Zotac 2080 AMP Issues - Artifacting / Driver missing / Error 43

delita

[H]ard|Gawd
My brother is having an issue with a Zotac card he purchased a little over a month ago. This just started happening today, trying to get it diagnosed for him to see if we can avoid an RMA since he got it on Amazon and it's beyond the 30 day return period. This morning he said he was playing a game, crashed, now it's got weird artifacts on the screen at all times, the driver removed itself and is now showing as a Basic display driver and the Nvidia driver cannot be reinstalled, and an Error 43. The card was not overclocked or anything, I'm going to go over to swap out his old 970 back in and likely just RMA the card but I wanted to check with other members to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and a way to fix it.

Yeah seems the case - switched back to his old 970 and it works just fine. I was the one who told him to jump on the RTX bandwagon thinking "things should be improved by now" - apparently not, dead within 45 days.

The thing is there are recent reviews like a few weeks ago of people buying the EVGA 2080ti FTW3 and they are still having the same problem.
From the reviews on New Egg I can't wait untill lthis generation is over because it has some major problems which I blame on Bitcoins for the lack of QC and being rushed out the door. It seems every generation of cards has some problem you had the Memory issue with the 970 cards where their was a lawsuit even because of the memory being misreported you had thermal issues on the EVGA 1080ti cards where their should of been more thermal pads so EVGA released the ICX coolers which seemed to help.
I don't trust anyone except for EVGA though I did go with a MSI card last time around but wasn't too happy with it.

I just got an Amazon warehouse deals EVGA 2080, it was displaying exact same symptoms you describe day one out of the box. I sent it in for RMA. To my limited knowledge if you are seeing space invader type artifacts in normal use, it's 98% likely a bad card. Sorry!

Back