ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti AMP White Edition LHR

ti4600 had good gains, 9700pro gave fairly large increases with overclocking, so did the 5900xt, x1900AIW gave very large gains in terms of performance, hd4870 had a fair amount IIRC, 8800gt had monstrous head room, gtx460 had huge head room, hd7870 had massive headroom along with the hd7970. gtx1070 had a fair bit of headroom. Vega64 gave fairly large gains if you were willing to tinker A LOT, vega56 had huge gains. Current 6900xt offers a lot of headroom too. This is just from what I recall and I also googled quickly to corroborate (at least a 10% gain from overclocking, often closer to 20%).

Also, the magenta and white is a really nice color combo. I dig it.
Interesting, but the lower the frames per second, the lower the gain. 20% of 50FPS is 60FPS. 30FPS is 36FPS. That's what I mean by does it really matter? If you are getting 100FPS in a game and you increase it to 120, is that helpful? For me, yeah I'll take it, but it's more useful getting 30FPS up to at least 50 - 60 do it's playable. Is it worth a 20% increase in power consumption? I mean, yeah, 20% is technically a LOT of headroom, but does it really matter to game play? I think it is nice if you can get 3070 performance from a 3060ti when overclocked, for instance, because then you just buy the 3060ti OC version and save some serious bucks.

But, yeah, I'm not saying 20% isn't a great OC, but just question the practical usefulness.

I'm interested in how much better the 3060ti I have runs OCed now, and since there are no reviews, it looks like I'll need t do it myself. The thing is, to do it right, I need to run many tests in game. How would I go about doing that? Do most of games out now have performance demos? Or should I simpy run a synthetic?

This is where you lost me. They are a business. They have to do something. I am glad you are happy with your card. Enjoy.
They don't have to limit card sales to one per two week per address. They can just sell them for 700 all day long on their site to whomever wants them. No limits. Why is that such a hard concept?

They don't have to limit card sales to one per two week per address. They can just sell them for 700 all day long on their site to whomever wants them. No limits. Why is that such a hard concept?
It's not. Neither is understanding Zotac did customers no favors by marking up something drastically. Anyway I think its time to add to my ignore list.

Yeah they are the worst on newegg. I just laugh when I see how high they mark them up. When you one up asus on price gouging you know it's bad.
They lost my sales years ago before the gouging. I couldn't stop laughing when they started bundling overpriced items or just straight up junk to move things out of the door. But people still apparently use them, as they are still in business.

They lost my sales years ago before the gouging. I couldn't stop laughing when they started bundling overpriced items or just straight up junk to move things out of the door. But people still apparently use them, as they are still in business.
Yeah I had their 1070 AMP years ago and thought it was a nice card. Then I got a great deal from a friend (was from a pre-built) on one of their lower end 2080 ti models. I slapped a kraken g10 and made it a hybrid and that made it much better. Still kicking today in fact.

No way am I buying anything from them now though.

Except scalpers could quite easily buy a $700 card and flip it for 900+ and make money. Sorry but to me Zotac isn’t doing anyone a favor but Zotac. They don’t care who’s hands the cards fall in to.
Truth. Zotac took some flack last year for a crypto mining related tweet.

Attachments

• C32B1A0E-3430-41E7-B6DC-4BFB40095E21.jpeg
    C32B1A0E-3430-41E7-B6DC-4BFB40095E21.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
If it's pop music, then that's why I don't know who she is. If it were jazz, or some form of jazz/chill infusion then I probably would.
I ended up with a Zotac 3070, but I guess I lucked out getting it when it was $650 and not the $870 it is now.
I actually wanted a 3070ti. But, way out of my price range currently. I think I'm good until the new series comes out, and hopefully by that time lower prices.

Yeah I had their 1070 AMP years ago and thought it was a nice card. Then I got a great deal from a friend (was from a pre-built) on one of their lower end 2080 ti models. I slapped a kraken g10 and made it a hybrid and that made it much better. Still kicking today in fact.

No way am I buying anything from them now though.
Not even if you can get their cards cheaper than the competition (in the future)?

It's not. Neither is understanding Zotac did customers no favors by marking up something drastically. Anyway I think its time to add to my ignore list.

If more reputable brands can sell their highest end 3060Tis for $539, there is no reason why Zotac can't sell it for the same price (or cheaper considering you got a dual fan card with less power regulation than the EVGA card) and still make money. Thus, the conclusion is that Zotac is cutting out middlemen and making an extra $150 per card which is above and beyond what would make them profit at an industry standard rate. You're still getting scalped. You're just happier for some reason that Zotac is scalping you and not another person.

The fact that they are charging $699 for it demonstrates they aren't doing you a favor. The only favor they are doing is limiting purchases of their grossly overpriced cards to twice a month.

I agree with jmilcher.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not a zotac fan but they've done a good job of things IMO. They should probably cross reference credit cards to close the loophole where you can use the same credit card to ship orders to different addresses under different names, bypassing the wait limit. But since when has it been in a company's best interest to make it harder to buy their products? EVGA seems to be putting the most effort into helping gamers buy cards, but it's also a confusing process and their website crashes anytime there's a drop. And spending that money on constantly fighting bots and scalpers is just going to make them less competitive in the market vs companies that don't waste money on these things. Zotac has been consistently easy: join, wait in a queue for 30mins - 1 hour, and then get a selection of some 3xxx series cards at a mark-up. But that mark-up is still cheaper than you'll get through scalpers. By raising prices they're increasing availability. The prices aren't as high as scalper prices, but they're high enough that scalpers can't buy them and re-sell on ebay for much of a profit. So at the end of the day you get the cards at $100 or so cheaper than otherwise would be the case, but not the $300-400 cheaper that you want.

The reality is that market prices are still wildly higher than MSRP, so if vendors sell at below market price you're going to get scalping to fix the market inefficiency. No matter what, there will be shortages due to the low prices, and scalpers will ensure that the people willing to pay the most get their cards first. This happens with all things, not just GPUs. Just like if you sell things at too high of a price you'll have a surplus sitting on shelves. Zotac seems to get this and continues to raise their prices as much as possible and has had decent supply for awhile now. Other AIBs don't and you see out of stock messages for their MSRP cards forever. And the few times they do have stock listed there are thousands of more motivated individuals that make a living reselling cards that will outcompete you. I just wish people would stop complaining about the situation. Because despite how bad it is, I've still been able to buy multiple MSRP GPUs and I'm lazy. If you haven't gotten a GPU by now then you're supremely unmotivated.

Honestly, I'm not a zotac fan but they've done a good job of things IMO. They should probably cross reference credit cards to close the loophole where you can use the same credit card to ship orders to different addresses under different names, bypassing the wait limit. But since when has it been in a company's best interest to make it harder to buy their products? EVGA seems to be putting the most effort into helping gamers buy cards, but it's also a confusing process and their website crashes anytime there's a drop. And spending that money on constantly fighting bots and scalpers is just going to make them less competitive in the market vs companies that don't waste money on these things. Zotac has been consistently easy: join, wait in a queue for 30mins - 1 hour, and then get a selection of some 3xxx series cards at a mark-up. But that mark-up is still cheaper than you'll get through scalpers. By raising prices they're increasing availability. The prices aren't as high as scalper prices, but they're high enough that scalpers can't buy them and re-sell on ebay for much of a profit. So at the end of the day you get the cards at $100 or so cheaper than otherwise would be the case, but not the $300-400 cheaper that you want.

The reality is that market prices are still wildly higher than MSRP, so if vendors sell at below market price you're going to get scalping to fix the market inefficiency. No matter what, there will be shortages due to the low prices, and scalpers will ensure that the people willing to pay the most get their cards first. This happens with all things, not just GPUs. Just like if you sell things at too high of a price you'll have a surplus sitting on shelves. Zotac seems to get this and continues to raise their prices as much as possible and has had decent supply for awhile now. Other AIBs don't and you see out of stock messages for their MSRP cards forever. And the few times they do have stock listed there are thousands of more motivated individuals that make a living reselling cards that will outcompete you. I just wish people would stop complaining about the situation. Because despite how bad it is, I've still been able to buy multiple MSRP GPUs and I'm lazy. If you haven't gotten a GPU by now then you're supremely unmotivated.

I think we understand what the situation is. We were more responding to the notion that somehow Zotac was doing us a favor by "raising prices to combat scalping." Raising prices to combat scalping is just changing who the scalper is.

I agree that cards aren't that hard to come by even being lazy. At this point, I've gotten several through EVGA queues at significantly lower prices than Zotac and won the shuffle a few times for just cards at reasonable (less than Zotac) prices and not NE trying to combo their dead inventory on me.

That's what I'm saying, they are doing you a favor. They're also doing themselves a favor by cutting out the scalpers and I'm sure that's their primary motivation. But it's still better for the consumer than having unobtainable MSRP cards listed as out of stock on newegg/microcenter/AIB site and everything listed on ebay by scalpers at a higher markup. So the 3060TI, for example, was going for say $800-900 on ebay and now for about $750 after crypto prices tanked. Even if it's $700 on zotac's site that's still $50 cheaper than the alternative, and when they were going for more on ebay they were saving you $100-200 on the cards. If GPU demand keeps falling then I'm sure eventually zotac will lower their prices accordingly.

That's what I'm saying, they are doing you a favor. They're also doing themselves a favor by cutting out the scalpers and I'm sure that's their primary motivation. But it's still better for the consumer than having unobtainable MSRP cards listed as out of stock on newegg/microcenter/AIB site and everything listed on ebay by scalpers at a higher markup. So the 3060TI, for example, was going for say $800-900 on ebay and now for about $750 after crypto prices tanked. Even if it's $700 on zotac's site that's still $50 cheaper than the alternative, and when they were going for more on ebay they were saving you $100-200 on the cards. If GPU demand keeps falling then I'm sure eventually zotac will lower their prices accordingly.

Charging me more for something I can get relatively easy elsewhere cheaper isn't doing me a favor IMO <shrug>, but I understand what you are saying.

If more reputable brands can sell their highest end 3060Tis for $539, there is no reason why Zotac can't sell it for the same price (or cheaper considering you got a dual fan card with less power regulation than the EVGA card) and still make money. Thus, the conclusion is that Zotac is cutting out middlemen and making an extra $150 per card which is above and beyond what would make them profit at an industry standard rate. You're still getting scalped. You're just happier for some reason that Zotac is scalping you and not another person.

The fact that they are charging $699 for it demonstrates they aren't doing you a favor. The only favor they are doing is limiting purchases of their grossly overpriced cards to twice a month.

I agree with jmilcher.
EVGA is a special snowflake regarding pricing because EVGA is not caught up in some of the tariff stuff that everyone else is since they don't make their cards in mainland China.

Not giving Zotac a pass for being one of the highest priced now, but just saying you are comparing apples to oranges here talking prices in today's environment. You can't just take EVGA's prices and apply that across the board. If you are making your cards in Taiwan or mainland China then they are going to be different just due to tariffs.

EDIT: Not saying companies like Zotac aren't scalping though. Tariffs don't account for all these high prices. My only point is that the baseline is different.

Last edited:
EVGA is a special snowflake regarding pricing because EVGA is not caught up in some of the tariff stuff that everyone else is since they don't make their cards in mainland China.

Not giving Zotac a pass for being one of the highest priced now, but just saying you are comparing apples to oranges here talking prices in today's environment. You can't just take EVGA's prices and apply that across the board. If you are making your cards in Taiwan or mainland China then they are going to be different just due to tariffs.

EDIT: Not saying companies like Zotac aren't scalping though. Tariffs don't account for all these high prices. My only point is that the baseline is different.

That explains why Zotac cards are crazy expensive in Newegg shuffle. Best deals seem to be Asus and EVGA, suggesting neither is subject to the tariff.

That explains why Zotac cards are crazy expensive in Newegg shuffle. Best deals seem to be Asus and EVGA, suggesting neither is subject to the tariff.

I'm 90% sure Asus is subject to the tariff.

I'm not sold on the tariffs accounting for ALL of the price difference between EVGA and Zotac either.

I'm not sold on the tariffs accounting for ALL of the price difference between EVGA and Zotac either.
Don't let a good excuse go to waste.

"Oh gee guys, it's really hard. We're doing everything we can!"

*Proceed to post record breaking profits*

Oh its definitely not the whole story, but take whatever the MSRP's are for EVGA cards and add 25% to it and that's the tariff baseline for the other AIB's. Anything else on top of that is probably a combination on inflation, scalping, etc.

Don't let a good excuse go to waste.

"Oh gee guys, it's really hard. We're doing everything we can!"

*Proceed to post record breaking profits*
That's the way market economies work, or actually get broken. There is a housing shortage in CA. In order to qualify for a mortgage or rent, you need to make 3xs your payment, or rent cannot exceed 30% of your income. However, housing and rent cost three times the median per capita income in CA, which is 35, 000 a year, and is far more than two median incomes together. That means over 50% of two income people in CA cannot afford rent or a mortgage, and 50% of single people cannot, either. And, it's never going to go down. It's only going to get more and more expensive because the housing shortage in CA is permanent (due to population saturation).

You can always count on market participates, those who can, raking in astronomical profits when supplies dip below demand. Back in feudal times, "those who can" were called "Landed Nobility" because they were the ones who owned all of the land, and land is life--and still is!

Would have been nice to have been able to afford what I really wanted, which was a 3070ti. Now I'll probably have to upgrade in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Unsure where we are with this thread, but I have the same card as OP. Bought in Sept/Oct 2021 at $650+shipping and tax. Can confirm the shroud being wider than most cards and being a pain to plug in the PCIE cables. Currently have my card clocked at 1.9MHz with a slight undervolt (950 mV).
It's been fine for my usage (Dark Souls 3 at 4k at max settings) without skipping a beat.
Was it overpriced? Yes. Did I get a card that allows me to play what I wanted at the settings I wanted without playing the Newegg shuffle? Yes.

I agree with jmilcher.
You really don't understand that EVGA is doing the same thing as Zotac, which is selling their cards above MSRP?

"You're just happier for some reason that Zotac is scalping you and not another person."

I'm sorry, where exactly did I say I was happy getting scalped by Zotac?

"The only favor they are doing is limiting purchases of their grossly overpriced cards to twice a month."

If you really think that, then you must have missed the price difference between buying a Zotac card from Zotac directly and trying to buy them from scalpers.

Why all of the misinformation?

I would suggest understanding what others write before making up your own fantasy and then replying to it. It's kinda like talking to yourself.

Remember, comprehension is your friend.

Last edited:
Charging me more for something I can get relatively easy elsewhere cheaper isn't doing me a favor IMO <shrug>, but I understand what you are saying.
Where do you get cards "easier and cheaper."

I think we understand what the situation is. We were more responding to the notion that somehow Zotac was doing us a favor by "raising prices to combat scalping." Raising prices to combat scalping is just changing who the scalper is.

I agree that cards aren't that hard to come by even being lazy. At this point, I've gotten several through EVGA queues at significantly lower prices than Zotac and won the shuffle a few times for just cards at reasonable (less than Zotac) prices and not NE trying to combo their dead inventory on me.
"Raising prices to combat scalping is just changing who the scalper is."

This is the misconception that others on this thread, too, have. This must be a sort of comprehension problem. Maybe it's lead poisonoing? It's mystifying.

It's not just changing the scalper, it's lowering the retail price, also.

Unsure where we are with this thread, but I have the same card as OP. Bought in Sept/Oct 2021 at $650+shipping and tax. Can confirm the shroud being wider than most cards and being a pain to plug in the PCIE cables. Currently have my card clocked at 1.9MHz with a slight undervolt (950 mV).
It's been fine for my usage (Dark Souls 3 at 4k at max settings) without skipping a beat.
Was it overpriced? Yes. Did I get a card that allows me to play what I wanted at the settings I wanted without playing the Newegg shuffle? Yes.
It seems to run pretty damn well. There just isn't any headroom, really. I bought mine for 699, which was 50 bucks over what you paid.

Still no review comparing to other cards.

Some people cannot comprehend what you just said. I've been trying to make that point, and some just cannot understand it. It's like they are confusing the difference between "kind" and "degree."

"So at the end of the day you get the cards at $100 or so cheaper than otherwise would be the case, but not the $300-400 cheaper that you want."

The last time I checked, the Zotac card was going to 940.00 on Amazon, which is 240 higher than Zotacs 700.00. Still butt-hurt about it, but still cheaper than anything out there that is relatively available.

One thing about the Zotac card is that it's light as hell and short as hell, and runs cool as shit with two relatively quite fans. This thing is light, light, light and short, short, short.

Thought I'd chime in with my experience: I have two of the white cards and had one of their similar twin edge cards (it died after a few months and I can't RMA it because I can't remember where/who I got it from :sadface: ).

With eth mining I'm not putting a ton of load on the cores. Ambient temp in the room is 83F and the exhaust section is 103F. So perhaps slightly worse than a case with bad airflow. The white zotacs aren't too far off from my other 3060TI models but aren't the best. I just repasted them with thermal grizzly kryonaut and thermalright odyssey pads because one was hitting 79-80C on the core. Here's what I have in order (all 3060TIs):

1.) Zotac white
2.) EVGA FTW3
3.) MSI ventus 3x
4.) zotac white
5.) MSI ventus 2x
(I might've gotten the msi card order mixed up). So far I've replaced pads/paste on the MSI 2x and the zotacs. Out of the box, stock, the MSI 2x was the worst iirc followed by the zotac whites. Repasting the zotacs resulted in drops of about 7-8C for the 80C card down to 72C, and 4C from 69C for the other card that was doing better. I can't remember what the MSI 2x was at stock but it was pretty bad and I wouldn't recommend buying it for gaming unless there's nothing else available and/or you plan on repasting. Fans on all cards are operating at 100% fanspeed all the time.

The shortness of the zotac cards can be nice, but they're wider than a normal card which I find annoying (they won't fit in server cases designed for double width cards for example). The power connectors can be tricky to get to, but not as bad as their 3070 model which almost requires extenders. I don't have memory temp data on these cards but they've been pretty consistent and changing out the thermal pads doesn't seem to have done much as they're hitting the power limiter. So it doesn't seem like memory temps would be a problem when gaming (gddr6 memory too so no 3080/3090 woes), but I replaced the pads just to be safe after my twin edge died.

Overall not the best, not the worst. I got them at a time when everything else was $200+ or more and out of stock so I don't feel bad about them.

[Edit: Added another screenshot of all GPUs running maxed out. Reported power usage between 180-230W. Temperature rankings basically the same as before.]

Attachments

• 3060ti lineup.png
    3060ti lineup.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • max power limit 3060tis.png
    max power limit 3060tis.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back