais this option. this mobo really needs this option, i tested the board with my quad X3219 B3, it only needs 1,0V but gets 1,25V. this makes a difference of 40W during load.... and thats for the much needed 12A rail on the psu.

I have problem booting with 2 memory sticks, is it a normal problem?

no undervolting options are possible, we are waiting for a bios that hopefully cointais this option. this mobo really needs this option, i tested the board with my quad X3219 B3, it only needs 1,0V but gets 1,25V. this makes a difference of 40W during load.... and thats for the much needed 12A rail on the psu.

I have problem booting with 2 memory sticks, is it a normal problem?

What memory sticks are you using? Mine does not have any problem booting with 2 sticks. I use 2x2gb DDR2 800 Team Xtreem rams 4-4-4-10 capable @ 2.1v but with zotac 9300 itx I have to settle for 5-5-5-18 @ 1.9v to make things stable, but I haven't really experimented with the ram voltages maybe my ram needs more juice to do 4-4-4-10.

Back