Zion LAN 2005! June 11th-13th Zion, IL

bigwayne

n00b
Zion LAN 2005, a 400-seat LAN in Zion, IL, occuring on June 11th-13th, is announcing its premier event, as well as first three tournaments! While the focus of the event is LAN partying in general, we thought you might like to hear about these ;) Remember, 100% of all proceeds are going directly to help individuals with disabilities.

Tournaments include:

****Counter-Strike: Source****
1st: $1,000 in CASH
2nd: $200 in CASH $500 in Prizes
3rd: $100 in CASH $200 in Prizes
===| $2,000 payout total |===

****Counter-Strike 1.6****
1st: $800 in CASH
2nd: $400 in Prizes
3rd: $200 in Prizes
===| $1,400 payout total |===

****Battlefield 1942:Desert Combat****
1st: $500 in CASH
2nd: $250 in Prizes
3rd: $100 in Prizes
===| $850 payout total |===

More information can be had at www.zionlan.net. Look for more tournament announcements in the near future, including UT2K4 2v2 CTF, Doom 3 DM, CoD 5v5, and Warcraft III!

I (bigwayne) will be monitoring this thread until LAN time rolls around to answer any questions/comments you have that can't be answered by reading the Zion LAN site. I hope a bunch of you can make it!

A few announcements from the Zion LAN staff, the prizes for the Call of Duty and Doom 3 tournaments are now up! Heres the rundown:

****Call of Duty****
1st: $800 CASH
2nd: $400 in prizes
3rd: $200 in prizes
===| $1,400 payout total |===

****Doom 3****
1st: Custom air-brushed case provided by Coeus, Inc. (Valued at $700 - images available soon!)
2nd: $350 in prizes (to be announced)
3rd: $150 in prizes (to be announced)
===| $1,200 payout total |===

Thats all for now, stay tuned for the UT2K4 tournament information, as well as the rest of the oodles of games we'll be hosting this year! We'll release it as soon as its ready! Pre-register for the forums at Zion LAN and get more juicy details! Hope to see you there!

Update: the CS 1.6 tourney now has the same prizes as the Source tourney, due to huge demand! Get your seats quick! :D

Since i know you're all going to ask, all the tournaments and prizes are either sponsored our come out of the entry fees for those tournaments, all of which are listed on the site :)

From a fellow LAN host - good job on the fundraising! We started and annual "FRAG-a-THON" with our LAN group and raised $1,380 last year, and $2,757.05 for charity this year, and this is with just over 50 gamers (I can only imagine what we could do with 400)

Keep up the good work and getting the positive side of LAN Gaming out there - we are glad we are not alone in this!

Peace,
Tim

Thanks for the support guys - it will go a long way in doing some good for the people with mental and developmental disabilities that we're trying to help out!

Also - you CAN get into the event free by referring enough people - check out

http://www.zionlan.net/events/contestrules.php

Lastly, everyone pre-reg if you're interested in coming - pre registration is free and allows you to get more information about the event, as well as updates when we get new sponsors, announce new prizes, and keep you informed and up to date on all that is Zion LAN!

I give my total congratulations on your lan event. As a lan event host, I can understand the difficulty in getting quality sponsors and help. We had a tough time at the Dallas TXGF event.

Keep it up

I am definately glad to see BF1942 Desert Combat as one of the tourneys.

Thanks :D To be honest, i was expecting a flooding from the [H] - but we got barely a trickle, and 2-3 posts on this forum... is everyone on an [H] vacation? lol... No matter - we're setting up the "Prize Room" display right now... it's looking sweet. We'll post pics and maybe even a webcam feed once its up :D

No no, Cru. Thats not how you get hits! You don't project disappointment, you offer sexual favors!

*scratches his neck* who wants a reserved seat? *runs*

If anything, We're grateful for everyone thats read the thread, visited the site, and pre-regged. The amount of people that [H] reaches is more than anyone could ask for, even in an advertising campaign :D

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you there!

Quite true wayne - i didnt mean to seem ungrateful, as like wayne said - this was more than we could ever hope for. A HUGE thanks to Kyle, Steve, and the rest of the [H]ard|OCP staff - i've been reading the [H] for the last 5 years every day - you guys rawk :D

Only 4 days left to register for the LAN! Get your seats for what is shaping up to be THE event this summer for midwest gaming! :D

Back