zotac 2070s vs msi 2070s ventus

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
the zotac is 499 and the msi is 509. I have a gift card from amazon so it has to be purchased from there. I would have preferred the FE but such is life. I am looking for performance/reliability and followed by cooling/noise. It will be in a closed case with no window so i dont care about looks or rgb.

do you know if the backplate on the ventus is metal or plastic? i know the ventus 2060 has a plastic backplate. i would not pay that much money for a card with a plastic backplate.

Performance wise I'm pretty sure nvidia doesn't allow partners to pre-overclock the cards anymore, but i could be wrong... Either way they are both 1770mhz boost out of the box according to their listings.

I'm partial to anything not msi since every motherboard i've bought from them has died or broken in some way. My most recent was a motherboard for an 8700k build where the usb 3.0 controller went out. That being said none of the MSI graphics cards I did buy during the mining craze have had any issues.

do either fans turn off on idle? in my exp zotac puts their default fan speed up to keep temps low on paper and it was hellla annoying worst part is you cant even change it. Zotac RTX 2080 AMP OC is the first and last zotac card I will purchase. Not to mention their software (firestorm similar to afterburner) tries to steal your data because my firewall blocked it from sending data out.

do either fans turn off on idle? in my exp zotac puts their default fan speed up to keep temps low on paper and it was hellla annoying worst part is you cant even change it. Zotac RTX 2080 AMP OC is the first and last zotac card I will purchase. Not to mention their software (firestorm similar to afterburner) tries to steal your data because my firewall blocked it from sending data out.

you can use afterburner with a zotac/evga/whatever card. You can also change the fan profile via afterburner to whatever you want.

you can use afterburner with a zotac/evga/whatever card. You can also change the fan profile via afterburner to whatever you want.
This and I have the Ventus card - it idles w fans running at ~800rpm out of the box last I recall. I can confirm when I get back home from work.

I have the Zotac RTX 2070S "Twin Fan." Is that the model you're considering?

If so, it does not have a 0% fan idle mode, but IMO it's not audible over the other case fans at its lowest fan setting. Its power target is locked at 100%, but I find mine will still boost to 2050-2100MHz on core and shouldn't have any problems going up to 7500MHz on memory. I've since attached a Kraken G12 to mine, so it's dead quiet all the time now. :D

Back