Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I think the armor scaling for defense is a bit odd...with ~30 armor on a Stealth set I seem to still take about 7-8 hearts of damage from the grey/purple "elite" bokobkin guys.

I've heard that with 84 defense you take ~5 hearts from a Lynel but with 88 you take 1/2 a heart. Seems kind of strange.

All 120 shrines done...farming dragon parts for the Deity and Wild armor sets. Got to start farming Lynels as well...they seem to go down easy with a multi-shot bow. You can do a face shot -> stun -> mount combo pretty consistently to stun lock them to some extent. The only real issue with them is that they hit for a shit ton of damage, but with decent armor it's...alright.

I hope the DLC brings some cool new stuff. I still haven't done the Ganon fight...might do that soon, but I hear it's kinda meh.

I hope the DLC brings some cool new stuff. I still haven't done the Ganon fight...might do that soon, but I hear it's kinda meh.

No it's great... but it's more of a cinematic thing than a challenge.

Yeah, I think that is my next step...I've pretty much done everything I want to do in the game, Lynels are easy now...farming them for their equipment which is basically the best in the game.

Just beat the game. Ganon was EPIC! I got the true ending which was short but sweet.

The boss music was amazing! So many chills running through my body. :)

How anybody can be disappointed at this ending is beyond me. Maybe people have become so accustomed to Dark Souls that they can't enjoy easy boss fights anymore?

I was disappointed to find out that you can't free roam the map after the game is over. How awesome would it be if it gave you some extra missions that you can do with Zelda at your side?

Hah...yeah, it seems like the game needs NG+. But I guess you can keep playing pre-Ganon after you beat him anyway, so I've heard.

Hah...yeah, it seems like the game needs NG+. But I guess you can keep playing pre-Ganon after you beat him anyway, so I've heard.

Yeah, you can. The game keeps a final save before you enter that battle. You can keep doing whatever you were doing as though that fight never happened.

Beat Ganon...very cinematic fight indeed, though far too easy with halfways decent armor, the Master Sword, and all 4 beasts unlocked. Entire fight was like, 10-15 minutes if that.

Still, it did look very cool. I wish there were more phases, though.

Looks like new locations, probably a new dungeon and more shrines to me...we'll see how extensive it is but it looks cool.

I decided to give CEMU a try since the triple-core patch is out. Game runs easily at 4K 30, I also managed 1080p60 with the FPS++ fix.

HzbELmN.png

Nice! I think I'm ready to give it a whirl too actually. I just got back into BotW after losing my flash drive with it and my save data. I'm already further than I was before, but now my kids are all on my case to play it too, and since there's only one game in progress at a time, this would be a great way to let them play it while I keep going on my game.

I downloaded a pre-setup pack. Whole process took about 10 minutes.

Interesting. I'll take a look around. I'm pretty heavily versed in emulation, so shouldn't be too bad either way. (I've been maintaining my MAME collection since 1994 as one example :D )

Cool, I'll give it a quick look before I try this.

roommate has this so I figured why not try it on his tower. runs great 1080p/60 or 4k/30 on [email protected]/16gb/970. only downfall is the motion control stuff is controlled by holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse and it is barely usable. some say you can get ds4windows and ds4 pad to work but I haven't managed to yet...

roommate has this so I figured why not try it on his tower. runs great 1080p/60 or 4k/30 on [email protected]/16gb/970. only downfall is the motion control stuff is controlled by holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse and it is barely usable. some say you can get ds4windows and ds4 pad to work but I haven't managed to yet...

Interesting. Yeah, I didn't really think about the motion stuff. That wouldn't be a huge problem for me, but I don't think my kids will like that. :D I guess it's just time to buy a switch, and then they can play it on the Wii U :p

To be honest though, I've got my youngest trained pretty well now. She can play BotW pretty well, and does some of the exploring aspects, finding new shrines, etc. and knows not to use all of my higher level weapons or supplies. It's kind of like having an automated script grind out some of the simple stuff. hehehe

Problem is, if the motion stuff is broken, you are going to have a hard (if not impossible) time finishing some of the shrines that rely on it.

Pretty cool to see how far CEMU has come with BOTW, though.

Problem is, if the motion stuff is broken, you are going to have a hard (if not impossible) time finishing some of the shrines that rely on it.

Pretty cool to see how far CEMU has come with BOTW, though.

I agree. I just think I'd probably able to squeak by on the crude mouse controls for some of those, where maybe my kids wouldn't like it. However, I've been surprised by how quickly they adapt with other things. (like playing Minecraft with a track pad :eek: bloody nutters... :D )

I got about 10 hours into the game again on CEMU but I think I'm gonna shelf it.
It's not really possible to play at 60fps at the moment since the game bugs out in a lot of little (and a few major) ways. The emu itself is kinda buggy since I'm crashing every hour or so, but I think there are ways to fix that.

Game looks great and runs perfect at 30fps (even at 4K+) but I'll wait to run it at 4K 60fps in a year or so when everything gets patched up.

the new FPS++ with the BSoD unlimited FPS fixes all the issues with high fps causing problems like fast forward shrines and GREATLY improve fps.
I've played for 4-5 hour stretches without a crash on all three cpu modes. so not sure what might be causing your prob. maybe try the dual core mode. some say its more stable....
1080/1440/60 seems no prob until you start adding graphic enhancements....
but that 4k/60 hope might be a ways off.

the new FPS++ with the BSoD unlimited FPS fixes all the issues with high fps causing problems like fast forward shrines and GREATLY improve fps.
I've played for 4-5 hour stretches without a crash on all three cpu modes. so not sure what might be causing your prob. maybe try the dual core mode. some say its more stable....
1080/1440/60 seems no prob until you start adding graphic enhancements....
but that 4k/60 hope might be a ways off.
Nah it's still broken.
You can't avoid the flickering NPCs and animation freezes at 60fps. Full Sync solves some of those issues but you will drop to ~40fps with more than 5 NPCs on the screen.

The game runs my 980 Ti at 50% utilization 4K 30 right now, pretty sure a 1080 Ti could manage 4K 60. Volta will breeze through it.

Having a problem with BOTW on Switch. Whenever I launch the game now and want to play with the Pro Controller, the Switch constantly pops up with that window that wants me to push L + R on the controller I want to use. I do that, it shows the Pro Controller on the screen, and then I press A and the thing asks me to press L + R again. It does this over and over and over again. I go to play any other game and I can play it fine, but BOTW constantly is asking me to press L + R to start.

Any ideas? Should I reinstall? Don't want to lose my save.

Having a problem with BOTW on Switch. Whenever I launch the game now and want to play with the Pro Controller, the Switch constantly pops up with that window that wants me to push L + R on the controller I want to use. I do that, it shows the Pro Controller on the screen, and then I press A and the thing asks me to press L + R again. It does this over and over and over again. I go to play any other game and I can play it fine, but BOTW constantly is asking me to press L + R to start.

Any ideas? Should I reinstall? Don't want to lose my save.

did you try turning it off and on again?

Are the graphics on this game bad? I played a demo of this in Target on a Switch they had set up, and it looked terrible. It was not what I was expecting. I don't know if something was wrong with Target's display or what. The game was kind of giving me a headache. Trees were rendering as I ran around and nothing looked "clear". It looked like they were going for some kind of retro-look. I'm hoping it was just a bad setup.

Are the graphics on this game bad? I played a demo of this in Target on a Switch they had set up, and it looked terrible. It was not what I was expecting. I don't know if something was wrong with Target's display or what. The game was kind of giving me a headache. Trees were rendering as I ran around and nothing looked "clear". It looked like they were going for some kind of retro-look. I'm hoping it was just a bad setup.
Characters/NPCs/Monsters are cel-shaded (like Wind Waker), the environment is sort of a texture/cel-shaded hybrid.
It's not a technical masterpiece but it's still a beautiful game.

Here's some screenshots I took at 4K downsampled on PC. You can find more here. (not mine)

Back