zoom player alternatives- need zooming for hdtv

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
my hdtv has an odd resolution. i have a shitty crt hdtv from samsung where about an inch of the tv around the border is missing... basically 95% of the pc displays on the monitor so when watching a movie... i use to use zoom player to zoom in and out.

however i gave up on zoom player and didnt want to give them more money since the last version i bought... if you have valid dvd software... it forgets it each time you reboot and have to reinstall it each time!!! so...

are there any other quality software players/dvd software players that allow zooming?

Why to adjust the overscan/underscan in your video card settings?

Weird I have never had that error and I have used ZP for years now. Paid for v5 and now running 603cr without paying any more since their updates are free. There might be an issue with the dvd software instead of ZP or the ZP version doesnt interact with that software properly.

Are you using the software as the dvd codec within zp?

If the computer is not filling the whole screen manually set the resolution to fill the screen.

My DLP had some overscan off the HTPC so I just dropped the resolution a little bit and now it fits perfectly.

Weird I have never had that error and I have used ZP for years now. Paid for v5 and now running 603cr without paying any more since their updates are free. There might be an issue with the dvd software instead of ZP or the ZP version doesnt interact with that software properly.

Are you using the software as the dvd codec within zp?

If the computer is not filling the whole screen manually set the resolution to fill the screen.

My DLP had some overscan off the HTPC so I just dropped the resolution a little bit and now it fits perfectly.
Thats what I'm thinking too since I've never had a problem with ZP, also thats what I would suggest trying out too.

i agree with a previous poster that said you should check the overscan settings in your video card driver. if you have a current driver from the last year or so they will have overscan correction.

overscanning usually doesnt work well... because it usually distorts screen #1 (pc) just to fix the odd issue with hdtv.

i'll try zp again.. any online specials under 40$?

Back