Zelda Musou announced - (Zelda Dynasty Warriors)

The problem most people have with Other M is that it was extremely sexist. What made it even worse is they did that to Samus, who was thought of as one of the few women in gaming that was portrayed in an extremely negative, weak, sexist, or just a piece of ass and tits.

It was really an unforced error and they managed to provide a text book example of all the issues women had with games and gamers for years.

What made Other M terrible? Two words: "The Baby"

The problem most people have with Other M is that it was extremely sexist. What made it even worse is they did that to Samus, who was thought of as one of the few women in gaming that was portrayed in an extremely negative, weak, sexist, or just a piece of ass and tits.

It was really an unforced error and they managed to provide a text book example of all the issues women had with games and gamers for years.

I have never heard this angle before.....
But I guess it makes sense to a point. They gave Samus a personality, a very weak one, that goes completely against everything we knew about Samus to that point. The scene where Ridley attacks and she freezes, that was just stupid. "I fought this thing 20 times before, but NOW he makes me shit my pants..... wtf?"
You can blame Sakamoto for that too then, he wrote it like that.... He might be the original developer, but he single handedly killed the character of Samus and half the appeal of Metroid. I don't want him near the next game.

I have never heard this angle before.....
But I guess it makes sense to a point. They gave Samus a personality, a very weak one, that goes completely against everything we knew about Samus to that point. The scene where Ridley attacks and she freezes, that was just stupid. "I fought this thing 20 times before, but NOW he makes me shit my pants..... wtf?"
You can blame Sakamoto for that too then, he wrote it like that.... He might be the original developer, but he single handedly killed the character of Samus and half the appeal of Metroid. I don't want him near the next game.

Or how she can't use her special abilities because a man told her not to.

Your typical dorky, white, male, gun owner to make up for a small dick, basement dwelling, car loving, bad with women gamer wouldn't have noticed it. But the entire thing was a debacle and there was massive push back over it. Even worse said male stereotype defined above stormed on all sorts of message boards screaming how games are for guys and women should do what guys tell them. It also showed just how ass backwards and horrible gamers are as a whole.

It was a cluster fuck that didn't have to happen.

Or how she can't use her special abilities because a man told her not to.

Your typical dorky, white, male, gun owner to make up for a small dick, basement dwelling, car loving, bad with women gamer wouldn't have noticed it. But the entire thing was a debacle and there was massive push back over it. Even worse said male stereotype defined above stormed on all sorts of message boards screaming how games are for guys and women should do what guys tell them. It also showed just how ass backwards and horrible gamers are as a whole.

It was a cluster fuck that didn't have to happen.

o_0

So you didn't like it?
That's a pretty intense stand against a poor video game... Are you sure that was intentional? Blame Sakamoto.

Very polarizing.
You either love that one or hate it.
It seems most people that hate it, blame the shit story, those that like it, didn't really pay attention to it (It's quite forgettable, minus THE BABY THE BABY).
I hated the fact they force you to play on the wiimote, when the game is fully 3D. But I heard that was Sakamoto's decision to not allow the nunchuk, just like he wrote that awful script.
If you ask me, Other M wasn't Tecmo's fault, it was Sakamoto's.

Ironically, here we are once again with a Tecmo collaboration. Who knows how this is going to turn out....

Tecmo gets a lot of unfair blame for Other M. They did the grunt work of development; Nintendo told them what to put in there.

Ninja Gaiden proves that Team Ninja at least knows how to make very good action games.

o_0

So you didn't like it?
That's a pretty intense stand against a poor video game... Are you sure that was intentional? Blame Sakamoto.

Sakamoto didn't write the final script. Team Ninja rewrote a lot of it and screwed with the designs. Team Ninja was handed character designs for Samus in her zero suit and put in a lot of notes not to change it, but they did anyways. For example, Sakamoto wrote, in bold letters, "Samus does NOT wear heals in her zero suit. Under no circumstances do you put them in."

You know what they did? They gave her heals, even though it made no sense, especially with her power armor not having heals. That's just one of the changes they made.

Tecmo gets a lot of unfair blame for Other M. They did the grunt work of development; Nintendo told them what to put in there.

Ninja Gaiden proves that Team Ninja at least knows how to make very good action games.

I'd say the opposite.
NG has been on a downward spiral since Itagaki left, and the last musou game on Wii U (Hokuto Musou) was awful. That's why I'm not sure we are going to get anything more than a 6/10 or 7/10 game. DW8 was the last game and it hovers around exactly that on metacritic.

I'd say the opposite.
NG has been on a downward spiral since Itagaki left, and the last musou game on Wii U (Hokuto Musou) was awful. That's why I'm not sure we are going to get anything more than a 6/10 or 7/10 game. DW8 was the last game and it hovers around exactly that on metacritic.

I haven't played NG3, but 1/Black/Sigma/2/Sigma were plenty of proof for me.

Sakamoto didn't write the final script. Team Ninja rewrote a lot of it and screwed with the designs. Team Ninja was handed character designs for Samus in her zero suit and put in a lot of notes not to change it, but they did anyways. For example, Sakamoto wrote, in bold letters, "Samus does NOT wear heals in her zero suit. Under no circumstances do you put them in."

You know what they did? They gave her heals, even though it made no sense, especially with her power armor not having heals. That's just one of the changes they made.

Ah, but he did. It was all him.

"The story for Other M was definitely the product of Mr. Sakamoto at Nintendo. We definitely worked with them on the project, but that was all him. [...] There are definitely things we learned from Other M by working with Mr. Sakamoto and with Nintendo that we’ve applied to the NG development. —Yosuke Hayashi"
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...e-hayashi-talks-ninja-gaiden-3/#ixzz1YkFVArKB

I haven't played NG3, but 1/Black/Sigma/2/Sigma were plenty of proof for me.

3 is the worst game in the series, by FAR.
They tried to "fix it" with the WiiU version, bit it's still an unbalanced, exploitable, QTE ridden mess. If you really want to know what happened to that game, look at this old thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1682199&

Ah, but he did. It was all him.

3 is the worst game in the series, by FAR.
They tried to "fix it" with the WiiU version, bit it's still an unbalanced, exploitable, QTE ridden mess. If you really want to know what happened to that game, look at this old thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1682199&

It sounds like Team Ninja was butthurt by people complaining about the game, and tried to blame Sakamoto. And I played Ninja Gaiden 3 on the Wii U myself, and that felt like proof enough for me that they were mostly responsible.

It sounds like Team Ninja was butthurt by people complaining about the game, and tried to blame Sakamoto. And I played Ninja Gaiden 3 on the Wii U myself, and that felt like proof enough for me that they were mostly responsible.

In that both games are crap?

LeviathanZERO;1040480388 3 is the worst game in the series said:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1682199&[/url]

I'll take your word for it. I've just never been able to sit down and play it. If they're working on NG4, hopefully they get back to what made NG Black the best action game of the previous decade.

I don't think Team Ninja deflected blame. They did what Sakamoto told them to. Sakamoto was director and project lead, has been since Super Metroid.

Other M feels like a 2.5D Super Metroid, maybe a little more linear, with some really awful cutscenes and a painstakingly CG rendered ass in a bodysuit. So maybe they were just trying to preemptively compete with Starcraft Ghost?

The clock speed of a processor doesn't matter nearly as much as you're claiming. Keep in mind, the Xbox One and Ps4 are clocked with a processor speed of 1.8 ghtz per core. The Wii U was made with a 45nm process and has much more cache than the PS3 or Xbox 360 have. It's also several generations ahead of the Xbox 360 processor.

The manufacturing process of a console's processor doesn't matter to performance once design is complete. It only affects manufacturing cost and power/heat.

The PS3 CPUs manufactured today are on a smaller process than the original versions but they both perform the same

The manufacturing process of a console's processor doesn't matter to performance once design is complete. It only affects manufacturing cost and power/heat.

The PS3 CPUs manufactured today are on a smaller process than the original versions but they both perform the same

It depends on how the manufacturing process is used. A smaller manufacturing process, coupled with a well designed layout, can reduce inefficiencies and delays in processing. Both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 had several revisions to reduce the manufacturing process, yes, but they never took advantage of it to rework it for more power, as it wouldn't be worthwhile as the games made for those consoles would have to work on the older versions of the console anyways.

What I was getting at is that clock speed is nowhere near as good of an indication of actual performance as it used to be.

This is not a good enough reason for me to get a Wii U =(, but it is kinda tempting cause my wife wants one now lol

Looks like an interesting take on Zelda. I suppose if there are people out there only interested in straightforward hack n slash, this would be a cool way to get into the Zelda universe.

This is not a good enough reason for me to get a Wii U =(, but it is kinda tempting cause my wife wants one now lol

The reasons to get a Wii U are Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World.

If I don't get one for Christmas, I'll be buying one the day after.

I doubt this game will move any Wii U consoles. For one, it's not the Zelda game that fans of the franchise are looking forward to. Secondly, Dynasty Warriors has never been a big seller anywhere other than Japan. The franchise has always been a total flop in every other market. I don't expect this game to be any different. Let's be honest with ourselves here, if a flagship Mario game could barely moved any Wii U consoles off of shelves, what chances does this game have?

Let's be honest with ourselves here, if a flagship Mario game could barely moved any Wii U consoles off of shelves, what chances does this game have?

Mario 3D Worldisn't a flagship title any more than New Super Mario Bros.

Mario 3D Worldisn't a flagship title any more than New Super Mario Bros.

Don't tell Nintendo that lol. A majority, if not all, gaming enthusiast websites & communities call it so. So it is what it is :D. If you, for some reason, don't consider it a flagship Mario game, than what is & what year will that be coming out? :p

Don't tell Nintendo that lol. A majority, if not all, gaming enthusiast websites & communities call it so. So it is what it is :D. If you, for some reason, don't consider it a flagship Mario game, than what is & what year will that be coming out? :p

I'd like to know that myself. Flagship Mario games are very rare, usually once a generation; Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2.

3D World is by all accounts just as excellent as Galaxy 2, but that doesn't make it a flagship Mario game, any more than the Paper Mario series can be considered flagship. (Speaking of, I'm still waiting for a sequel to Super Paper Mario, one of my favorite games of the previous decade.)

Flagship Mario games sell don't they? I could have sworn they used to. Until now.

Oops, where's my Wii U logic ahem, lets just give the game 2 years on the shelves like the Wii U console. Then we will know if it was or wasn't, cause this Wii U could take off any day now...wouldn't want to go out on a limb would I? Nope. :p

Oh hey I know the problem they didn't pack in this Mario game, that's why. If they would have just packed it in surely SM3DW would have sold over a million by now. Just give it 2 years, these numbers right now do not mean a thing!

Back