ZOTAC Gaming GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti AMP REFURB $809.99

That's a solid deal, not much more than the price I paid for my MSI RTX 2080 Super trio.

Thinking about jumping on it, includes 90 day warranty...looks like it's direct from Zotac too. Plus I think today is 5% eBay bucks.

It is tempting. I can probably get $400-$450, locally, for my 1080 Ti. Then, it would be $430 - $480 more to jump up to this, after sales tax. Though, I've only been playing with my Oculus Rift S lately, and even with 1.5x SS on most games, I'm only hitting around 80-85% max usage on my GPU. Decisions.....

I will tell you right now. I bought a refurb from the Zotac store. It WILL need repasted and you will have noisy fans. I sold mine at a loss due to it technically not being defective. It was not put together properly (Loose screws) and they just reused the existing paste when they "refurbed" the card. I also inquired about returning it due to the fan noise and Zotac wanted me to pay shipping + a restock fee. I know on Ebay you have better protection but I wouldn't waste my time if you don't like hot and loud GPUs and will be bothered disassembling the card to put it back together properly.
This is the video I made. I also shared the video when I sold the card. The real noise happens towards the end.

I will tell you right now. I bought a refurb from the Zotac store. It WILL need repasted and you will have noisy fans. I sold mine at a loss due to it technically not being defective. It was not put together properly (Loose screws) and they just reused the existing paste when they "refurbed" the card. I also inquired about returning it due to the fan noise and Zotac wanted me to pay shipping + a restock fee. I know on Ebay you have better protection but I wouldn't waste my time if you don't like hot and loud GPUs and will be bothered disassembling the card to put it back together properly.
This is the video I made. I also shared the video when I sold the card. The real noise happens towards the end.

I was ready to jump on it, but concerned about its 'refurbished' status. That video made me decide against it. I'd rather pay the extra money for a full warranty at that price.

I had the opposite experience with a Zotac refurb. I bought a 1060 6gb Amp! Edition from them and even though I repasted because I just almost always do, it didn't technically need it. Card worked great for me until I upgraded.

It is tempting. I can probably get $400-$450, locally, for my 1080 Ti. Then, it would be $430 - $480 more to jump up to this, after sales tax. Though, I've only been playing with my Oculus Rift S lately, and even with 1.5x SS on most games, I'm only hitting around 80-85% max usage on my GPU. Decisions.....

I'd hold out a little longer since your current GPU is handling what you want it to do with ease. The new Nvidia GPUs are coming out soon and prices for these cards will drop.

Reactions: Nokia
like this
I had the opposite experience with a Zotac refurb. I bought a 1060 6gb Amp! Edition from them and even though I repasted because I just almost always do, it didn't technically need it. Card worked great for me until I upgraded.

A 1060 is a much lesser risk than a 2080ti. Plus it has much less components on the PCB, smaller die, and smaller heatsink. With a big ticket item such as a 2080ti, I would not risk it at all. Especially if you get a unit that had known stability issues at launch.

I'd consider this if I planned to chuck the stock cooling anyway (e.g. NZXT G12, custom loop, etc.).

A 1060 is a much lesser risk than a 2080ti. Plus it has much less components on the PCB, smaller die, and smaller heatsink. With a big ticket item such as a 2080ti, I would not risk it at all. Especially if you get a unit that had known stability issues at launch.

I can't argue the launch issues but in my mind, if they can give a "lowly" 1060 refurb the right treatment, I'd expect nothing less when buying a higher end card. I'd be willing to bet you got a fluke with your card. Zotac is generally a well regarded company and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I were in the market.

I dont think I'd hesitate on this for the base hardware of the card itself, I think I could deal with unbuild, paste rebuild even if it included fan replacement...also Im on this if I go back to watercooling loop...though I missed out on the 5% bucks lastnight so Im back to waiting until ebay bucks boosts up again.

I don’t fuck with eBay, even though I didn’t purchase anything from Zotac, the hassle I wen through with getting a refund from that website kept me away from purchasing any item on there. Nice price though about 400 less than my FE edition.

I can't argue the launch issues but in my mind, if they can give a "lowly" 1060 refurb the right treatment, I'd expect nothing less when buying a higher end card. I'd be willing to bet you got a fluke with your card. Zotac is generally a well regarded company and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I were in the market.

Judging my their Ebay feedback and the RMA support I received, I will stay away. Zotac is bottom tier and most of the 2080tis that are out there defective on ebay... are from Zotac. If you want a cheap card and don't care about the noise... by all means, go for it. The founders edition is better than that cooler. These cards are overstock RMA returns for a reason. Mine worked but I had to fix it. I'll buy brand new from now on.

I've been watching this card for a few days, but haven't pulled the trigger largely due to the same comments people are making here. Even new, this SKU is pretty poorly rated because of a high failure rate. Seems like it's got a fundamental flaw somewhere. $800 is a lot to be out if it craps out beyond 90 days, and it sounds like there is a decent chance of that happening. Likewise, I have a feeling once the 3000 cards are out, resale value on this would not be stellar.

I've been watching this card for a few days, but haven't pulled the trigger largely due to the same comments people are making here. Even new, this SKU is pretty poorly rated because of a high failure rate. Seems like it's got a fundamental flaw somewhere. $800 is a lot to be out if it craps out beyond 90 days, and it sounds like there is a decent chance of that happening. Likewise, I have a feeling once the 3000 cards are out, resale value on this would not be stellar.

I predict resale value for the 2080ti after next gen release will be about $500 lol

Put the closed captioning on, this was actually an interesting video. This guy actually fixed the card artifacting. Ironically its the same model for sale.

Back