Zen3 prices rise

I have noticed something interesting the past few days...seems that the price of the Zen3s are going up...

I was getting really excited about ten days ago when ANTonline had the 5900x for $329. Was thinking about an in socket upgrade and figured it would fall a bit further. Now they have the 5800x listed for $329.

A couple examples with Amazon prices the last month:

The 5600x was down to $175 and now is up to $200
https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08166SLDF

The 5900x was down to $360 and is now at $390
https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08164VTWH

And Amazon hasn't even been the cheapest. Seems odd to raise prices with the new line of CPUs about to come out.

Yup, I've noticed the same, not just with AMD but with Intel too.

They are probably trying to reduce losses before the imminent release of new CPUs. They will drop again at some point.

I'm considering a 5800X or 5900X as well, and can hand-me-down my 3700X, so have been watching prices.

I know it's very location specific, but I have access to a Microcenter. They've been pretty stable on pricing for the the past few weeks, although they lowered the 5800X3D from $419.99 to $399.99 and then back to $419.99 recently. My location also went OOS of the 5900X last week, so they must be selling at $349.99 and that might be their final price at MC (they are back in stock now). Especially since they have been trying to sell remaining 3900X's at the same price.

Trying to be patient and hoping that prices do fall some more with the actual Zen4 announcement/release. A $299.99 5900X would be great and probably unlikely but worth waiting a bit to see.

You can walk out the door with a 5600x in hand for $209 at Best Buy if you don't like waiting, that's still a heck of a deal compared to what I payed with scapler pricing involved for lack of stock. deal with 5000 seriers is maybe that last of the 65watt cpu's with the 5700x being top dog!

I don't think AMD have said they're ending supply of Zen3. Although they'd like everyone to believe that so they can bump prices a little before Zen4 next month. I think Zen3 will drop a little more, but much more if supply becomes a constraint after the low-price rush.

Some platforms might require items that have a high percent-off rating to have been the higher price within 30 days. There are many sites that don't do this. I've associated the practice of fake percent off with video games and chinese resellers, although I'm sure it's not limited to them. They just pick a random "was" price and it's up to you to know it's an outright lie, unless there are price trackers for that site that have that item in the database.

So sometimes you'll see a price go up, but it's only long enough to establish the higher price as a was price.

Yup, I've noticed the same, not just with AMD but with Intel too.

They are probably trying to reduce losses before the imminent release of new CPUs. They will drop again at some point.

yeah, its a clearance on a single site, not a universal price drop. you only see shit like this stay when multiple sites have tons of stock (remember the micro center 3900x for $400? they were not the only site)

Zen 3 had poor availability on its first year, so they didn't have the time to build-up excess stock. of high-end parts!

Some platforms might require items that have a high percent-off rating to have been the higher price within 30 days. There are many sites that don't do this. I've associated the practice of fake percent off with video games and chinese resellers, although I'm sure it's not limited to them. They just pick a random "was" price and it's up to you to know it's an outright lie, unless there are price trackers for that site that have that item in the database.

So sometimes you'll see a price go up, but it's only long enough to establish the higher price as a was price.

This happens all the time. I bought a Cherry Blue switch keyboard a few weeks ago that was on sale for $60 CAD because I needed one for the office and normally you can't find them for less than $100. "Regular price" was listed as $150. It was $120 when the sale was over, go figure. The differential didn't move the needle for me, the fact it was $60 did, but that game is as old as time and it's why I make great use of online price aggregators so I know when I'm actually getting a deal.

I got the 5600 non X for 149$ at microcenter. Boosts to 4.65 single core(max AMD allows) and I can get all core heavy load to 4.3ghz and closer to 4.5-4.6 in games :)

I heard or read or something the other day that AMD is going to raise priced of zen3 as they release zen4. I can't remember where I caught that. Wish I could.

Anyone else hear that?

Should be an interesting black friday this year. I'm itching to upgrade (likely something Zen 3), I wonder if I should wait the couple months?

Should be an interesting black friday this year. I'm itching to upgrade (likely something Zen 3), I wonder if I should wait the couple months?

I'm sure you could get a super deal in the secondary market as long as you don't mind used.

I certainly don't mind used, and will definitely try this avenue first. Currently have a i5 4590s and a 1070.

just be sure to test it. i bought a used 3600x. turned out to be bad. but i didn't test for a month or two. was mostly my fault for being lazy.

Back