ZEN2 users with 64gb mem, please come in....

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for feedback from users with 4x16gb sticks running 3600mhz or better... is this possible with our mem controller and what headaches did you overcome to get this to be stable? any tricks/tips?? Thanks a million for whatever feedback you can provide. I just have a strange issue I noticed and cant obviously test till I get my parts (and obviously waiting for a while for 3950 cpu to become purchasable) But here is what I found looking at the QVL list on asus' site for my CHVIII board.

I'll be using 4 x 16gb sticks of this
F4-3600C16"D"-32GTZNC
looking at the QVL list on asus' site it only lists 4 sticks of this tested with this model number

F4-3600C16"Q"-32GTZNC

what the hell is the difference between "Q" and "D"???

One is probably for Dual channel systems and the other for Quad channel.
As such timings will be configured differently to make it easier on the memory controller.
Edit: Took a look one is 2x16GB the other is 4x8GB

yeah, i see now... the
F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC is the same kit but just 4 x 16gb sticks.. I think ill be ok using 4 sticks of this hynix C die ram at rating timings and speed.. reeally not asking "that" much from this

I tried for a bit and couldn't get 4x16GB sticks of F4-3200C14 to boot at all. Tried various settings like 3200 CL14, 3600 CL16, etc and giving it up to 1.5v and nothing.

Ended up returning the new kit of 2x16GB and just sticking with my original 32GB.

My Crosshair Vii Hero with 2700x and 4x 16gb 3200 sticks Maxes at 2933 Any Setting Any Voltage (Tried up to 1.5 they are B-die)...
Tried two 2700x's Same Thing... Funny thing it will run that on auto mem 1.2 volts All day long...

3700x and 3900x same setup only get to 3200... at 1.35 Up to 1.6v Still Only 3333...
Corsair Veg PRO RGB 3200 16gb sticks Yes B-die...

https://hardforum.com/threads/64gb-ram-for-ryzen.1977306/#post-1044293954

Must be the Memory.... Have 8gb sticks B-die that will run 3800 14-15-14 at 1.45

Last edited:
Must be the Memory.... Have 8gb sticks B-die that will run 3800 14-15-14 at 1.45
8 GB sticks are single rank which are much easier for the Ryzen memory controller to handle and having 4 sticks just makes it even harder.
If you ran one 16GB stick at a time I think you would find that they would all hit there rated speed no problem but if one stick doesn't and the rest do yes you have a dud and should RMA it.

The older Crosshair Vi Hero may actually be better for running 4 sticks of RAM thanks to it's T topology layout.

I have F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC (4 x 16GB) in ASRock x570 Taichi with 3900X. They are Hynix DJR (D-die). I run it with their built-in XMP profile at 3600 CL16 at stock voltage for a month now. No issues. Passed all stress tests too.

i got this one
F4-3600C18Q-64GVK @ 3333MHz [xmp profile 2] stable
on x470 msi gaming pro carbon with ryzen 1700x

UPDATE:.... Spent yesterday tuning a mem oc using these 4 x16gb sticks and let me tell you that im pleasently surprised with the outcome. using Dram Calc to get settings for a 3733MT OC of which i was able to achieve with success @ 1.40vdimm using CL16 / 19/19/36 1T .. all 4 of my sticks are using "DJR" chips so maybe that helped me. Nice having 64GB of fast memory.

So 3733mhz? Cl16 on 64gb? That's a pretty impressive memory controller..

Reactions: bjtag
like this
New Micron and Hynix are easier on the mem controller... Even Dual Rank...
Samsung B die Dual Rank are hard on AMD mem controller (For all my Ryzen 1,2,and 3 setups)

My Crosshair Vii Hero with 2700x and 4x 16gb 3200 sticks Maxes at 2933 Any Setting Any Voltage (Tried up to 1.5 they are B-die)...
Tried two 2700x's Same Thing... Funny thing it will run that on auto mem 1.2 volts All day long...

3700x and 3900x same setup only get to 3200... at 1.35 Up to 1.6v Still Only 3333...
Corsair Veg PRO RGB 3200 16gb sticks Yes B-die...

https://hardforum.com/threads/64gb-ram-for-ryzen.1977306/#post-1044293954

Ok update my 32gb 16 x2 kits needed 1.4v to be stable at 16-18-18-36 3200mhz on 3900x.... But that was with Stock default 60 ohm ProcODT....
With 36.9 ohms will run at stock 1.35v stable. Working on testing 4 Sticks next.
And the lowest Dram Calculator wanted was 48 ohms...

Okay, I finally got my 64GB to boot on 3600MHz (IF@1800) with 3900x! It tooks almost two weeks but I figured out what was wrong. My Board is Asus x570 Gaming Plus with Bios V1405. Memory is F4-3600C16D-32GVKC: these are Hynix D-die so just use C-die template in Dram calculator with safesetting. I found a few thing that caused the issue even with using DOCP/XMP profile. BIOS/UEFI is only reading the first 5 value in the XMP profile. For my case, the RAM is rated for 16-19-19-19-39. The rest of the setting was put in auto instead of the value from XMP profile. First you need to boot up with a stable setting/SPD (e.g 2600MHz) and use Thaiphoon Burner to read the remainder values in the XMP profile and write them down/take pictures. Only use DRAM Calculator to fill in the GAP. The biggest different I found was TFAW (40 on XMP, DRAM was 12) and TRFC4 (XMP 289 vs DRAM does not exist). In addition, SOC on my mobo was set to Auto which result in 1.3V. I had to manually drop this down to 1.1 to match DRAM calc. After you get it to boot on 3600, run memtest and it should pass. Then you can perform tightening of memory timing. My finally timing is 16-17-18-19-32. I am running stock voltage at 1.35V. For Zen 2, keep ProcODT from 60-83omhs; this is from my researching!

Last edited:
Okay, I finally got my 64GB to boot on 3600MHz (IF@1800) with 3900x! It tooks almost two weeks but I figured out what was wrong. My Board is Asus x570 Gaming Plus with Bios V1405. Memory is F4-3600C16D-32GVKC: these are Hynix D-die so just use C-die template in Dram calculator with safesetting. I found a few thing that caused the issue even with using DOCP/XMP profile. BIOS/UEFI is only reading the first 5 value in the XMP profile. For my case, the RAM is rated for 16-19-19-19-39. The rest of the setting was put in auto instead of the value from XMP profile. First you need to boot up with a stable setting/SPD (e.g 2600MHz) and use Thaiphoon Burner to read the remainder values in the XMP profile and write them down/take pictures. Only use DRAM Calculator to fill in the GAP. The biggest different I found was TFAW (40 on XMP, DRAM was 12) and TRFC4 (XMP 289 vs DRAM does not exist). In addition, SOC on my mobo was set to Auto which result in 1.3V. I had to manually drop this down to 1.1 to match DRAM calc. After you get it to boot on 3600, run memtest and it should pass. Then you can perform tightening of memory timing. My finally timing is 16-17-18-19-32. I am running stock voltage at 1.35V. For Zen 2, keep ProcODT from 60-83omhs; this is from my researching!

Thank you for this!!! I just put two of those sticks into an Gigabyte x570 pro wifi, 3900x and was unable to boot with XMP set. Very frustrating as the BIOS wouldn't reliably reset after failed boots, and no way I'm taking out cards to reset the bios manually each time.

Ill follow your lead with the settings, good to hear it's working for you.

Hey, I am not sure which board you have but your board should have a two-jumper pins to clear out the CMOS. Just turn off the switch of the power supply or pull the power cord. Use a ball point pen to short the two jumper-pins for 2 seconds. No need to take out the CMOS battery. That should save you alot of hassles.

Hey, I am not sure which board you have but your board should have a two-jumper pins to clear out the CMOS. Just turn off the switch of the power supply or pull the power cord. Use a ball point pen to short the two jumper-pins for 2 seconds. No need to take out the CMOS battery. That should save you alot of hassles.

Great tip, here I was thinking I needed to set the jumper, never knew you could just short the two. Saved a lot of time!

I am not able to boot at 3600 yet. I used Taiphoon to get all XMP values into DRAM Calc. In DRAM I used system profile V1 and Safe calculations, Hynix c, Ryzen +, x570.

In BIOS I first set as many XMP values as I could and then used the DRAM values to fill in the rest. It boots at 3200 and seems stable.

The only volts I manually set was Soc at 1.1 and DRAM at 1.35.

Ill try a few different things tonight.

Try reflashing Bios? Helped me sometime get it working when it should have been!
And Power Down Full Off... Sometime works for me to...
Have a set of 2x8 hynix AFR and every reboot they don't work with settings that ran fine for days before!!!

Great tip, here I was thinking I needed to set the jumper, never knew you could just short the two. Saved a lot of time!
You could also move case reset switch to the clear BIOS jumper while you tinker.

I am not able to boot at 3600 yet. I used Taiphoon to get all XMP values into DRAM Calc. In DRAM I used system profile V1 and Safe calculations, Hynix c, Ryzen +, x570.

In BIOS I first set as many XMP values as I could and then used the DRAM values to fill in the rest. It boots at 3200 and seems stable.

The only volts I manually set was Soc at 1.1 and DRAM at 1.35.

Ill try a few different things tonight.

Make sure you click on the report button after you read your ram. There are alot more settings. See my attachment!

Attachments

• Thaiphoon Burner Report.PNG
    Thaiphoon Burner Report.PNG
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: bjtag
like this
I haven't tried reflashing bios but I did flash to latest before anything.

I am doing the full report from Taiphoon as you posted, and I do see the same timings as you so that's good.

I'm working my way up from 3200 on fast settings from DRAM calc - no errors prime 95 memory stress 1.5 hours even with min voltage.

I'm at 3333 no problems so far. But it's a slow process :) I guess it's possible I had some settings mistyped at 3600, but I triple checked. I guess I'll see.

Well, at 3400 safe settings I can POST but get blue screens before booting to Windows. I've tried upping voltages, DRAM, VDDP, VDDG, SOC and nothing helps. I'm going to let p95 run overnight at 3333, but just seems strange that I'd be stable there and can't even boot to Windows at 3400.

Well, at 3400 safe settings I can POST but get blue screens before booting to Windows. I've tried upping voltages, DRAM, VDDP, VDDG, SOC and nothing helps. I'm going to let p95 run overnight at 3333, but just seems strange that I'd be stable there and can't even boot to Windows at 3400.
Hey, what RAM do you have? Rated speed/timing I am surprise Hynix C die has the exact XMP profiles as a D-Die. Did you also set the .900V setting?

Hey, what RAM do you have? Rated speed/timing I am surprise Hynix C die has the exact XMP profiles as a D-Die. Did you also set the .900V setting?

I have the exact same kit as you, F4-3600C16-16GVKC. So D-Die but I used the Hynix C die setting in DRAM Calc as there is no D-Die setting. I think I'm just going to RMA the RAM, fingers crossed that's all. I'm not sure which .900v settings you're speaking of but I've tried just about everything.

Hey, when you are booting with 3333, would you please upload a screenshot of your ryzen master? I want to look at your setting. I doubt memory is the problem. Have you tried to boot IF@1800 and ram at 3333MHz? Just to make sure IF can run at 1800MHz. The .9V was for CLDO VDDP and VDGG. Also make sure you use on cpu termination resistance in range from 60-83omhz. My first board 60omhs works great. My replacement board like 68omhs better. The 60 omhs has intermittent failed posting. Sweep the resistance range before any other values.

Attachments

• 3600mhz working configuration.jpg
    3600mhz working configuration.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm using on a 64GB (4x KSM26ED8/16ME DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM Kingston + Micron RAM) TUF450M Pro with a Zen+ 2700 CPU but I put a 3900X previously with that RAM and tested okay.
I also use on a Prime B350M-A 64GB 64GB (4x KSM24ED8/16ME DDR4 2400 ECC UDIMM Kingston + Micron RAM) with a Zen +.
No OC.

I tried FCLK at 1800 and 3333MHz RAM, booted just fine and ran a quick 10 mins of P95 no errors. Does that pretty much rule out the CPU? Here I was thinking I was going to have an excuse to return it and go with a 3950x instead ;)

Attachments

• ryzen_master3.PNG
    ryzen_master3.PNG
    287.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ryzen_master1800fclk.PNG
    ryzen_master1800fclk.PNG
    290.2 KB · Views: 0
MRAB54,
I noticed alot of your values are not from XMP profile. This is high priority. Please see my attachment. It shows where XMP extracted information goes. Most of the other values are from DRAM Calc. Good luck and let me know your result! You can always tighten the timing after booting. For now, we want the best compatibility setting for booting. I would recommend doing these setting in BIOS as folks indicate Ryzen Master may behave improperly in Windows.

Attachments

• Revised for 3600MHz.png
    Revised for 3600MHz.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
MRAB54,
I noticed alot of your values are not from XMP profile. This is high priority. Please see my attachment. It shows where XMP extracted information goes. Most of the other values are from DRAM Calc. Good luck and let me know your result! You can always tighten the timing after booting. For now, we want the best compatibility setting for booting. I would recommend doing these setting in BIOS as folks indicate Ryzen Master may behave improperly in Windows.

Ok, so I followed your settings and am able to boot @ 3600 RAM and ran P95 for 30 minutes no errors!!! I have a few differences from my DRAM calc results than what you posted, the big one was cLDO VDDG you show .900 and my DRAM calc shows .950. If I switch back to VDDG of .950 I can't boot. At .900, everything is good. I'll have to look into VDDG to better understand it but it looks like this is what my problem was.

Also, my DRAM shows procODT of 53, which I used and was stable. procODT of 60 seems stable as well, P95 run of over 30 minutes.

My DRAM calc for RTT_NOM shows OFF while you show RZQ/7. I left off. Again, not sure the significance of this setting.

Big thanks for your help! I was about ready to start sending parts back!

Attachments

• dram_calc_3600_safe.PNG
    dram_calc_3600_safe.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
You are correct, I left cLDO VDGG at .9 after successful at .95. VDGG has to do with graphic bus but since 3900x has no graphic, I tried with .9 and it works. In your case, .95 should had been more stable but it did not boot. Weird! Well, i am glad it works out for you! You should run a full test of memtest. Let it run over night! Now it time for your to tighten timing!

Last edited:
I have F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC (4 x 16GB) in ASRock x570 Taichi with 3900X. They are Hynix DJR (D-die). I run it with their built-in XMP profile at 3600 CL16 at stock voltage for a month now. No issues. Passed all stress tests too.
What tests were you using to stress test the Memory

Back