Zotac 8200 ITX & Phenom 2 955 Don't get along

SILVR 6

Gawd
2jevc75.jpg

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't get my phenom 2 955 to work at anything other than 800mhz.

Things i've tried:

1.Update bios, zotac states this cpu "works"
2.Disabled/Enabled CnQ
3.Changed Vista power schemes back and forth

It just refuses to do anything above 4x200 meaning its 800mhz or bust. The voltage is also locked at 1.05v

The HT Link is stuck at 1600mhz, setting it to the proper 2ghz results in no post.

I've tried jacking the multi up and down and to no avail, i'm about ready to give up on this board with phenom 2's. I have tested a 5050e Sempron 3000 X2 3600 and an Athlon 2650e all work just fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
is it staying at 800mhz when you load up the processor with something like p95?

as for the 1600mhz on the HT.. thats probably a limitation of the motherboard.. my suggestion would be to see if there is a newer bios for the board.. because the initial release of the phenom II AMD's information to the motherboard manufactures said the processor HT was going to be 1600mhz.. this is the same problem i have with my current motherboard and my phenom II 940.. which was later fixed in newer bios releases but in those releases they locked this board to 95w or lower processors.. so im stuck..

do you have a option to turn HT off? i know mine would droop low when not in use then i turned off HT when i started overclocking and it stayed at 4ghz

well you are right, it is on the compatibility list, but they also recommend a cpu of 65w max tdp...
and for the most part every other place but here say they support phenom 1's...
odd yes, but really im not surprised.

Last edited:
Back