ZOMG! Apple finally reinvented the iPhone!

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
It's worth buying now! It's got LIVE WALLPAPERS! Pure innovation! Wait till Shamesung copies that in the Galaxy!

:p

All of the true believers over at Ars are all now saying Apple is taking something others did (flat from Android and typography from Windows Phone) and making it "as it should have been". These people are morons.

What is really funny, is that it looks like MIUI... almost to a tee.

All of the true believers over at Ars are all now saying Apple is taking something others did (flat from Android and typography from Windows Phone) and making it "as it should have been". These people are morons.
Wow, you weren't joking. That conference is proof that Apple can take a shit and people will line up with forks to eat it.

Look good as long as they include a dark color scheme this time around... *fingers crossed*

Wow, you weren't joking. That conference is proof that Apple can take a shit and people will line up with forks to eat it.

Yep.

Every time that WWDC/MacWorld comes around, the locals at Ars go stupid.

This wwdc was terrible and the people at ars are going crazy.

Mac pro's, only 40% less useless!

I see people claiming they ripped off WP's lock screen and BB's gestures too, lol.

I wonder if we'll see our resident iPhone troll (Mobusta1) in here defending it. I haven't seen him trolling the phone sub-forum in a while though.

I see people claiming they ripped off WP's lock screen and BB's gestures too, lol.

I wonder if we'll see our resident iPhone troll (Mobusta1) in here defending it. I haven't seen him trolling the phone sub-forum in a while though.

Phone OSes are ripping each other off all the time, nothing new here. A lot of people will be excited since every phone Apple has released in the last three years is getting a shiny and fresh OS update. Meanwhile people who buy Android phones are lucky to get two updates, and those will often be an old version of Android anyway.

I know this is going to blow people's minds, but many people like buying products that are well supported and receive updates.

Phone OSes are ripping each other off all the time, nothing new here. A lot of people will be excited since every phone Apple has released in the last three years is getting a shiny and fresh OS update. Meanwhile people who buy Android phones are lucky to get two updates, and those will often be an old version of Android anyway.

I know this is going to blow people's minds, but many people like buying products that are well supported and receive updates.

Many people, like those on a forum like this, yes. The average person doesn't give a f*** if their Android phone is running JB, ICS, or even GB, as long as it works. And those people outnumber us significantly. I bet only 5-10% of users care even slightly. And while Apple does support phones for more updates, again, the vast majority wouldn't care either way as long as the phone works.

Many people, like those on a forum like this, yes. The average person doesn't give a f*** if their Android phone is running JB, ICS, or even GB, as long as it works. And those people outnumber us significantly. I bet only 5-10% of users care even slightly. And while Apple does support phones for more updates, again, the vast majority wouldn't care either way as long as the phone works.

Not sure about this shiny new os. My wifes phone still looks and operates like it did 2 years ago. She sure loved that new imaps though.

Sure they do. It might take longer, but Average Joe Users notice their stuff gets old and slow the longer they keep using it. Even super casual tech users pick up on what other people are using or doing.

Hell my retired dad only uses a HP Touchpad (running WebOS!) and once in a while he asks me where he can get apps his friends use (mostly hobby, gardening, and weather apps). He literally cannot operate a computer mouse and has never owned a cell phone. He is going to get an iPad. He doesn't know what an iPad really is or does, but he knows his friends can do things he can't.

Sources: Parents + 3 years in call centers.

Yep, but it's really short for Ars Technica, a website for liberal-idiot Apple hipsters.

It used to not be like that... I suspect that when the MacAddict forums finally closed, they all went to Ars. It seems like the same vile spewing robots that inhabited the MacAddict forums, so I will go with that.

Sure they do. It might take longer, but Average Joe Users notice their stuff gets old and slow the longer they keep using it. Even super casual tech users pick up on what other people are using or doing.

Hell my dad only uses a HP Touchpad (running WebOS!) and once in a while he asks me where he can get apps his friends use (mostly hobby, gardening, and weather apps). He literally cannot operate a computer mouse and has never owned a cell phone. He is going to get an iPad. He doesn't know what an iPad really is or does, but he knows his friends can do things he can't.

Sources: Parents + 3 years in call centers.

This is true.

3rd party support is where it is at, and Apple has that.

"Old and slow" is a different problem than "not the latest version of the OS." Even though new OS versions sometimes add optimizations that can provide a speed boost to some things, the average user doesn't link that together. They just want their phone to work.

Do you guys actually have any non-techie friends? Seriously, they do NOT care about upgrades like we do. It's fine to care if you have a reason, but don't assume that everyone cares about the same stuff you or I do.

"Old and slow" is a different problem than "not the latest version of the OS." Even though new OS versions sometimes add optimizations that can provide a speed boost to some things, the average user doesn't link that together. They just want their phone to work.

Do you guys actually have any non-techie friends? Seriously, they do NOT care about upgrades like we do. It's fine to care if you have a reason, but don't assume that everyone cares about the same stuff you or I do.

Almost all Android point releases help improve performance or battery life in some way. I know everyone doesn't care, but I think Apple users are generally happier with their products. and one of the reasons is that those product do receive updates and they don't have a tendency to keep getting worse over time like Android.

Last edited:
Almost all Android point releases help improve performance or battery life in some way. People notice. I know everyone doesn't care, but I think Apple users are generally happier with their products, and one of the reasons is that those product do receive updated and they don't have a tendency to keep getting worse over time like Android.

I don't think the majority of people care about updates, as long as the device works.

The majority of people aren't twidgets like us.

Almost all Android point releases help improve performance or battery life in some way. People notice. I know everyone doesn't care, but I think Apple users are generally happier with their products, and one of the reasons is that those product do receive updated and they don't have a tendency to keep getting worse over time like Android.

SO true. Android gets better, but at the same time seems to get worse in a lot of ways.

How well a phone works and what version of the OS it runs are two TOTALLY different things to most people. Most people would not think, "my phone is running like shit.. I wonder if there are any updates available for it that might fix this."

The only reason most Apple users upgrade is that Apple is very in-your-face about advertising the update. The vast majority of my non-techie friends and non-IT coworkers using Apple do the update simply because it's presented to them. They don't necessarily know or care what it will do (they don't even read up on what it will do literally at ALL), they are just presented with an upgrade prompt and they are like "sure." Then, if anything, they tend to complain about stuff that's changed, because they need to re-learn it.

I'm the guy most of those people ask "should I do this?" so I definitely know, at least for the many people that talk to me about this. I think they are a pretty good sample of the average user.

Phone OSes are ripping each other off all the time, nothing new here.

That's true, but you know what the problem is? When huge companies like Apple take people to court over and over and over again for "copying" them, when all the fuck they've been doing since Android released is to figure out how to stay relevant... and the only way they were able to do that is to straight up take shit from Android after even Jobs himself commented about how bad it is and how pissed he is that Google decided to compete with them with THEIR technology.

The first time this really pissed me off was when Apple got the Notification Center... it was such a blatant copy of Android I was thinking to myself how could nobody notice this? And now IOS users are getting features Android users have had for forever... live wallpapers, what are essentially widgets, etc.

This is coming from a IOS user who just switched to Android after grossly disagreeing with Apple's business practices and spoke up with my wallet to not support a company that operates the way it does... especially with copyright bullshit and the way they handle their Foxconn relationship.

This is coming from a IOS user who just switched to Android after grossly disagreeing with Apple's business practices and spoke up with my wallet to not support a company that operates the way it does... especially with copyright bullshit and the way they handle their Foxconn relationship.
We welcome you to our camp!

iOS7 for some reason, looks extra "girly" or "feminine" now ? Very soft design, light hues, just looks to me more like a chicks phone.

I have no problem if a phone OEM does this....what I do have a problem with is when they turn around sue the be-jesus out of everyone else doing it to them. Hippocracy of the highest order and quite frankly, disgusting.

But it looks like iOS is finally catching up to Android feature wise...all they need now is widgets. :p

Apple events remind of these funny skits, that call them out for their BS attitude. "It's completely redesigned, first time ever sh!t :rolleyes: " "It's magical, never before seen"

The iPhone 5 (Parody) Ad: A Taller Change LOL :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBP18nrRdw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

New Apple Ad: The iPad Mini Has Company
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2Au80BmHc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Banned iPhone 5 Promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUz6vHEQCM

Banned iPhone 4S Promo LOL :) This is one is probably the truest :) :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBe0zjdURc4

Last edited:
It's worth buying now! It's got LIVE WALLPAPERS! Pure innovation! Wait till Shamesung copies that in the Galaxy!

:p

Is this a joke or some fanboy mega troll thread or am I missing something here?

EDIT*** Nevermind I see the pure sarcasm in the post haha.... my bad OP! lol

Back