ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

Wait, so the onboard HDMI and DVI cannot be operated simultaneously? They are using the same output with different connector? Oh well three monitors is plenty, I guess. Four could still work if the VGA is independent from the onboard HDMI/DVI. Just can't have four digital outputs - only three digital, one analog.

Is that a good deal for my first SSD drive ?

www.geek.com

They're out of stock atm, but I have put my email address in the notifications list.

some random review said:
The GeForce 9300 chipset natively supports two digital outputs so it can support both DVI and HDMI out simultaneously.

I didn't specify the chipset features. From what I've read, mobo manufacturers have chosen not to support dual digital for whatever reason. And I wasn't certain about this board either way, just haven't heard of ANY that actually do support dual digital output.

Is that a good deal for my first SSD drive ?

www.geek.com

They're out of stock atm, but I have put my email address in the notifications list.
Might want to hit up the Data Storage subforum for more expert advice on SSD drives. Though the OCZ Vertex and Intel SSD drives are getting a lot of recommendations there.

I think that review uncovers the Zotac as being pretty bad though :eek:

Look how it compares to Intel's DG45FC :eek:

I'm disappointed :(

The differences are pretty small (at most 18 secs and at least 4 secs) though in the video editing , image editing and file compression/depression and encoding/decoding. In the HD playback section, out of the 8 tests they ran, the only time that Zotac lost against the Intel mobo was in the h.264 1080P section. Even then that's only a difference of 16% CPU usage. The Zotac mobo only used about 10 more watts of power, hardly a big difference unless you get charged out the ass for electricity. As for the HQV test, I can understand why you would be disappointed but again, the difference is pretty small.

So basically what I am curious about is: How did that review show YOU that the Zotac mobo was pretty bad? That review showed me that mobo was pretty good.

Mine struggle to overclock with a Q9550 but that's all right. I'm going to switch to dualcore soon. Neeeeed better heatsink.

Case KMZ
OPIS.JPG

DSCF1912.JPG

DSCF1913.JPG

DSCF1914.JPG

DSCF1915.JPG

DSCF1916.JPG

f_DSC2126m_35da2d9.jpg
f_DSC2131m_b5ce098.jpg

Morr photo:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dvbmaniak/Zotac?feat=directlink

Nice Shuttle-clone.. where from? And why the monster PSU?

The psu is the little tiny thing in the bottom, probably a 200-300W, the "monster" thing is just a 120mm exhaust fan.

Edit: I followed his link, and saw the ATX power supply he installed in that case... wow. That's ... excessive.

i currently have this board, but havent decieded on what processor to get for it. im currently thinking of a q9550, but im curious if my 90 watt picupsu will run it. anyone have any idea if it will or not?

current system:
zotac 9300 board
4gb corsair ram
60gb hitachi laptop drive
sony slot load bluray drive

Very unlikely. Even if it did work, you would be putting it at ~100% load and that's not good. The processor alone is rated for 95w.

You won't be able to run a Q9550 with a picopsu.
Not necessarily true, since there are rather powerfull PicoPSUs (and other über-small PSUs from the same manufacturer) nowadays.

Very unlikely. Even if it did work, you would be putting it at ~100% load and that's not good. The processor alone is rated for 95w.
Well, we all know the TDP rating of Intel CPUs is often higher than the real life TDP... If I remember correctly from the QX9650 OC review over at Tom's Hardware a good while ago, idle power draw for 45nm quads is about 4~6W, and load values are around 60~70W (CPU alone, of course). I might be wrong, it has been a while, but you might want to check on that.

Ideally, you'd want a Q9550S (65W TDP). IF this board doesn't allow undervolting, that is...

However, I do think it's feasible with at least a 150W Pico (available for about one month now) and a seriously wicked power brick (it doesn't matter getting a 150W Pico if your brick is only rated for 120W, you'll burn through it like paper...).

If possible, I'd go for a Q9550S, a 200W PSU by mini-box (or something similar, it's like a Pico, only you still need a 20-pin extention...) and a XBox 360 power brick (yes, those output 12V, and the original ones are rated at 203W, 16.5A@12V+1A@+5VSB) with a suitable power adapter (XBox power bricks have an odd rectangular shape). The regular Q9550 might work, too, but be carefull what the rest of the parts are, and OC is simply out of the question.

Cheers.

Miguel

Do people using HSFs with those goofy plastic pegs ever worry about it falling off? I had to go back to one of those HSFs for my build and the darn thing just doesn't seem very secure to me!

Oh and FYI to anyone who plans to purchase this board, DON'T FORGET to install the the wireless card BEFORE you place the board in your case lol

Ebay005.jpg

I know I know, I searched around but I couldnt find a good place for the pic, but this little guy deserves some love too.

Interesting though.

What CPU will your "little guy" be hosting ?
And how much RAM is going to be installed ?
What OS will you be running ?

Alright, now ... what Mini ITX PC case do you use for that ?
What HDD ?
And what CPU cooler ?

Figured I should have just posted all that aswell.

Zotac 8200 C-E ITX
AMD 4450e
SS NTO7
2x1gb Gskill DDR800
Apex MI-008
HDD looking for a cheapo 2.5 160-320gb right now ;) hint wink hint pm me
Random DVD drive

Have the mobo, everything else has an ETA of monday.

So, anybody hear about this new Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi?

J/K :p

I hope Zotac fixes the USB S3 issue in the GeForce 9400-ITX WiFi.

Back