Zerotherm 120 Nirvana Install problem "Washers?"

whiskeykid

n00b
ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 Cpu Cooler :
My problem is that there are 4 washers -black covered in paper-plastic that aren't mentioned in the instructions or the instructions inventory for either an AMD or Intel setup . See address for picture of washers at bottom of this message [above screws in center of pic]..
My instincts tell me to drop the washers onto the screwholes on the base as it protrudes up thru the motherboard ,then place the heatsink and it's bracket onto the washers and base .
I have looked online and found several install guides but tho the washers are sometimes included in the inventory of the article sadly ,the washers are never described or explained so I am at a loss .
I am building an quadcore sockett 775 on a gigabite motherboard GA-EP35-DS3L. I was hopeing to loose my AGP and Socket 478 wings and join the real world and maybe try a little mild overclocking so any help is appreciated .

http://www.frostytech.com/articleimages/200712/apackNirvana120_all.jpg

I have the same cooler and noticed that too but didn't use them and the cooler works perfectly fine. I have no clue what they are for but it doesn't seem to matter. Since the instructions don't say where to put them, I wouldn't even use them. Putting them in the wrong place might cause the cooler not to function properly.

That would be bad.

No mention of washers in install papers sortta makes it sound like any problems from lack of washers aren't my fault . Maybe I worry too much but wanted to get a handle on this before proceeding . I have been slavering over getting this rig done and with no tech support reply from them so far I may have to proceed with caution and hope for the best . I'll get some sleep and see tommorow about it .

Dear Valuable Customer

Thank you for purchasing our premium CPU cooler Nirvana NV120.

Also we would like to say sorry giving you an inconvenience while using the cooler.

The purpose of the washers you mentioned is to attach the manual fan speed controller into the computer chassis,
not for mounting or installing cooler module.

I will now finish my build with no more delays , thanx for help, end thread......

Back