Zerocoin To Become An Independent Cryptocurrency

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many different "coins" are out now? I am almost embarrassed to admit that I can't keep track of all the new cryptocurrencies are out now. :(

When a group of cryptographers launched Zerocoin last year, they hoped their cryptography project could upgrade Bitcoin to be as anonymous as its most privacy-focused users have always wanted it to be. Now, after six months of waiting in vain for their code to be adopted by the Bitcoin community, they’re taking a bolder approach: Creating their own cryptocurrency, with privacy baked in from the start.

ugh zerocoin, no one wants to hard fork BTC's blockchain, suprised they finally figured it out.

Pump n dump - anon edition

One of these days, some government (US, China, Russia, etc etc) is going to anonymously start a cryptocurrency so they can keep track of the users and the money flow.

The only question I have is; are there going to be ASICs available for this or will Joe Schmoe's with a gaming computer actually have a chance of generating more money than they spend on electricity costs?

The only question I have is; are there going to be ASICs available for this or will Joe Schmoe's with a gaming computer actually have a chance of generating more money than they spend on electricity costs?

If its a SHA-256 coin then current ASICs should work,if its scrypt based then currently only GPUS can mine it. There is talk about ASICs coming for scrypt but it wont be a huge jump in speed,if any jump. But they are more power efficient then GPUS

CoinCoin. Every coin mined generates a new currency to be used for that coin, which is split up according to the rules generated for that new currency.

One of these days, some government (US, China, Russia, etc etc) is going to anonymously start a cryptocurrency so they can keep track of the users and the money flow.
The entire Bitcoin transaction history is publicly visible. The only thing they don't already have is a link between the BTC wallet and its owner, and I can't see how their own currency would make that any easier.

Back